Benjen Stark: Dead or Alive? And Why?

KingStannisFan

I would not be surprised if Jon comes across a familiar looking Wight...

Bejen was a relevant character in the original outline. Hopefully, he will still have a role to play in the story as opposed to being the Ashara Dayne of House Stark.

Any chance Benjen is Coldhands????? Eh? Eh?

Much debated topic, but I highly doubt it.  Remember Leaf said he died long ago?  Benjen has only been missing for a few years, that doesn't seem like it would qualify as long ago to a CotF.  I would also think that if it was Benjen Bran would have recognized him.  I do think Coldhands is a Stark though. 

Well, me for one I had this idea that he actually WAS Mance Raider, lol.

I mean, when Benjen disappears Mance begins to be seen by all of the wildling army together, before that he could have been traveling the land north of the wall rapidly, with a political objective in mind.

Benjen too was always north of the wall with his rangers, wasn't him?

Mance was a member of the Watch, but nobody talked of serving with him...

Mance and Benjen were NEVER seen together...

The thing that convinced me that he was not Mance was Mance's cloak. Black with a red jagged, silk symbol that changed his life. Like a Targaryen shield, black with a red dragon in it. He is SO OBVIOUSLY ( :cool4: ) the son of Brynden Rivers...

BTW: he could be that he is BOTH Benjen and the son of Brynden Rivers!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Proud member of the Society for the Secret Targaryen

Benjen Stark is dead I know

For Bloodraven told me so

Little ones want him alive

But he is dead and the Others thrive-

Yes Benjen is dead! Yes Benjen is dead!

Yes Benjen is dead! Bloodraven told...me...so!

----So I tracked Mormont's raven and can say with certainty that it is warged by Bloodraven-

(I cataloged what the bird said, when he said it, how he said it, was he repeating a word from someone, if so who said it and what was the word placement in the sentence and what was happening around at the time as well as non-verbal clues given by the raven and the cadence with which the raven spoke the word.  I tracked the number of times each word was said also.  I made a post about it but I think I was the only one that read it :dunce:)

Based on this research - Benjen is dead -- SEE BELOW!

I think he is dead but either Jon or the Night Watch will discover his body somewhere important. Maybe at Hardhome or on the way to the Land of Always Winter.

Maybe he will have discovered where the Others come from or something similar.

Could just as easily be working for the Children of the Forrest? He is a ranger after all, knows what he's doing. Like cold hands though in order to walk among the enemy one must be dead.

Could just as easily be working for the Children of the Forrest? He is a ranger after all, knows what he's doing. Like cold hands though in order to walk among the enemy one must be dead.

To me, unless he has a really good reason, anything Benjen is doing (other than being dead) is going to come off as either oath breaking or traitorous.

I mean, he has a duty to the Night's Watch, but also to his nephew that he just brought to the Wall.

If he just decides "I have some better stuff to do" that is going to look awful. Benjen, to me anyways< does not seem like that guy.

I actually think there's a good chance Benjen is still alive--but he won't ever reach the Watch or Bran or anyone else alive. We'll find out that he's been doing something important, and that he just recently died.

Archived