How is it even possible for the larger guys to stay large in Asoiaf

Felguy

Sam before, I get it, he gorged on sweets at home his father was interested in Dickon for a time so left Sam alone. They are highborn, enough food.

But, shouldn't Sam have lost a considerable amount of weight since joing the NW? I mean, I assume he gets just as much food as the rest of the Brothers?

Only in his seafaring to Oldtown is it mentioned he slimmed down a little. Didn't he make a dangerous journey to the Wall with Gilly too? It's not like they had buffet every place they stopped.

Then there is Hot Pie. How did he get fat/plump in the first place as an orphan? :P in King's Landing no less. I mean NOW I get why he could be, being the one who makes bread at an inn, but before? (or am I missing something?)

sam has lost a decent amount of weight but is still considered fat by westeros standards. its all relative. if you have a friend that weighed 400 pounds and lost 100, hed look a lot thinner to you even though theyre still heavy. to a complete stranger they still think that guy is 300 pounds and fat. such is sams case.

sam has lost a decent amount of weight but is still considered fat by westeros standards. its all relative. if you have a friend that weighed 400 pounds and lost 100, hed look a lot thinner to you even though theyre still heavy. to a complete stranger they still think that guy is 300 pounds and fat. such is sams case.

But when same came to the Wall he was 280 pounds :D (by Jon's estimation of 20 stone)

So not sure....He should be at least 240 now or so.

Sam doesn't move around a lot. Some people - and I am talking out of expirience - have a harder time on losing weight. He should have lost a bit on his way from Crasters to the wall, but it is also said, that they eat a lot of greasy stuff, which someone who works out needs. But Sam doesn't work out. He loses a bit, but it goes slow. And 240 pounds is still a lot :)

i just threw those numbers out there for comparison. not sure exactly what sam weighs but he is still considered fat even though hes lost weight. hes just not considered really fat now lol. so say he is 240, thats still pretty damn big considering the time/culture setting of asoiaf. 

Sam doesn't move around a lot. Some people - and I am talking out of expirience - have a harder time on losing weight. He should have lost a bit on his way from Crasters to the wall, but it is also said, that they eat a lot of greasy stuff, which someone who works out needs. But Sam doesn't work out. He loses a bit, but it goes slow. And 240 pounds is still a lot :)

I guess, 230 myself :P it certainly is a body in which you can live normally and do everything normally. 300 pound is where it starts to get rough I suppose.

i just threw those numbers out there for comparison. not sure exactly what sam weighs but he is still considered fat even though hes lost weight. hes just not considered really fat now lol. so say he is 240, thats still pretty damn big considering the time/culture setting of asoiaf. 

Yeah, guess 240 was pretty damn large for middle ages.

Sam before, I get it, he gorged on sweets at home his father was interested in Dickon for a time so left Sam alone. They are highborn, enough food.

But, shouldn't Sam have lost a considerable amount of weight since joing the NW? I mean, I assume he gets just as much food as the rest of the Brothers?

Only in his seafaring to Oldtown is it mentioned he slimmed down a little. Didn't he make a dangerous journey to the Wall with Gilly too? It's not like they had buffet every place they stopped.

Then there is Hot Pie. How did he get fat/plump in the first place as an orphan? :P in King's Landing no less. I mean NOW I get why he could be, being the one who makes bread at an inn, but before? (or am I missing something?)

Because Big Guys, are very efficient.  Wait till winter comes and food becomes scarce.  You'll see who gets to laugh last. 

It's all about the Bass.

Archived