Ned and Tower of Joy

KINGpanther

They could use a body/stunt double to do the fighting.

I agree they could - but I would caution that just about everyone and their brother agreed the Cersei "SHAME!" scene was so obviously terribly CGI'd with her pixilated, shifting face superimposed onto a body who in my opinion had nothing even similar in shape/size to Cersei..... so having that experience behind them, I can't see them making a similar mistake.  But I am just a genius with a keyboard at home, no real information or experience in these matters so I obviously can't say what they will and won't do etc.

(c'mon the genius with the keyboard thing was a little bit funny  :cool4: )

I think Sean would absolutely be on board, he was talking about it as recently as May. I'm sure they could make the fight scene work. After all according to the book Dayne would have killed him except for Howland Reed so its not like the fight scene would be like Brad Pitt and Eric Bana from Troy. Bean did fine in the LOTR movie and even though thats about 15 years ago I think he could still get pretty close to that.

I agree I wasn't doubting Sean Bean's commitment etc just pointing out the fact it would be some serious - i hate to use the same word here - commitment.  We all agree it's an epic part of an even more epic story and would be an epic addition to what has to be an epicly epic scene... so he would need to be on his game, and that means a lot of physical (and probably sword) training.  Alot depends on who Arthur Dayne (and Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent, for that matter) gets casted as... Is it a real life sword intercontinental champion, or popular actor with athletic tendencies etc?  Is he actually going to be shooting with someone that is a real, true expert with the sword (and therefore needs tons of training to keep up and make it look real) or just a scene of actors requiring some good (albeit intense) choreography.

Anyway don't get me wrong I am more psyched for this than most anything other than the actual next book release.  I just am desperately wanting it to be done right.  I lost a ton of faith in D&D/the other bosses when they (in my humble opinion) butchered the whole show w/ the last season.  So I don't want to see them adding their own bullstuff to a scene not totally known about (I mean they killed Ser Barristan and burned Princess Shireen.  And they keep saying jon snow is dead.  that stuff just ain't cool, man!).  

And whoever is Howland Reed obviously is super important, but that goes without saying.

/me climbs down from soap box. 

I agree they could - but I would caution that just about everyone and their brother agreed the Cersei "SHAME!" scene was so obviously terribly CGI'd with her pixilated, shifting face superimposed onto a body who in my opinion had nothing even similar in shape/size to Cersei..... so having that experience behind them, I can't see them making a similar mistake.  But I am just a genius with a keyboard at home, no real information or experience in these matters so I obviously can't say what they will and won't do etc.

I think with clothes on it's easier to use body doubles. They use stunt doubles all the time in action movies. With Cersei they really filmed a lot of close-ups and it was a very long walk.

Its a bit different though, age is the factor for a stunt double for Bean whereas the double for Headey was because of a no nudity clause.

I actually wasn't worried about the double for Headey, I liked the walk of shame scene. The only gripe I had was Cersei was supposed to have an ageing body but the stunt double looked like a supermodel.

(c'mon the genius with the keyboard thing was a little bit funny  :cool4: )

I agree I wasn't doubting Sean Bean's commitment etc just pointing out the fact it would be some serious - i hate to use the same word here - commitment.  We all agree it's an epic part of an even more epic story and would be an epic addition to what has to be an epicly epic scene... so he would need to be on his game, and that means a lot of physical (and probably sword) training.  Alot depends on who Arthur Dayne (and Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent, for that matter) gets casted as... Is it a real life sword intercontinental champion, or popular actor with athletic tendencies etc?  Is he actually going to be shooting with someone that is a real, true expert with the sword (and therefore needs tons of training to keep up and make it look real) or just a scene of actors requiring some good (albeit intense) choreography.

I'm not sure if you have seen it but in the King Arthur movie Stellan Skarsgård has a fight scene with Clive Owens Arthur at the end of the movie that I though was done pretty well. Skarsgård was 53 at the time and has said he was not in shape. So i honestly think Bean could do fine.

I don't think Sean will do it. He only signed on because it was for 1 season and couldn't be bothered to try another accent which is why Jon and Rob had to show they could do Yorkshire/ish accents.

he has given multiple interviews practically campaigning to do it. If they ask he is in.

Not sure if anyone here watched Ant Man, but they did a pretty good job of making Michael Douglass younger for some scenes, so the tech is available.

As for the walk of shame, I think it was done well enough. They could have shortened it and maybe showed more of Lena, seeing her in a flesh suit through the crowd. But, yeah, Cersei is supposed to have had 3 kids and that body looked a little too good, not that I mind!

I think that they could easily do some CGI to make Sean look younger and just do a body double. If they do decide to cast a younger actor though, I think Travis Fimmel would be a great choice. I mean, look at [url=http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/07/cc/a6/07cca6ff9cfc63e4b114db03e32644fe.jpg]that[/url].

I'm still nervous about what is or isn't a spoiler so I'll just say Watchers has the goods on an important piece of this puzzle.
I am totes excited!

[spoiler] Tower of Joy location confirmed and more info on casting of Dayne http://watchersonthewall.com/the-tower-of-joy-confirmed-and-more-new-details-about-a-key-role-involved/ [/spoiler]

I'm still nervous about what is or isn't a spoiler so I'll just say Watchers has the goods on an important piece of this puzzle.
I am totes excited!

[spoiler] Tower of Joy location confirmed and more info on casting of Dayne http://watchersonthewall.com/the-tower-of-joy-confirmed-and-more-new-details-about-a-key-role-involved/ [/spoiler]

That's awesome!

I am totes excited!

Heavy breathing

I suspect it'll be a one-on-one on the TV show, with Ned getting a lucky win. I suspect we'll never even get Howland, which will upset some people no-end.

From a cost perspective alone that number of actors, for what I expect will be a fairly short sequence, is way too prohibitive.

Archived