Acrophobia 18 1/2 - Ravens from Mom, Round 6 Voting

Fragile Bird

Yes, I've been familiar with the term 'numbnuts' since I was a child.  It was a commonly used derisive term that was far cleaner than the terminology used today.  Now, most people don't really care, they use the more vulgar terminology.

I've lived a sheltered existence.  :lmao:

And didn't grow up in North America.

So until DG comes on in the morning to say that that's a common expression in England - those are the excuses I'm going with.

Yes, I've been familiar with the term 'numbnuts' since I was a child.  It was a commonly used derisive term that was far cleaner than the terminology used today.  Now, most people don't really care, they use the more vulgar terminology.

Wait, what?? Now I'm lost.  What's the more vulgar term?   :uhoh:

I've lived a sheltered existence.  :lmao:
And didn't grow up in North America.

So until DG comes on in the morning to say that that's a common expression in England - those are the excuses I'm going with.

Nay, int no Bri'ish sayin' lark.

Me sen, I tend t' think o' "numb-nuts" as summit I 'ear in them American gangster picture shows. Can 'ear it in that stereotyped Italian-American accentuation.

Deleted again, I'm ranting.

Deleted.

I resent you not for rants, but for deleting them :pirate:

I am voting, if I can :ninja:

first           5.    Let not unfaithful nuances get overblown.

second     8.    Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.

third          3.    Love? Neither understanding nor gratification oncoming.

third          7.    Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!

1st:    7.    Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!

2nd:   4.    Lovey, no! Unthinkable, nasty, Gregor-like overture!

3rd:   10.  Lordling,

Nauseating, utterly nefarious, gross offense.

3rd:   8.    Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.

While both "numbnuts" entries are entertaining, they also both suffer from my brain's confusion at the fact that the term is one word instead of two.  Brain does not want to agree with online dictionaries about that.  Points for funny though!  An extra special mention to entry 6 and entry 9, and for both authors who apparently think alike.

Votes:

1. 8. Lions never underestimate. Now, go outmaneuver.  I tend to picture Joanna as either sweetness itself, or a mastermind. This fits the latter quite well.

2. 7. Lousy Notion !!! Unseemingly narcissistic gambit...Opprobrious !!!  This fits the outrage one might expect, especially since she warned them about that kind of behavior. Also I can't help picturing her saying "It's not nice to throw people from windows!"

3. 10.  Lordling,

Nauseating, utterly nefarious, gross offense.  Well stated! 

4. 2.  Lovers? Nana understands. New grandchild obtained?  This is just too twisted not to vote for!  Cracked me up!

Honorable mentions to 3, because if I'm reading it right it sounds like something a mother might say, and to 11 which only did not get a vote because apparently lions do unthinkingly nix greenseeing others. 

Nay, int no Bri'ish sayin' lark.

Me sen, I tend t' think o' "numb-nuts" as summit I 'ear in them American gangster picture shows. Can 'ear it in that stereotyped Italian-American accentuation.

What kind of American gangster pictures are you watching if numb-nuts is the worst thing anybody gets called? LOL

What kind of American gangster pictures are you watching if numb-nuts is the worst thing anybody gets called? LOL

lol I wasn't saying that's the worst thing anybody gets called in them. It's just what springs to mind when I hear "numb-nuts", for some reason. I just hear it in that stereotypical Italian-American inflection.

Like, from New Jersey or something?

I wouldn't know to be honest. My knowledge on accent locations in the US is pretty limited. Hey The Sopranos was set in New Jersey right? Yeah that's kinda what I was referring to. I think American gangsters, I hear that accent.

Archived