Dating: Not just for the carbon isotopes

TerraPrime

Lily, that is definitely a date. AMPhilip, that's awesome!

So I messaged devil fighter and we're going bowling tonight.

Hahahaha. Nah. Just funnin' y'all.

We had been out previously. I'm not sure where this is going, or if it's going anywhere but we are going to make plans to see eachother again though.

I don't know if this is what was going on here but when I was breastfeeding sex could get messy. Apparently for a lot of women orgasm can trigger the letdown process. Stuff got everywhere.

Lily, that is definitely a date. AMPhilip, that's awesome!

So I messaged devil fighter and we're going bowling tonight.

Hahahaha. Nah. Just funnin' y'all.

Bowling seems like an odd venue to eb starting the universal war on Evil.

Which I suppose makes it the PERFECT place for the devil to be lurking.

I still really need this lactation thing explained to me

Some people get off on drinking breast milk. Some people get off on having people drink their breast milk. Direct from the source, of course.

I don't get it but there's way weirder fetishes out there I guess.

A brief note of extreme shame:

for those of you that might remember "Sally" who I speculated threads ago might fancy your humble narrator and dear friend, I randomly learned at a recent work event that she is married. 

She did not wear anything that looked like a traditional wedding ring to me which is the only smidgeon of defense I can offer. 

Why is the world so cruel?

I actually technically have a black belt in Karate. Though I haven't practiced in over a decade. I got it when I was 18 after about 6 years of study. That said I have never felt like I could kick a guy's ass. I've never felt like I could win a fight against full grown man, if we where fighting for real. I think where I differed from a lot of my friends though is that I knew I could hurt them if it came down to it. I knew I would get beaten, and it would hurt a lot, but I also knew I would likely be able to hurt them too. Probably not as much as they could hurt me, but I could make it expensive (pain wise)  for them at least.  I am very grateful it never came to that.

Yeah same, I took it the entire time in college, haven't used it for a decade as well but joined a dojo 5 years ago and brushed up on it again. Aikido is basically used to defend the practioner themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury. The techniques consist of entering and turning movements that redirect the momentum of an opponent's attack, and a throw or joint lock that terminates the momentum technique. I've never had to use it to protect myself or friends, but I've tried it on S.O. & guy friends on drunken bets and it works well for me. Much easier to use it when they're inebriated actually.

I've done some self defence classes, and the point that's always been hammered home is that you're not actually trying to fight the guy because that's dumb and realistically you will probably lose. The goal is just to create an opportunity for you to escape, whether that means kneeing him in the balls or stamping on his feet with your high heels if he grabs you from behind.

Same concept as your defense class. The goal is to be able to stop the attack and move away.

From several threads back:

But a possible solution is to see if your parents could make your daughter the owner of the house with you guys holding it in trust for her as a minor. That way it is available to your daughter without her mother being able to sell it and run off with the cash. 

I looked it up and that's not possible in my country. Children are not allowed to own property. What I can do is have ownership of the house and have a document saying that ownership transfers to my daughter when she turns 18. 

I was very reluctant to post here but since somebody suggested it here, I wanted to let you know that that's impossible. My choices are now more limited.

In case you were wondering, I'm hiring a lawyer next week.

I think this is pretty important stuff for people in the dating scene to understand, personally, and I don't think they will be inclined to seek it out elsewhere.

Re: Glaurung et al, yes, people know in a vacuum that "rape is bad." There is wide disagreement on what constitutes rape, and many people will opine that xyz isn't rape even when xyz is statutorily defined as rape. They will sometimes argue that something shouldn't be classified as rape. I recall a dustup in Congress about whether it was "really" rape if physical force wasn't involved (for example, if someone was too drunk to consent, or their drink was drugged. I agree that not raping people is the job of people who might otherwise be inclined to commit rape, but telling them not to does not appear to be generally adequate.

Moreover, the point that Kay and others are making is that while we may be telling men not to rape people out of one side of our cultural mouths, the other side is busy telling women it's their fault if they get raped. Oh, she shouldn't have dressed like that. Oh, she shouldn't have been down in that neighborhood alone. Oh, she shouldn't have ordered the fancy salad. It's a disgusting form of victim-blaming. It says "it's your fault this happened." The actual fault is the person who stuck their dick where they weren't supposed to, but it's a way to pass the blame from that person to the victim. People don't always realize that that's what they're doing, but it is.

I agree, and it's pretty worrying that people don't want to hear about this kind of stuff. It's pretty damn relevant.

Trisk, everyone that I like is totally inappropriate in some way for me too, so you are not alone.

I just want to know why LiTA is getting german chocolate cake and offers for monogamous relationships and all I get is wackos and creepers with offers of devil-fighting and a million selfies.

Life is not fair.

Well, I'd say people know a catch, and not such a catch, when they see one. I would say I'm a catch, and Dental Assistant recognizes that. You're a good woman, ES, but the amount of well adjusted adult men isn't something I imagine to be a huge number. Are there plenty of decent men? Probably, but I'd say it's always gonna be easier for guys to meet decent women than vice versa.

It seems to me like you've been able to find some happiness being single, and I think that's critical to a healthy state of mind. I have no doubts that you'll come across someone who really moves the needle for you, ES. Good luck.

I agree, and it's pretty worrying that people don't want to hear about this kind of stuff. It's pretty damn relevant.

It's not the subject, but the lack of discourse; which seems to be fairly common once this thread gets derailed in any way.

Only if by lack of discourse you mean a handful of male posters refusing to consider the fact that they might not understand an issue affecting women as well as the multiple women telling them about their experiences do.

I wonder if you'd be attacking it so hard if it wasn't a straw "man" ? 

Only if by lack of discourse you mean a handful of male posters refusing to consider the fact that they might not understand an issue affecting women as well as the multiple women telling them about their experiences do.

Nope.  I mean a handful of posters talking past each other creating an air of hostility that is really unnecessary.  

Archived