Tyrion is a Targ...Argh...

pigpiginsunspear

I don't mean to offend any one by this...but I think the Tyrion=Targ is a silly, silly, theory.  I think it's wishful thinking because people love the character, which I understand (he's great).

Am I in the minority here?  Is this an accepted theory?

Am I missing something? Is there any evidence to support this?

(The Mad King taking liberties is not evidence nor the fact that he visited etc...I mean evidence enough to remove tin foil).

I have to say, even if this turns out to be true, it would be SO cheesy.  The whole theory is awkward.

We need three heads of the Dragon... Dany+Jon, who else? Tyrion or (f)Aegon. Make a choice.

Tyrion and fAegon are not equal candidates to be Targs/dragonriders! There is some evidence that fAegon has at least Blackfyre blood.

Folks with Baratheon blood have some Targ blood in them...there is a better argument that Shireen or Stannis can be a dragon rider.

She really really didn't seem like one I've not read it a while but I thought the point of nettles was to show that you don't need targ blood to dragon.

It would be impossible to establish if she had Targ blood. But the book makes a point to explain what Dragonseeds were (essentially bastards of Targs over the years).   It's not definite, but she likely had Targ blood.

I doubt it and I doubt it

Based on what??  It's pretty explicity stated that during the Dance of Dragons there was a search for Dragonseeds, because only those with Targ blood can dragon riders.  Is this 100%? No. But there is no evidence to the contrary.

In either case...this is not evidence that Tyrion is a secret Targ.

Based on what??  It's pretty explicity stated that during the Dance of Dragons there was a search for Dragonseeds, because only those with Targ blood can dragon riders.  Is this 100%? No. But there is no evidence to the contrary.

In either case...this is not evidence that Tyrion is a secret Targ.

Honestly I can't remember why I doubt she's a dragonseed I just remember calling bs when I read the story.

There is every reason to believe that nearly all the peasants on Dragonstone had a hint of Targaryen blood. You'd be surprised at how quickly people share genes.

There is absolutely no indication that non-Valyrians can ride dragons. Please find me one.

Well what do you count as targ blood? I mean we are all related to charlemagne.

Well what do you count as targ blood? I mean we are all related to charlemagne.

Let's not get into an argument about genetics.  It is generally accepted, that you need Valyrian blood to be a dragonrider.  It may be false, but it's what has been accepted so far.

Back on topic, as I'm curious to hear from Tyrion=Targ supporters...

Archived