Will Podrick ever make it to Knightdom?

PodrickMayne

As you can probably tell I'm kind of pulling for good ole Pod Payne. Hes super loyal he risked his hide for Tyrion and still never talks bad about him. And even serves Brienne the beauty very well even though she was often quite gruff to him in the beginning.

I feel like he was dealt a bad hand he obviously wasn't going to learn how to fight squiring for the imp, and Brienne can never knight him. Now that he might be with the BwB I could see it since they seem to just knight anyone. But what do you guys think? Also any insight about what Briennes word was? I haven't seen a thread on that yet

Beric's knighting is meaningless, considering he'd be brothers with Tom, Anguy, and Gendry.

Beric is out of the picture so that won't happen.

But Jamie could knight him and the further adventures of Pod may have Jamie, Brienne and Pod together.

But Jamie could knight him and the further adventures of Pod may have Jamie, Brienne and Pod together.

Clearly. I meant a Brotherhood Without Banner's knightship, but "Beric" was easier to type.

I think Pod eventually will be knighted, but he is currently too young to be knighted unless he proves himself to be a prodigy akin to Daemon Blackfyre. 

He's thirteen or fourteen currently so he's not too far off, though some squires are squires forever.

I could see a situation where he saves Jaimie if they are all reunited... I believe Lady Stoneheart would have Jaimie hanged the second she had a chance though if he encounters the Brotherhood

I don't know I can foresee them showing up to the meet as planned, a trial, a request for trial by combat and an outcome where LSH is put in the position of loosing the BwB or letting them go (possibly with a reveal of one of those characters that we "know of" but have not "met" due to an alternate identity).

Pod is a loyal, diligent, intelligent, life-saving squire. He lives to serve, and serves well. He dreams of being a knight. We have watched him learn politics, camp craft, fighting and lovemaking from the best of the best. He hangs around key POV characters. We all want what is best for him.

You know GRRM. You know what that means.

Pod is a loyal, diligent, intelligent, life-saving squire. He lives to serve, and serves well. He dreams of being a knight. We have watched him learn politics, camp craft, fighting and lovemaking from the best of the best. He hangs around key POV characters. We all want what is best for him.

You know GRRM. You know what that means.

He's going to be brutally murdered protecting Jamie.

As you can probably tell I'm kind of pulling for good ole Pod Payne. Hes super loyal he risked his hide for Tyrion and still never talks bad about him. And even serves Brienne the beauty very well even though she was often quite gruff to him in the beginning.

I feel like he was dealt a bad hand he obviously wasn't going to learn how to fight squiring for the imp, and Brienne can never knight him. Now that he might be with the BwB I could see it since they seem to just knight anyone. But what do you guys think? Also any insight about what Briennes word was? I haven't seen a thread on that yet

In another thread, that mystery actually got solved.

It's also in the SSM. And the word is [spoiler]sword[/spoiler].

And I do hope for Pod to get a knighthood.

Most squires become dubbed knight at the age of sixteen.

Do we know how good Pod is with a sword? He certainly has the ideal temperament and characteristics for a knight, but i'm not sure he is ever described as being any good with a sword, and the only registered kill we have of him wasn't exactly fair... That said, Podrick remains an enigma to both characters and readers in many respects, such as Tyrion never knowing why he had been assigned to him (simply believing it was Tywin attempting to piss him off) or his rare flashes of brilliance like when he impressed Tyrion with his knowledge of even the obscure Dornish flags.

In this respect, I feel that until Podrick becomes less of an enigma he may well survive. This would put him in an excellent location to receive a knighthood from Jaime, or indeed any of the Brotherhood (although these would probably not be recognised by the crown). So yes, I feel that Podrick stands a good chance of being knighted, although I would also stress that his importance to the story, in my opinion, will not be combat based.

Honestly I think Pod will show up in the War For The Dawn and play a key role. I have gotten a feeling that won't go away that GRRM sees a bit of himself in Pod. And from what GRRM had said about his childhood, comparing it to Pod's, makes me think he has plot armor as strong Dwarf Fortress Adamantium. (Boatmurdered and Headshoots ftw)

Pods not Dunk Pods Egg, which means he is going to want to be knighted by M'Lady, and she is going to admit she was never knighted, so Jaime will knight her and she will knight Pod.

How in the seven hells could she be knighted? She is a wench!

You all are selling the man short.  King Pod, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men!  All hail!

May as well add Stepfather to Dragons once he lays those irresistible charms on Daeny and whatever moves show-Pod used to get that freebie.

Archived