Is Daenerys crazy?

AngeL0L

I think that at the end Of ADwD the author toys with reader a little. She starts hearing people and seeing people who aren't there but that could be due to dehydration and/or whatever is causing her loose bowels.
Also earlier in ADwD Ser Barristan says something along the lines that Targaryens have a 50 percent chance of being crazy but he also said that Dany wasn't crazy otherwise he wouldn't serve her. In truth I don't think we'll definitively know until we see more of her character arc in the next book.

Oh for fucks sake, not this shit again.

The "Stannis likes to burn people, lol." crew has long since been exiled from this place. (Thanks in no small part to HBO for uniting us against them, and D&D), when will the "Daenerys is made crowd" do the same.

I think that at the end Of ADwD the author toys with reader a little. She starts hearing people and seeing people who aren't there but that could be due to dehydration and/or whatever is causing her loose bowels.
Also earlier in ADwD Ser Barristan says something along the lines that Targaryens have a 50 percent chance of being crazy but he also said that Dany wasn't crazy otherwise he wouldn't serve her. In truth I don't think we'll definitively know until we see more of her character arc in the next book.

This number irks me, because it's not even close to being correct. Seven people are named on the "Targaryen madness" page. Maegor and Aerys are the only ones that really fit the bill. Aerion and Aemond were just spectactular assholes. Baelor was befuddled. Rhaegal was mentally handicapped. Viserys was driven to madness. Helaena Targaryen is accused to having also been mad, but people think it's possible watching her son be murdered in front of her may make her a tad depressed. Plus, it's Archmaester Gyldayn who names her as such and his writing tends to paint Targaryen's as unstable and the Baratheon's as paragons of virtue.

Also at this point Cersei had more in common with Aerys II than Dany.

Loathe as I am to mention it, when ADWD and AFFC were one book we were apparently supposed to draw Dany/Cersei paralells. Although it would be more as a "This is what Daenerys could become under the worst circumstances/This is what Cersei could have become if she was a more reasonable individual"

Archived