Do you think Margaery actually love(s/d) any of her kings?

RenlyTheOneTrueKing

Margaery's an interesting one, in the books she is quite bland and indeed the show character's actions are fairly bland as well altho she is more proactive with Joff, but Natalie's eyes are very suggestive and machiavelian, at times alluring, at times almost demonic, it makes the show character interesting and quite hard to pin down, a bit like Varys, they are often shown as or thought of by others as bad and manipulative, but I think ultimately they are the good guys, the counters to LF and Cersei.

I don't think she truly loved any of them. I think she is a climber, but not necessarily a bad person. I think she is very good at reading people and adapting to their needs. With Renly, she was very accepting and practical, showing no judgment at all with him being homosexual and was even willing to let Loras get him started so they could produce an heir. She was somehow able to appease Joffrey during the brief time they were together, attempting to mold him into a leader the common people wouldn't hate so much.

She certainly knows exactly how to manipulate Tommen, but I don't think her intentions are malicious. I think, like Cersei, her duty is to her family and she is allowing herself to be used as a tool to further their ambitions. Actually, come to think of it, she and Cersei are a lot alike, except Cersei is way more of a c-bag. In the show, Margaery is imprisoned for lying to protect her brother, which I think speaks to her character. 

Margaery is quite crafty, she knows that at the end of the day the smallfolk support does matter, and in some ways is even more important that the support of other lords/Ladies... Did she loved any of her kings? No, she didn't at least not in a romantic way, Renly was pure duty, joffrey was a psycho, and tommen is a toddler, she would make a terrific queen, but i think after Tommen's imminent death, she will be burned out.. Who would want to marry a triple widowed lady? Unless she proves she still keepa her maidenhood..

Margeary is not seemingly one to sleep around on her husbands but she seems experienced before Tommen so it just adds to her manipulative skills. She would have had a better chance to seduce and make Ramsay Bolton her man instead of Sansa, that is for sure.

Some ladies are trained in the ways of love.. There's no evidence that margaery was trained.. But it isn't far fetched, she is the granddaughter of the queen of thorns, she know how much valuable is having a man ( in her case a king ) crazy for her..

Some ladies are trained in the ways of love.. There's no evidence that margaery was trained.. But it isn't far fetched, she is the granddaughter of the queen of thorns, she know how much valuable is having a man ( in her case a king ) crazy for her..

Margeary got sloppy this year. Being openly hostile to Cersei was a big mistake. All she had to do is actually be polite to her and get pregnant as fast as she could but she had to overplay her hand with a woman who she knew to be ruthless. it goes to show, once Tywin died, the Lannisters lot a lot of respect and fear, prematurely. Ungregor will be involved next year, that I am sure of.

Margeary got sloppy this year. Being openly hostile to Cersei was a big mistake. All she had to do is actually be polite to her and get pregnant as fast as she could but she had to overplay her hand with a woman who she knew to be ruthless. it goes to show, once Tywin died, the Lannisters lot a lot of respect and fear, prematurely. Ungregor will be involved next year, that I am sure of.

Now that you mention it.. We dont know if she is pregnant... She and tommen were at it... A lot.. But yea, you are right, she celebrated prematurely and it came back to bit her ass.. At the end she had to call back up

Probably liked Renly as a person

Hated Joffrey

Manipulating Tommen, could have grown to care for him over time. I don't think she'll ever forgive him for allowing the Faith Militant to seize her or her brother. Nor should she, I might add.

I still can't shake Margaery facing the same fate as Anne Boleyn

I do not know where I read it but the rumor was Natalie wanted to make sure when she signed on that she was not doomed to the same fate. Well, when you sign the line, you pay the fine. She I think will get beheaded and it is kinda funny.

I do not know where I read it but the rumor was Natalie wanted to make sure when she signed on that she was not doomed to the same fate. Well, when you sign the line, you pay the fine. She I think will get beheaded and it is kinda funny.

They can always burn her instead...loophole! :lol: Anyway, no, no love. I'm sure as soon as a resurrected Jon comes with Stannis's claim to the Throne, She'll be looking to make him hubby number 4.

It's very obvious that she did not love any of the kings she had married.  She craves power (albeit to be used for good) and the thrill of the climb, and when she is upset about Renly, it's because she can't solidify her position as queen without a child.  With Joffrey, it's all smiles and flattery when she is interacting with him, but she looks disgusted when he's not looking, even at their wedding when he mocks the troupe of dwarves she doesn't hide his distaste for the king.  Tommen is too young for her to truly love, but in time, there certainly could have been a love, such as that between Tywin and Joanna or Ned and Cat. 

No, i think she was ok toward Renly because he was Loras's lover, she dislikes Joffrey and neutral toward Tommen. She actually reminds me of Alicent Hightower, she'll do anything to get the crown and keeps it on her head. That say, this won't end well for her at all

Eh, probably not. She might have loved Renly, but I'm not sure.

She had to have hated Joffrey. She was just playin the game.

And yeah, she's definitely just manipulating Tommen.

Renly was loved by other tyrell, she was cautious with Joffrey but i think she could've control him at some level(?) Joffrey was an unpredictable little shit but she knows how to use her charms... And tommen is like clay, she can mold him and make him her king..

Margeary has not had a match that really complements her. Renly, gay and screwing her brother. Joffrey, psychopath and Tommen a child in a man's body, young man but I know that love matches really did not happen much in that timeperiod that they are mimicking. Tommen will not live long enough to live up to potential.

Archived