What do you expect to see in Bran storyline in Season 6?

Lady of Butterflies

In the casting thread it was noted that a part that is obviously a CotF is being cast, and the description is interesting.

According to the casting breakdown provided by our sources, the show is looking for a young woman approximately 18-22 years old of any ethnicity to play an “impactful role” in season 6. It’s noted that the part requires a lot of days filming between Oct. 14th and Dec. 7th.

Here’s where the role gets very specific: the actress needs to be very short – about 5 feet tall or shorter. They’re asking for “striking facial features,” eyes that are far apart if possible, and someone with a “child-like physique.” They need someone who is charismatic and has the ability to handle action scenes as well.

Impactful role, substantial shooting time, and action scenes. Bran is definitely leaving that cave. Expect him at Castle Black early in the season.

I seem to remember some of the rationale for cutting him out of season five was to skip past what they deemed to be boring training montages, so hopefully they actually jump forward to Bran getting in on the action, whether bringing back Jon, helping Sansa, turning the tides at Winterfell, whatever. GRRM's been building up the awesome potential power of the world's only Greenseer/superwarg all-in-one for twenty years and he needs to be turned loose. 

He will already be a powerful greenseer. This was their excuse for having Bran skip Season 5-

" Like, it would be far less interesting, after The Empire Strikes Back to have an hour-long movie in between Empire and Return of the Jedi where Luke is training. It’s so much cooler to cut from end of Empire to beginning of Return, where he’s become the Jedi.”

source: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/13/game-thrones-bran-season-6

I think we might learn more about the Night's King/White Walkers and R+L=J through Bran. The actor also said that Bran will have some interesting visions this season.

ToJ! ToJ! ToJ! ToJ! ToJ! ToJ! ToJ! ToJ!

RLJ! RLJ! RLJ! RLJ! RLJ! RLJ! RLJ!

But seriously if this doesn't happen soon, I'm going to go insane.

I missed Bran. He is one of the most interesting characters on the show and a lot is expected for him in season 6. He's obviously going to be a much more powerful warg/greenseer, which is going to be fricken awesome. I'm definitely excited to see how everything with that turns out in the long run. I do see him traveling back to Castle Black pretty early in the season; there's no way he doesn't know what happened to Jon.

tbh I don't see why Bran has to leave the North at all. The series has already established that he can see and speak to other people in dreams, even before he went North of the Wall. If he's taking Bloodraven's place then he's never physically leaving that cave again. I think the first we'll see of Jon is a Bran scene, maybe Bran will show Jon a bunch of things and help him become the hero he'll need to be to battle the Others.

I expect Bran/Mel to pick up the slack left by Jon for the majority of S.6. The thing im most excited about with Bran returning is we are bound to see more Direwolf CGI. I relize Drogon was a drain on CGI in S.5 but 1 5 sec scene with Ghost was not enough.

He's supposed to look far more decrepit and transformed, barely human. What we got was Dumbledore stuck in a tree.

Right, this is what he's supposed to look like: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/0/05/Close_up_TEC_Marc_Simonetti.jpg

In the show, he just looks like he needs some good strong kids to pull the roots loose so he can climb out.  He'll probably give them each a nickel before he drives home.

I guess they spent all the money for season 4 on Craster's Rape Shack and the Battle of Castle Black before they got to Bloodraven and the Children.  Oh well, they're probably not that important to the endgame anyway.

Right, this is what he's supposed to look like: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/0/05/Close_up_TEC_Marc_Simonetti.jpg

In the show, he just looks like he needs some good strong kids to pull the roots loose so he can climb out.  He'll probably give them each a nickel before he drives home.

I guess they spent all the money for season 4 on Craster's Rape Shack and the Battle of Castle Black before they got to Bloodraven and the Children.  Oh well, they're probably not that important to the endgame anyway.

Would have taken a proper Bloodraven over that goofy skeleton fight.

Archived