What about Rickon?

PodrickMayne

This may have been touched on already, but I Feel like GRRM has purposely leaving Rickon out of the story. We know he's fled to Skagos and Davos will be heading out to retrieve him. Anyone have theories of what's next for Rickon or where he fits in?

Rickon is the only Stark other than Robb that does not have a POV. Need I say more?

Rickon's Dire Wolf is named Shaggy Dog. Do you know what Shaggy Dog mean in story telling?

Shaggy Dog:In its original sense, a shaggy dog story is an extremely long-winded anecdote characterized by extensive narration of typically irrelevant incidents and terminated by an anticlimax or a pointless punchline. Shaggy dog stories play upon the audience's preconceptions of joke-telling.

"and terminated by an anticlimax or a pointless punchline"

Rickon is not long for this world

I find it kind of interesting that GRRM chose to send Rickon to Skagos now that I'm reading more and more about them they are considered a very savage people. And he has made it pretty clear that Rickon is a wild young boy and since all the tragedy has become almost feral alone with with a wildling woman who is herself pretty savage. The skags could possibly revere a savage young boy and his direwolf. The whole shaggydog thing could be misdirection ? I wouldn't put it past GRRM things could still get interesting with Rickon

I find it kind of interesting that GRRM chose to send Rickon to Skagos now that I'm reading more and more about them they are considered a very savage people. And he has made it pretty clear that Rickon is a wild young boy and since all the tragedy has become almost feral alone with with a wildling woman who is herself pretty savage. The skags could possibly revere a savage young boy and his direwolf. The whole shaggydog thing could be misdirection ? I wouldn't put it past GRRM things could still get interesting with Rickon

It's funny that you say that because when I picture Rickon on Skagos I see him as a Walter Kurtz-like figure there. A little wild man with his direwolf being treated as a demi-god by the Skagosi.

It's funny that you say that because when I picture Rickon on Skagos I see him as a Walter Kurtz-like figure there. A little wild man with his direwolf being treated as a demi-god by the Skagosi.

Right and now maybe Davos convinces the little fella that his sister "Arya" has been found and rescued by Stannis and they need help. Davos save Stannis again this time with a horde of savage man eating Skags instead of Onions!? Hey it could happen

I think because his story at this time would give too much plot away. IE He and Osha had to travel thru the North to get to Skagos and likely their adventures might be spoilers. Also if someone has Rickon, it would be better to keep him safe until other events played out and there was a coalition with enough power to seat him.

Regardless, all anyone needs is the direwolf. You just need a Pisswater Rickon.

I can see that Rickon's journey is pointless, but it's not exactly a shaggy dog story because he wasn't there much at all.

Davos' story is a shaggy dog story, that I believe. He cannot convince Osha and Rickon to go with him. Davos will probably end up in a platter.

I heard a theory about maybe Rickon being the strongest of the Stark wargs possibly, based on the fact that we just don't know anything about, a vague idea that the warging gets stronger as you go down the Stark children line (excluding Jon), and the fact that when Rickon gets mad at one point, all the direwolves react and not just Shaggy Dog which may imply that he could have a stronger ability. It's not my theory so I forgot most of it but I did think it was interesting. If that was the case then I think it'd be interesting to have the wildest, most powerful Stark child arrive from having been living near some of the wildest Westerosi area people and just...wreak havoc. 

But in reality I could see Sansa taking care of him if she can rid herself of Littlefinger.

Archived