Acrophobia 18 1/2 - Ravens from Mom, Round 6 Voting

Fragile Bird

First - 3. Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?

Second - 8. Snow... over men, enveloping wall. Omens never lie. Call me!

Third - 9. Sweetling, only maniacs evilly, wantonly obliterate. No live cremations! - Mom

Fourth - 2. Sweetie,
Opportunity may evolve. Watch out! New Lord Commander. ^_^
Mom

I know some folks were complaining but I think the entries this round were really creative!

It seems to me that there is a direct correlation with the amount of bitching about the letters and how fantastic the results are! :)

I'm not sure there is a correlation. In general we just like to bitch, and we are just that good.

Was like giving birth (to a shadowbaby) trying to come up with anything that made sense.  But, apparently, for others these letters were a breeze - hence these amazingly good acros.

snip

This happens a lot in my opinion. The collective frustration breeds creativity.

How dare nobody vote for that entry I submitted in the half a second of spare time I had! Who cares if it didn't make sense? Maybe Sam's mom is somewhat slow...

I didn't vote for your entry for the same reason I didn't vote for Woofless': They ignored the introductive text of FB in which it was stated that the letter arrived at the beginning of Sam's time at the wall.

It seems to me that there is a direct correlation with the amount of bitching about the letters and how fantastic the results are! :)

:o

I'm not sure there is a correlation. In general we just like to bitch, and we are just that good.

:commie:  :smug:

I didn't vote for your entry for the same reason I didn't vote for Woofless': They ignored the introductive text of FB in which it was stated that the letter arrived at the beginning of Sam's time at the wall.

I object!  I didn't ignore the introductory text!

I just completely forgot about it.  Not the same thing at all.

Interesting. I didn't even bother to notice there was a setup. I don't like setups, too narrow.

Great round and tough to choose.  Still...

1. 3. Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?  Translation = I want grandchildren...human ones! LOL

2. 8. Snow... over men, enveloping wall. Omens never lie. Call me!  That ending just kills. :D

3. 2. Sweetie,

Opportunity may evolve. Watch out! New Lord Commander. ^_^
        Mom    Again the multi-generation prophetic ability thing is cool.

4. 9. Sweetling, only maniacs evilly, wantonly obliterate. No live cremations! - Mom  The moral conscience of the R'hllorist movement.

Honorable mentions to 6, 7, and 11. 

1. 5. Southward Others march. Employ wisdom or night's long cold materializes.

2. 11. Saying only, massacre every witness. Oy. No lazy crusading, Mel!

3. 2. Sweetie,
       Opportunity may evolve. Watch out! New Lord Commander. 
       Mom

4. 3. Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?

ROUND 2 Voting

RESULTS

1.    Stonehearted Snake  20 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2  =  29
1.    Julia H. 4 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4  =  29
3.    Dolorous Gabe  11 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  27
4.    rocksniffer  18 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  22
4.    Night's Queen  11 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  22
4.    Lady Blizzardborn  10 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  22
7.    Emmit  10 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  20
8.    Howlin' Howland  14 + 1 + 3  =  18
9.    Woofless  3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  15
10.  Ser Not Appearing  9 + 1 + 1  =  11
10.  lil' ghost  7 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1  =  11
12.  a shadow  1 + 1  =  2
13.  yomi  1 + 1  =  2

Thank you for giving me so many votes this last round! (If only you could make a habit of it...)

1. 6.  Gourmet hamper, ham, ale, received? Wear sweaters, darling.  That sounds so much like a mom!

1. 6. Gourmet hamper, ham, ale, received? Wear sweaters, darling.

In a field of strong entries this is the standout. It captures Melessa's voice, it shows her enabling his weight problem, it shows that she loves and cares for him, and it sounds like a mom. If you would, Bird, change my entry to this, thanks.

"Sounds like a mom" may have something to do with the fact that I'm a mom. LOL. It was easy to relate to Sam's mom. 

1st   3.    Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?

2nd  6.    Shadowbabies??? Oh Mel!

Employing wretchedly offensive necromancy?
       Leave crimson madness!

3rd   5.    Southward Others march. Employ wisdom or night's long cold materializes.

4th   1.    SHIREEN??? Oh Melony, evilness wastes one's never-ending Light. Cease murdering!!!

First: 3.    Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?

Second: 10.  Shadow offspring might endanger well-being of name's legacy. Cease making!

Thirds: 9.    Sweetling, only maniacs evilly, wantonly obliterate. No live cremations! - Mom

6.    Shadowbabies??? Oh Mel!
       Employing wretchedly offensive necromancy?
       Leave crimson madness!

Thank you for giving me so many votes this last round! (If only you could make a habit of it...)

"Sounds like a mom" may have something to do with the fact that I'm a mom. LOL. It was easy to relate to Sam's mom. 

I'm a mom too, but I didn't nail it quite the way you did. That was clearly the best entry of the round.

1st - 5.    Southward Others march. Employ wisdom or night's long cold materializes.

2nd - 3.    Shadow offspring? My endless waiting on newborns lastly conceives monster?

3rd - 10.  Shadow offspring might endanger well-being of name's legacy. Cease

3rd - 8.    Snow... over men, enveloping wall. Omens never lie. Call me!

HMs - 2, 7, 9

Archived