Will Ghost have to be sacrificed to bring Jon back ?

Wild _Rover

There's  probably a hundred posts about this but im to lazy to look and Id like to get other people's views on how Jon will be brought back. I hope that he is in a coma like state like Bran was and will snap out of it but that might be wishful thinking. If dead Mel would want to make a sacrifice. BR and Bran may be able to and I'm also a fan of Cat  giving him the kiss of life. So I was just wondering what others might think will  happen.

Is this just a ploy to get ghost out of the way so Jon can have a dragon? If so, I don't like it.

If this is a serious theory about needing ghost to revive Jon, I still don't like it. We saw how good a horse was to revive Drogo, I don't think a Direwolf will do too much better.

There are tons of threads about Ghost becoming Jon's Nissa Nissa. I think it would be extremely stupid and cheap, so I doubt Martin will do it - he really doesn't go for the cheap emotional stuff.
There's also the fact that the bond between the Starks and the direwolves is deeper than a just bond; the pairs complete each other, Jon thinks about it, that he is Ghost and vice versa. So killing Ghost as a Nissa Nissa replacement or to revive Jon kinda defeats the purpose imo.

I don't want ghost  sacrificed either I'd much rather jon be healed by willingness  magic  like Mace was when he was atracked by a shadow cat or bloodraven somehow doing it. I'm just worried that that crazy bitch Mel does some stupid thing like kill ghost. 

Is this just a ploy to get ghost out of the way so Jon can have a dragon? If so, I don't like it.

If this is a serious theory about needing ghost to revive Jon, I still don't like it. We saw how good a horse was to revive Drogo, I don't think a Direwolf will do too much better.

Its not my theory it's just a possibility. I with you I would hate it if ghost was gone I'd rather  have ghost  and Jon over a dragon and Jon.

If Jon wargs into Ghost, and Ghost is sacrificed to revive him...wouldn't that mean Jon would technically be being sacrificed to resurrect himself? Death for life, literally?

Honestly I don't understand the death for life thing how mamany times did Thoros  bring back Beric without killing something

I really hope Ghost doesn't have to be killed for Jon's sake, but I'd say it's likely that will happen. I was re-reading one of Bran's chapters in ADWD yesterday and came across something I had totally forgotten:

Bran is in Bloodraven's cave, trying to warg into some ravens who just seem to be chillin' there. When he finally manages to warg into one, he feels the presence of another person, some unnamed woman, inside the raven. Bloodraven later explains to him that having traces of their souls trapped inside the animals they used to warg into after they die is very common for wargs, and that this will probably happen with Bran/Summer after Bran dies.

Taking that into account for Jon's story, I'd say it's almost certain that he will really die and go through the very process BR has described. If that is the case (and it is very likely), Jon and Ghost will most likely become one and having Jon wear a human body again will probably take the sacrifice of Ghost's body. ):

I don't want to believe it, but yeah, I think only Ghost can pay for Jon.

im starting to believe varamyr was a hint at the logistics of warging. if a warg possesses a human, and his body dies, theyre imprisoned forever in their new body, same goes if they warg animals.

....but what if they were to warg, another warg? could they harness that warg's own power (they do assume control of all the properties of their second host), to jump once more.

That being said, to contradict it all, have we met a warg other than jon at the wall?

why yes, yes we did. cleverly placed at the end of the book. the warg with the boar :)

There's  probably a hundred posts about this but im to lazy to look and Id like to get other people's views on how Jon will be brought back. I hope that he is in a coma like state like Bran was and will snap out of it but that might be wishful thinking. If dead Mel would want to make a sacrifice. BR and Bran may be able to and I'm also a fan of Cat  giving him the kiss of life. So I was just wondering what others might think will  happen.

Beric was revived without the need to sacrifice a life. 

I think that's just a silly saying that ony death can pay for life.  Just because some people believe it do not make it true. 

I'd hate to think this could happen; and if it did, it would be for the sole purpose of Jon trading a direwolf in for a dragon. It's not like Ghost HAS to die to bring Jon back, GRR can do that any number of ways. 

But I've GOTTA believe GRR wouldn't DO that. I think when they get together, Dany will have a dragon and Jon will have his direwolf. They need to retain their individuality when it comes down to it.

Beric was revived without the need to sacrifice a life. 

I think that's just a silly saying that ony death can pay for life.  Just because some people believe it do not make it true. 

I said the exact same thing. if you would read the entire post  

I don't want ghost  sacrificed either I'd much rather jon be healed by willingness  magic  like Mace was when he was atracked by a shadow cat or bloodraven somehow doing it. I'm just worried that that crazy bitch Mel does some stupid thing like kill ghost. 

Its not my theory it's just a possibility. I with you I would hate it if ghost was gone I'd rather  have ghost  and Jon over a dragon and Jon.

Honestly I don't understand the death for life thing how many times did Thoros  bring back Beric without killing something

^You like a plot device? Dragons/direwolves are nothing more than that, they're not interesting, relatable, fleshed-out characters.
If there was no other way but for Ghost to be sacrificed then bring it on, I bet he'd agree to that himself if he, you know, could talk.
With Jon staying dead, you'd no longer have Ghost anyway. There would be no purpose to him anymore. He'd have to get attached to another POV character to stay relevant to the plot and I don't see that happening.

Ghost won't be sacrificed.....If you believe all the foreshadowing, Jon is to Warg into Ghost and take the readers to "The Heart of Winter" (which GRRM said he will take us..of course he could take us there via Bran also).  I don't believe anyone will know that Jon's soul is in Ghost anyways.  

Everything points towards Melisandre resurrecting Jon, we just don't know how.  It may not even require a sacrifice.  But if it does, there are other candidates that make sense...such as burning Shireen.  Or Melisandre could go the route of Thoros of Myr and give Jon the "Last Kiss" (if Thoros has this power, why wouldn't Melisandre, who is rumored to be one of the most gifted priestesses in the land?)  

A sacrifice wasn't needed by Thoros to bring Beric back to life time and time again, so not sure one will be needed by Melisandre.

I don't think Ghost will be sacrificed because I don't think Jon needs to be resurrected. I'm basing that assumption on Jon never felt the 4th knife only "the cold".  The attackers didn't get to finish the job. Somthing is happening at CB.

Archived