Fear the Walking Dead: Our hopes and dreams for the Series. (Now Spoiler Friendly).

Alia of the knife

Also, they did say these zombies would be different, more frightening because of their look and agility. Any ideas?

[spoiler]This might just be due to the "freshness" factor of recently animated walkers[/spoiler]

Yep, when you can't actually mention over 75% of the content, it kind of makes it difiicult to have a discussion.

Not really, though.  With tWD show vs comics there is a lot of plot crossover as one is at least loosely based on the other.  With FtWD there wont be that plot crossover, as its an entirely new development*.  So, except for the limited information that we've gleaned about the nature of the walkers and the virus, there shouldn't be that much to spoil.

*apart from rumors of a character cameo/appearance.

What will be hilarious is when the small minority of people start the Walking dead experience with "Fear" as then anyone who's watched the parent show is potentially spoiling the new show. It'll be curious to see how that plays out. I suspect we'll tell them all to watch the parent show and then come back.

Ugh, can you please put the fact that zombies can be killed by destroying their brain in spoilers?  That hasn't been established in the new show yet and I don't want to have it ruined for me.

Ugh, can you please put the fact that zombies can be killed by destroying their brain in spoilers?  That hasn't been established in the new show yet and I don't want to have it ruined for me.

There are zombies in the new show? Dammit, possum!

I don't have a witty reply, but I just wanted to let you know that I chuckled.  

I'd tell you to put your various spoilers in spoiler tags but you know, I couldn't resist clicking anyways.

This became apparent once the comic spoiler thread gained some momentum. It's where I really belong :)

You're almost certainly correct. I think Lori/shane even mentioned visiting him in the hospital so we don't need to worry about Rick being the walking dead-alive.

Hipster Zombies, maybe? I don't think they need to change them to make them more frightening. I reckon they'd be more frightening due to being in an urban environment.

I think it would be a bit "bullshit" of them to try something like "alpha-zombies" where the original ones are more agile/capable of basic thought and that with each bite they become less human. It's hard for that to work in a situation where  [spoiler] everyone is infected and the bite simply kills you [/spoiler]. I guess the alpha zombies could have a separate bacteria/virus in their bite so if you are bitten by them - you become an Alpha zombie, whereas if you simply die - you become basic (yet classic) zombie. That could partly explain why west coast zombies differ from East Coast Zombies as "alphas" have to pass via contact while the basic zombies are airborne.

I actually like that idea, I should use it myself if the show doesn't :)

i just watched "Night of the Living Dead" and somehow, the almost understated make up effects coupled with the black and white, shadowy imagry still keep it creepy  to me. I feel like the  current zombie look is almost too much.

The cemetary scene in "Night" where the goul comes up on Barbara and her brother is creepy because its so misleading. From a distance, he just looks like some old guy shuffling through, and its not until you get close up and too late, that you see something is REALLY wrong with him.

I didn't spoiler tag this post initially... but in the interests of being ultra careful - here's some more discussion of what the producers of the show said in the ign article about the timeline for the first 2 or so seasons...

[spoiler]

On the time line... the article basically said it would be a slow burn and that they wouldn't be looking to fast track in order to catch up to the main show. And they said the first season was 6 episodes and the second is planned to be 13 (I think).

Basically... I could see the first season pretty much covering just the first few days of the outbreak - maybe a week max. So there won't be hordes of zombies everywhere from the start. The first season might cover the subsequent few weeks to few months. So it could finish up somewhere around the same place as season 1 of the main show. What it won't be showing is the zombies having been around for 2-3 years and different societal groups having formed and fallen etc - at least not for the first few seasons.

So no cross-overs with Daryl popping in for an episode to save them from a horde attack or anything.

[/spoiler]

Teaser (had to find a proxy to watch it in the UK, only AMC seem to be so protective of their trailers.) And images from tWD itself.

Edit: you know what helps? When you link things: http://screenrant.com/fear-the-walking-dead-teaser-walking-dead-season-6-zombie-photos/

People, get yourself Hola and don't worry about that stuff. https://hola.org/?utm_source=holaextworks with Firefox and Chrome. Dunno about Explorer/Edge.

I didn't spoiler tag this post initially... but in the interests of being ultra careful - here's some more discussion of what the producers of the show said in the ign article about the timeline for the first 2 or so seasons...

[spoiler]

On the time line... the article basically said it would be a slow burn and that they wouldn't be looking to fast track in order to catch up to the main show. And they said the first season was 6 episodes and the second is planned to be 13 (I think).

Basically... I could see the first season pretty much covering just the first few days of the outbreak - maybe a week max. So there won't be hordes of zombies everywhere from the start. The first season might cover the subsequent few weeks to few months. So it could finish up somewhere around the same place as season 1 of the main show. What it won't be showing is the zombies having been around for 2-3 years and different societal groups having formed and fallen etc - at least not for the first few seasons.

So no cross-overs with Daryl popping in for an episode to save them from a horde attack or anything.

[/spoiler]

Season 1 of TWD was surely in the early days of the outbreak. Rick could only have lived for max a week. So unless the infection took several months to get across to Georgia Fear isn't going to be that far behind the original series.

I'm surprised you're still watching "Fear the Walking Dead". You're always describing how much you hate the trailers and how it's ruining your life and that you curse AMC and Robert Kirkman for making you watch the premier. Hopefully my spoiler will push you over the edge and save your soul from watching it :)

I agree. I think a plague that develops from nature is way scarier in this instance.

TBH, I don't feel the need for an in depth explanation. I'm ok with it being a mystery.

What I'm really interested in is how they show the break down of society and how this particular group deals with it.

Seeing how cities deal will be fun. We've seen the behaviour of urban dwellers during a natural disaster and it can show the best and worst of humanity. I can imagine many will simply want to flee. But there's a lot of mileage to get out of the concept.

Season 1 of TWD was surely in the early days of the outbreak. Rick could only have lived for max a week. So unless the infection took several months to get across to Georgia Fear isn't going to be that far behind the original series.

Looked this up: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

Apparently less than two years has passed. That surprised me. I thought they'd done at least two.

Apparently less than two years has passed. That surprised me. I thought they'd done at least two.

It seems a bit too condensed you'd think more time would need to pass for [spoiler] Governor to have his spirit Quest, farms being set up at the prison etc [/spoiler]. It also suggests that the biggest gap in time was the winter between season 2 and 3. It almost seems amazing they had so much down time in comparison to all the other shit they've dealt with. Hunger must be a respite.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just doing a re-do of S2 before Gimple, and WOW, it was bad.

I have a new appreciation of the actors and how they tried ot make that work. The whole thing around that kid from the bad group, bringing him in, and then letting him go when they could have just left him pinned to that fence to start with was just confusing.

I think there is no doubt that current Rick would not think twice about shooting him AND Shane for that matter.

Well, Carl sure has aged a lot in 547 days.  He was either a very young looking 14 in Season 1, or a very old looking 12 year old now....

It's a race for who's the faster aging kid - Carl or Bran.

Okay, just doing a re-do of S2 before Gimple, and WOW, it was bad.

I have a new appreciation of the actors and how they tried ot make that work. The whole thing around that kid from the bad group, bringing him in, and then letting him go when they could have just left him pinned to that fence to start with was just confusing.

I think there is no doubt that current Rick would not think twice about shooting him AND Shane for that matter.

The bar scene in Nebraska is still one of my absolute favorite scenes the show has done to date though.

Archived