Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

The previous R&R was getting too long, so we'll continue here.

Quoting Ran:

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

No fair, I had post all ready for the other thread, and BAM!!  It was locked.  Oh well, we'll have to see how long it'd take me to retype with a cast on my prominent hand!!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Suffice it to say, it was about casting rumors on Young Rhaegar, Lyanna, Bad Pussy........and the fact that THIS Procurer hasn't been consulted, nor paid a fee.  Hemmm  Hemmmm  

Hemsworth is not pretty enough.

WHAT UR SAYING?! I SEE HIM AND I CRY BECUASE HE CANNO TBE MINE!!! HE ALSO SINGS HAVE YOU SEE HIM ISNG WHEN HE SINGS WOMEN AND JON CONNINGTON WANT TO CRY TO

</totally Cersei mode on>

Yeah, so far the only woman on the show who is strong and allowed to enjoy sex who isn't portrayed as whorish, is Dany.

Dunno, she has been portrayed a bit predatory. Not as "I want sex because I like Daario" but "I want Daario to sex me because I will break the wheel".

That woman needs a career change. Seriously.

Yeah, so far the only woman on the show who is strong and allowed to enjoy sex who isn't portrayed as whorish, is Dany. Carol has been desexed. Marg is a whore. The whores are whores. Everyone else is a victim. That makes the odds of them getting anything right about Lyanna slim to none.

I guess they did an okay job w/Ygritte. So, that's 2. In 5 years.

Hmm. Sorta. Dany now acts prudish around Daario, and Ygritte... Well, she was better than most but I hated some of her scenes after Jon leaves, and I remember hating her death scene, although I can't recall why now - I can't remember the scene, only that I hated it. :dunno:

I could see Charlie Hunnam as Rhaegar, here he is as King Arthur:
http://www.ew.com/gallery/knights-roundtable-king-arthur-charlie-hunnam-portrait-gallery

:agree:

Wasn't happy with the idea of Hemsworth as Rhaegar... I think it's because I don't find him attractive, like, at all. Hunnam on the other hand... :)

I could see Charlie Hunnam as Rhaegar, here he is as King Arthur: http://www.ew.com/gallery/knights-roundtable-king-arthur-charlie-hunnam-portrait-gallery 

For some reason, I can't for the life of me imagine Rhaegar with a beard.

Yeah, so far the only woman on the show who is strong and allowed to enjoy sex who isn't portrayed as whorish, is Dany. Carol has been desexed.  Marg is a whore.  The whores are whores.

The problem is the whores NOT being whores. I mean, the whole Podrick thing. Yeah, sure...

EDIT: I messed up who said the last quote and when, don't mind me.

Yes, Dany has gotten quite prudish, covering her breasts after sex, every single time.  This is silly.  If she doesn't want to show her breasts, then put her in a fucking robe and have them hanging out in the bedroom. Her supposed to be naked but never shows her breasts after sex to her lover is annoying.

And yes, the 'take off your clothes ima treat you like an object' was also silly, but they rebounded fairly well from that and the Daario convos are pretty good and show real affection between the two, like in an actual relationship.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the no nudity thing is because of Emilia Clarke saying so.

WHAT UR SAYING?! I SEE HIM AND I CRY BECUASE HE CANNO TBE MINE!!! HE ALSO SINGS HAVE YOU SEE HIM ISNG WHEN HE SINGS WOMEN AND JON CONNINGTON WANT TO CRY TO

Dunno, she has been portrayed a bit predatory. Not as "I want sex because I like Daario" but "I want Daario to sex me because I will break the wheel".

Not that the idea of JonCon crying over Hemsworth isn't completely hilarious, but...

Thanks for the new thread kissdbyfire and HelenaExMachina...

And yes, the 'take off your clothes ima treat you like an object' was also silly, but they rebounded fairly well from that and the Daario convos are pretty good and show real affection between the two, like in an actual relationship.

I liked their scenes but it bugged me that they didn't kiss until the last one. A kiss is such a romantic thing, why leave it out. Dany dreamed of kissing him. Sansa dreamed of kissing Sandor, but what she wants never mattered. (GRRM reused stuff for those two, filed under Westerosi Teenager Dreaming Of Love.)

That's what worries me about Lyanna. They will never show her watching Rhaegar all dreamy while he sings his sad songs. And it's super easy to show, with close ups, everyone knows that look, we've all been there. But instead it will be about Robert and Rhaegar fighting over her. What they want.

Cersei mode! :lol:

(maybe don't read the comment below, I tried to be gentle...)

Wasn't happy with the idea of Hemsworth as Rhaegar... I think it's because I don't find him attractive, like, at all. Hunnam on the other hand... :)

Yeah, Hunnam has that quality Rhaegar needs, he's got to have hidden depths. :leer:

Thanks for the new thread kissdbyfire and HelenaExMachina...

I liked their scenes but it bugged me that they didn't kiss until the last one. A kiss is such a romantic thing, why leave it out. Dany dreamed of kissing him. Sansa dreamed of kissing Sandor, but what she wants never mattered. (GRRM reused stuff for those two, filed under Westerosi Teenager Dreaming Of Love.)
That's what worries me about Lyanna. They will never show her watching Rhaegar all dreamy while he sings his sad songs. And it's super easy to show, with close ups, everyone knows that look, we've all been there. But instead it will be about Robert and Rhaegar fighting over her. What they want.

I think there's no way in seven hells they'll get Lyanna right. After all, there are two major aspects to the character that are both completely beyond their grasp and comprehension: there's the romantic aspect, and the badass aspect. Both are things that we know they can't portray right. So instead we'll get Bad Pussy in Distress, that's what they'll do. :ack:

I think there's no way in seven hells they'll get Lyanna right. After all, there are two major aspects to the character that are both completely beyond their grasp and comprehension: there's the romantic aspect, and the badass aspect. Both are things that we know they can't portray right. So instead we'll get Bad Pussy in Distress, that's what they'll do. :ack:

Homewrecker, do not forget that aspect. Rheagar was happy with Elia and it was Lyanna that stole him. I am sure that angle will be thrown out there too.

And that reminds me, Brienne had dreams of love, too. You can swing a sword and have tender feelings, too. But they didn't show it, because she had to be all about Renly so she could kill Stannis.

They change big things these characters are feeling to suit these stupid changes. Character motivation. And the result is, who the hell are they? Why would they do the things they do? Who knows.

Here she has it right, she keeps replacing Renly with Jaime (and there's the double meaning of the cloak, that's also about marriage in Westeros):

She went to sleep dreaming of the fight they'd had, and of Ser Jaime fastening a rainbow cloak about her shoulders.

And that reminds me, Brienne had dreams of love, too. You can swing a sword and have tender feelings, too. But they didn't show it, because she had to be all about Renly so she could kill Stannis.

They change big things these characters are feeling to suit these stupid changes. Character motivation. And the result is, who the hell are they? Why would they do the things they do? Who knows.

Here she has it right, she keeps replacing Renly with Jaime (and there's the double meaning of the cloak, that's also about marriage in Westeros):

D&D do not understand the soul of the characters that GRRM has given us. They cannot get past the outward appearances and their own desire to make the story their own rather than present the story as it rally is.

Homewrecker, do not forget that aspect. Rheagar was happy with Elia and it was Lyanna that stole him. I am sure that angle will be thrown out there too.

Hmm... When I say there are two aspects to Lyanna's character, I meant book!Lyanna. As to the Ds portraying her as a homewrecker, I don't really think they will. Their story is about good v evil, and Lyanna being Jon Snow's mum won't fall into the 'evil' slot, I think. That said, with these guys anything is possible.
The only thing I'm fairly certain of is it won't be pretty.

Hmm... When I say there are two aspects to Lyanna's character, I meant book!Lyanna. As to the Ds portraying her as a homewrecker, I don't really think they will. Their story is about good v evil, and Lyanna being Jon Snow's mum won't fall into the 'evil' slot, I think. That said, with these guys anything is possible.
The only thing I'm fairly certain of is it won't be pretty.

Yeah. still though, I wonder what REALLY happened and how it came about?I still think someone who wanted to cause trouble, may have intercepted a raven that might have had the potential to defuse the situation. A raven from Rheagar or lyanna to her family perhaps? I have heard rumors that Littlefinger somehow, when at Riverrun, where Brandon left to go to confront Rheagar may have been involved. It seems like a situation that should not have turned into the war that it did but was messed with and then the sparks turned into an inferno.

Archived