Sansa Stoneheart? (book spoilers)

Zoe Stark

ETA: also in show she may now have a beef with Brienne, since she left her watch to act on her revenge leaving Sansa to her own.

It would be funny if Sansa did get angry with Brienne, when she explicitly told Brienne that she did not need/want her help. 

It would be funny if Sansa did get angry with Brienne, when she explicitly told Brienne that she did not need/want her help.

And, if I may add to that, I don't remember the old lady telling Sansa that by "help" she meant that "really tall Lady Knight, you know, the blond one...". It was a very general there-is-help-if-you-need-it statement.

Sansa should be angry with a few people but Brienne is not one of them. If she is angry with anyone more than Ramsay, it must be Littlefinger. However, as others have pointed out, the showrunners have gone way, way out of their way to say that Littlefinger honestly did not know how much danger Sansa was in when he left her there all alone at Winterfell. He could have left her two knights as personal guards/sworn swords but no, not even that.

She strikes me as the strong aunt like figure that helps oversee the raising of the next generation of Starks but on the show, I could almost never see her wanting to go back to Winterfell again after the Boltons ruined it for her with their presence and ofcourse her horrible wedding night and subsequent rapes. I have a strong feeling she simply will not be alive at the end of the story, books and show. When Lady died, it was major foreshadowing, we just do not yet know the outcome yet.

I feel she is a much stronger person, and I don't beleve the loss of Lady means Sansa dies, all the Stark deaths with the exception of Neds, the wolves were, near by their owners ( Robb, Cat, Jon ) .

She told her it wasn't safe to be near her, she told all that with words and body language, and GC did comfirm peoples reading of that scene .

For that matter, the only way Sansa would even know Brienne left her watch would be if Brienne told her that.

If Sansa finds Stannis dead she will learn why, unless she thinks Ramsey did it, but if Brienne tells her Sansa could go ape shit on her.

She didn't

Ned did that himself when he told Cersei everything before he got his family out, Sansa did not goto Cersei to say good bye to her until a couple of days later, Cersei already had things in motion, Roberts death, soldiers, Janos Slynt and his crew etc. all Sansa did unintentionaly was provide the final time line and get her and Jeyne Poole held as hostages.

She was a naieve child that was caught up in a  political game by uncaring and overly proud grown ups that didn't give 2 shits for the realm.

Ned's stupidity doesn't forgive what Sansa did.  I'm not trying to be too hard on the young girl, but facts are facts.

Ned's stupidity doesn't forgive what Sansa did.  I'm not trying to be too hard on the young girl, but facts are facts.

she did not get her father killed, she killed no one, so what in your mind did she do to warrant death?

she did not get her father killed, she killed no one, so what in your mind did she do to warrant death?

She went to Cersei and told her that her father was sending her back to Winterfell.  (At least in the books she did.)  That was a betrayal of her family for her own selfish ambitions.  I don't think it warrants death, but the bad karma she gets from that combined with the death of her protector wolf makes me think she's in big trouble.  Remember even GRRM's original outline had Cersei choosing Joffrey over her family and later regretting it.

She went to Cersei and told her that her father was sending her back to Winterfell.  (At least in the books she did.)  That was a betrayal of her family for her own selfish ambitions.  I don't think it warrants death, but the bad karma she gets from that combined with the death of her protector wolf makes me think she's in big trouble.  Remember even GRRM's original outline had Cersei choosing Joffrey over her family and later regretting it.

Her " Karma" has been repaid a hundred folds, the death of her wolf is on: Cersei, Joffry, King Robb, Arya and Ned.

Even if she did tell KR what she told her father Lady would still die because KR was weak and Cersei was a "C".

Why did honorable Ned force Sansa to speak what she saw, he just let it pass, why?

Sansa did go to Cersei as she wanted to stay South in King's Landing, be a Princess and eventually the Queen. After she got a taste of the opulant life South of the North, she did not want to go back and marry some Northern Lord who had snowy lands and a drafty castle. She was 13 years old on the show and 11 in the books. She made a youthful mistake that Cersie later in the books thinks to herself "that was a better gift" then when Pycelle told her about the Margeary Moon Tea tip. Sansa, like on the Kingsroad with Joffrey, Micah, Arya and the wolf, she did think of herself and did not heed the warning signs about Joffrey and Cersei's vindictive nature. She was young and without her mother who would have given hopefully better council. Sansa was intimidated. Most of all, she never wanted anyone to die, especially her father. Sansa is a very tragic figure who has learned some hard lessons in books and show but clearly the worst of it on the show. There is not much of Sansa left after Season 5 but there is still some none the less. Is she strong? Yes.

Her " Karma" has been repaid a hundred folds, the death of her wolf is on: Cersei, Joffry, King Robb, Arya and Ned.

Even if she did tell KR what she told her father Lady would still die because KR was weak and Cersei was a "C".

Why did honorable Ned force Sansa to speak what she saw, he just let it pass, why?

The death of her wolf is also her fault for refusing to tell the truth. 

Pycelle told her about the Margeary Moon Tea tip.

Completely off topic question - apologies to OP and all - but if you would be so kind AGoS, or anyone :) ...

This Moon Tea, what is that about? I gather from some other thread it has, er, abortive properties. Did Cersei use this while pregnant with Roberts child(s)? It was mentioned in the show by Jaime to Loras I believe as something she'd drink if she became pregnant etc.

Back on topic.

I don't like the idea of "karma". Sansa was a typical teenager with limited experience in the world. She was probably pampered because she was a very pretty child, she was promised to a prince and all his would tend to exaggerate her own personal expectations. This made her silly and gullible. Certainly made her willing - well, wanting to believe those that could give her all those things that "were the only thing she had ever really wanted!", her own words. In the show it was not only she who wanted to stay but Arya as well, two completely different reasons why but equally as driven to stay in KL. Both paid for that decision. Pre-teen girls are not known to listen to reason, they want what they want. Frustrating? Hell yes! But to put a chain around their neck and call it karma is a bit evil in itself. Neither child had any idea what the repercussions would be.

But, it does set up for the change in their character (their moral character and their show character, person...thing). And we get to see how each react to the change. Arya is becoming an assassin and bent on revenge but she may level off or she goes a bit mad, I'm not sure. Sansa I still do not see as a revengeful character. I see her using her grief to steel herself for the fight and become a leader, at least someone who the North can rally around. She won't remain a pin-cushion for much longer. One caveat - I think Littlefinger has something coming for him, surely. I'll actually have some popcorn for that and I don't like popcorn, not really.

Completely off topic question - apologies to OP and all - but if you would be so kind AGoS, or anyone :) ...

This Moon Tea, what is that about? I gather from some other thread it has, er, abortive properties. Did Cersei use this while pregnant with Roberts child(s)? It was mentioned in the show by Jaime to Loras I believe as something she'd drink if she became pregnant etc.

Moon Tea is like a morning after or a few days after drink that is concocted to stop a pregnancy in its near inception. It is mentioned heavily in the books and is frequently used by brothels and some other ladies that sleep around and some of them are highborn. Margeary in the books has moon tea made for her by Grand Maester Pycelle but it is unclear if it is for her or a handmaiden or even if he is lying. He let it slip in front of Cersei which she has used also in the books in a case against Maregary for Adultry in which caused her to be arrested and they discovered that Margeary has no maidenhead while she is claiming to be a virgin. Tommen is 8 in the books so no wedding night bliss, Joff was killed at the wedding dinner and Renly was gay but the Tyrells claim Margeary is a virgin.

Moon Tea is like a morning after or a few days after drink that is concocted to stop a pregnancy in its near inception. It is mentioned heavily in the books and is frequently used by brothels and some other ladies that sleep around and some of them are highborn. Margeary in the books has moon tea made for her by Grand Maester Pycelle but it is unclear if it is for her or a handmaiden or even if he is lying. He let it slip in front of Cersei which she has used also in the books in a case against Maregary for Adultry in which caused her to be arrested and they discovered that Margeary has no maidenhead while she is claiming to be a virgin. Tommen is 8 in the books so no wedding night bliss, Joff was killed at the wedding dinner and Renly was gay but the Tyrells claim Margeary is a virgin.

Thank you!

I honestly think we could still get the real LSH this coming season.

I think they've pushed it to after Jon's resurrection, otherwise, Jon coming back to life would be not be as big a deal to the viewers as it should be, and finding out LSH has been around for months, we just didn't hear about it until now, will be more dramatic as well.

Or.... it might never happen.

I, for one, still have hope. 

Archived