Which actor/actress portrays the most accurate depiction of their character?

The Man from Nowhere

What actor or actress do you think offers the most accurate depiction of their book counterpart. For me Rory McCann is awesome as the hound, as is/was Stannis up until the end at least. I love Jon but although Kit has the quiet, thoughtful vibe of Jon down he is a bit too good looking and sometimes the quiet reflective nature of Jon just comes across as moody. Aryas great, Sansa is okay as is Bran. Dinklage is great as Tyrion but the show makes him out to be too nice for my taste unlike book Tyrion who can be a bit nastier.

I would go with Stephen Dillane. Although the man has been handicapped by Dumb & Dumber, he still has been able to give a great performance as Stannis. Take out the last few episodes and you will see that he is quite similar to the Stannis of the book. 

Harry Lloyd as Viserys was probably my favourite portrayal. From his appearance to his being able to capture Viserys as both crazy and his slightly more lucid moments too. I thought he was brilliant, he was the character you love to hate. I almost wished Viserys could survive longer so we could see more of Hary Lloyd :)

I would go with Stephen Dillane. Although the man has been handicapped by Dumb & Dumber, he still has been able to give a great performance as Stannis. Take out the last few episodes and you will see that he is quite similar to the Stannis of the book. 

I agree. You can see the extra pedigree a stage actor brings to a role. Pure class.

Charles Dance and Stephen Dilane (despite not really looking like there characters) give the closest portrayal imo. Sean Bean was up Addy were up there as well. The closest look and acting wise is probably Theon (actors name escapes me).

ShowTheon looks nothing like bookTheon though. 

For me the closest portrayal in both looks and character is Lloyd. 

Then we have Dillane, Dance, Bean and Momoa. They look close enough and portray the character close to their book counterparts(regardless of writing).

These are the standouts for me. Rest ranges from very good to very bad.

Varys needs a mention. Conleth Hill is the perfect casting both looks wise and performance.

I agree, looks, language, you name it, he is the most perfect fit. Also the way his character is written and how he behaves. I would have said Littlefinger but after last season, i just cannot.

I can't believe how fucking man centric posters on this thread are. The actresses are great, but you dolts seem blind to their excellence. At least make an attempt to recognize that the women are every bit as important to this show.

Maisie, Maisie, Maisie!

Lena is great. Diana Rigg is great, though the character was changed for the screen. Sophie is also very good though not quite as absolutely perfect as Maisie. Natalie Dormer is only off the list because Show Margery is completely different from book Margery, but I enjoy her portrayal.

But seriously, if not for Maisie I never would have been hooked on the show. Then I never would have read the books because I am not generally interested in fantasy..at all.

So...I will say it again. Maisie.

I can't believe how fucking man centric this thread is. The actresses are great, but you dolts seem blind to their excellence. At least make an attempt to recognize that the women are every bit as important to this show.

Maisie, Maisie, Maisie!

Lena is great. Diana Rigg is great, though the character was changed for the screen. Sophie is also very good though not quite as absolutely perfect as Maisie. Natalie Dormer is only off the list because Show Margery is completely different from book Margery, but I enjoy her portrayal.

But seriously, if not for Maisie I never would have been hooked on the show. Then I never would have read the books because I am not generally interested in fantasy..at all.

So...I will say it again. Maisie.

What are you talking about? Maybe read the entire tread. Actresses are specified in the title and have been mentioned. Purely opinion based choices, nothing to do with disregarding anyone.

Conleth Hill (Varys), James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont), Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), John Bradley (Sam), Liam Cunningham (Davos)

Lena Headey (Cersei), Maisie Williams (Arya), Sophie Turner (Sansa), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn)

Generally I think the producers put more effort in casting the male roles.

What are you talking about? Maybe read the entire tread. Actresses are specified in the title and have been mentioned. Purely opinion based choices, nothing to do with disregarding anyone.

Yeah the OP mentioned actresses and a small handful of posts (only one actually) did after that, but the majority, excluding my post, gave lists (not just individuals) that were exclusively male. It was kind of incredible to me. You are not one of the dolts.

Generally I think the producers put more effort in casting the male roles.

BS

Archived