What house will have the Iron throne by the end of the series

Stag_legion

In my opinion the Iron Throne won't matter or won't exist by the end of the series. What this story is about is the changing of an epoch. With the exception of the Reach and Dorne every kingdom in Westeros has lost their lord and most of the current great lords have a tenuous control at best. Combine that with three invasions over the next two books (Golden Company, White Walkers, Dany and her dragons) stirring up chaos with little cohesion due to lack of leadership and the current system will collapse. Basically, I think the story will end with Westeros/humanity barely pulling out of an extinction level event like in the case of the Long Night. If there is any attempt to re-consolidate rule in Westeros it won't be until winter ends and likely won't have any association with the old monarchy.

Frankly, I just kind of want this all to happen because it will completely be a poetic justice ending for Little finger. Imagine him inciting the War of the Five Kings which ultimately destabilizes the current political system just enough for it to totally collapse during the White Walker invasion/Long Night and all the political maneuvering he's contrived loses all value.

tl;dr The curent system of governance will come to an end as the story turns to a fight for humanity's survival.

Brandon and Rickard didn't fare very well either. Neither did Sansa in AGoT for that matter. So pretty much every Stark that's ever gone down there. [emoji14]

Yeah, Brandon was a fool (like his brother) but if the Southern Ambitions theory is any proof, Rickard had skills in politics. He was just caught off guard by Rhaegar's obsession with prophecy/lust for Lyanna and Aerys's madness.
As for Sansa, she was very naive in the beginning because she lived such a sheltered life. But now she's learning (as are the other Stark children).

Yeah, Brandon was a fool (like his brother) but if the Southern Ambitions theory is any proof, Rickard had skills in politics. He was just caught off guard by Rhaegar's obsession with prophecy/lust for Lyanna and Aerys's madness.
As for Sansa, she was very naive in the beginning because she lived such a sheltered life. But now she's learning (as are the other Stark children).

I just feel their place is in the north. Jon would be the only exception due to his Targaryen blood. But even he probably wouldn't like it down south. If he's on the IT at the end he will probably be miserable.

Jaimie Lannister will be sitting on the throne in the end. Jon and Dany will save the world, but Jaimie will end up on top. He will be an excellent ruler with Brienne as Queen.

I definitely don't see this happening, but I would like it very much.

King Aegon VI and Queen Sansa

·         King’s Guard

o   Lord Commander Sandor Clegane

o   Brienne of Tarth

o   Loras Tyrell

o   Harold Hardyng

o   Daemon Sand

o   The Blackfish

o   Theodan Wells

·         Hand of the King: Littlefinger

·         Grandmaester Marwyn

The North: Rickon Stark and Wylla Manderly

The Riverlands: Edmure Tully and Rosilin Frey

The Vale: Robert Arryn and Mya Stone

The Westerlands: Tyrion Lannister and Tysha

The Stormlands: Shireen Baratheon and Edric Storm

The Reach: Willas Tyrell and ???

Dorne: Arianne Martell and DarkStar

Jon unites the Watch and Wildlings.  Makes a truce with the White Walkers. He will come South briefly to reenact the Hour of the Wolf. He returns to the Far North with the walkers.

Dany dies in her invasion of Westeros in a blaze of glory.

Bran becomes the new Greenseer.

Arya dies and wargs into Nymeria to live on as wolf.

Plenty of crackpot here so enjoy.

King Aegon V and Queen Sansa
¡¤0202020202020202 King¡¯s Guard

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Lord Commander Sandor Clegane

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Brienne of Tarth

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Loras Tyrell

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Harold Hardyng

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Daemon Sand

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]The Blackfish

[font='courier new']o0202 [/font]Theodan Wells

[font=symbol]¡¤0202020202020202 [/font]Hand of the King: Littlefinger
[font=symbol]¡¤0202020202020202 [/font]Grandmaester Marwyn

The North: Rickon Stark and Wylla Manderly
The Riverlands: Edmure Tully and Rosilin Frey
The Vale: Robert Arryn and Mya Stone
The Westerlands: Tyrion Lannister and Tysha
The Stormlands: Shireen Baratheon and Edric Storm
The Reach: Willas Tyrell and ???
Dorne: Arianne Martell and DarkStar
Jon unites the Watch and Wildlings.02 Makes a truce with the White Walkers. He will come South briefly to reenact the Hour of the Wolf. He returns to the Far North with the walkers.
Dany dies in her invasion of Westeros in a blaze of glory.
Bran becomes the new Greenseer.
Arya dies and wargs into Nymeria to live on as wolf.
Plenty of crackpot here so enjoy.

king aegon v was perished in summerhall and has been dead for a century

no worries though his great granddaughter will take it after cersei burns down kl

king aegon v was perished in summerhall and has been dead for a century

no worries though his great granddaughter will take it after cersei burns down kl

Derp Aegon Vi aka Young Grif

Cersei will destroy the KL along with the IT. The new throne will be made from weirwood at the new capitol at Harrenhal and Jon I Targaryen will sit on it.

Interesting I have been thinking about Harrenhal as the new Capitol. Jon's not sitting on the throne.

Archived