How certain are we that all of Cersei's children are products of incest?

Well, he's never confirmed it but , and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cersei explains this to Ned when he asks the same thing. She says she... ended things if she found herself possibly pregnant after a while of sleeping with Robert, and never did when she was pregnant by Jaime. She could always have drank that moon tea the morning after with Robert every time. But she is completely confident that they are Jaime's (and I think purposefully Jaime's). 

They're Jaime's children. The problem with the ASOIAF fandom is that they see twists and turns around every corner, rather than just except that something may actually be how it is presented.

Agreed, often it goes much too far.

Is Ned really Ned? How do we know it's not Arthur Dayne in disguise?

We all know the solution to this. Soon George, please!!!

Honestly I believe the pink letter is from Ramsay.

I don't think George wrote a story only to reveal 100+ people as actually being somebody else. 1 or 2 people sure, but the whole cast?

Honestly I believe the pink letter is from Ramsay.

I don't think George wrote a story only to reveal 100+ people as actually being somebody else. 1 or 2 people sure, but the whole cast?

Jaquen is performing the single greatest one man show in history.

Claiming Ned is a FM or that Roose is a vampiric skin-stealer is leagues away from questioning whether all three of Cirsei's children are Jaime's as well... come on guys. There are several reasons one might think Tommen/Myrcella are actually Robert's children. 

1. They are normal unlike their poisoned asshole of a brother. 

2. Cirsei could have timed the pregnancies but this is a Medieval setting... its not going to be perfect. 

3. She wouldn't be able to wait, for say, Robert to leave for a really long time (like a month) because if he came back and she was pregnant people would question if it was Robert's... so clearly she was sleeping with Robert/Jaime separately within the span of days/weeks rather than months. It would be very easy to make a mistake and abort one of Jaime's children or to miss one of Roberts... 

4. Hair color alone is not enough evidence that they are all purely Lannister. GRRM hasn't said how genetics works in his world but we can assume a real-world parallel. Hair color is a trait that can skip generations and resurface in later offspring. 

5. There are good story implications for questioning this... as far as Cersei's prophecy etc. 

I have always wondered how Ned deduced Cersei's kids all belonged to Jaime and that Cersei wasn't simply banging some other blonde dude in the city? After he figured out about the Baratheon super gene, he confronted Cersei in the garden and said "your brother or your lover"? Did we miss something in between these scenes or was Ned just phishing?

Claiming Ned is a FM or that Roose is a vampiric skin-stealer is leagues away from questioning whether all three of Cirsei's children are Jaime's as well... come on guys. There are several reasons one might think Tommen/Myrcella are actually Robert's children. 

1. They are normal unlike their poisoned asshole of a brother. 

2. Cirsei could have timed the pregnancies but this is a Medieval setting... its not going to be perfect. 

3. She wouldn't be able to wait, for say, Robert to leave for a really long time (like a month) because if he came back and she was pregnant people would question if it was Robert's... so clearly she was sleeping with Robert/Jaime separately within the span of days/weeks rather than months. It would be very easy to make a mistake and abort one of Jaime's children or to miss one of Roberts... 

4. Hair color alone is not enough evidence that they are all purely Lannister. GRRM hasn't said how genetics works in his world but we can assume a real-world parallel. Hair color is a trait that can skip generations and resurface in later offspring. 

5. There are good story implications for questioning this... as far as Cersei's prophecy etc. 

Cersei spent more time on Joffrey. It's partly her influence that made Joffrey turn out the way he did. 

Since this is a fantasy book series, you really shouldn't take real-world parallels too seriously. According to in-book evidence, a union between Baratheons and Lannisters ALWAYS results in black haired children. The seed is strong.

Archived