Fave moment in AFFC?

Lord Potsmoke

Right then, after MONTHS of reading piece by piece whilst i am "working" behind my desk, i have finished Feast.

IMO it was my least fave so far, but by no means was it bad.

I'm curious what were some of peoples favorite parts of this book, I.E Lines? Scenes? Twists? Character development, Etc Etc.

I'd say the way we see Jamie in a different light is great, just great and how he doesnt help Cersei, about throwing the letter for help in the fire, that was one of my faves. I think the part that takes the cake for me though was when Brienne was fighting Biter.

"Biter threw back his head and opened his mouth again, howling, and stuck his tongue out at her. It was sharply pointed, dripping blood, longer than any tongue should be. Sliding from his mouth, out and out and out, red and wet and glistening, it made a hideous sight, obscene. His tongue is a foot long, Brienne thought, just before the darkness took her. Why, it looks almost like a sword."

That is just fantastic. As soon as i read sharply pointed dripping blood i was like "woiiiiiiiiiiii! man just got fucked up BUP BUP BUP!!!!!"  I mean "That was really a excellent piece of writing, very good" LOL

I also really like Victarion fight scenes, his fist dripping blood and like not being scared to down in heavy armour. Guys a bad ass.

Thoughts?

P.s I love this forum, I've seen some truley fanstatic work here, theories, debunks, constructive feedback, good and bad. Plus the best thing, no one argues like to the point where its abusive, even if opinions differ i have never seen anyone insult anyone else or like threats or anything. So it shows you have a good community on here, like minded, sensibile people which is a breath of fresh air let me tell you. I say YOU because i am still fairly new here. :dunce:

Cheers :cheers:

I loved it when Cersei's plans started blowing up in her face completely, in the chapter where she gets captured by the High Sparrow. That was incredibly satisfying. I also really liked Meribald's war stories. Other than that, I don't even remember that much about the book.

Tbf i can see why, it may be the most forgettable one, it repeats alot. Still it was good to see Cersei's house of cards crash down.

AFFC is my favorite out of the 5 books so far.

The Biter/Brienne fight is my fave,

followed by Cersei helping to torture the Blue Bard,

followed by "Throw this in the fire."

Oh yeah the blood filling the Blue Bards boots!

Cersei's downfall was the first time I thought "Wow, something's finally happening!" so I loved that!

I think I rushed AFFC though cause I wanted to get through the books as quick as possible. I will definitely re-read the whole series at some point and I am convinced that I will dig it more the next time!!

I think I rushed AFFC though cause I wanted to get through the books as quick as possible. I will definitely re-read the whole series at some point and I am convinced that I will dig it more the next time!!

:agree:

Its interesting how its some peoples fave book and others like it the least. Once ive read ADWD i think i will start again, maybe read AWOIAF too.

"Finish it. Send me back to Dorne, you bloody bitch." - Timeon.

I know a lot of people regard Brienne's chapters as long and dull, but there were some awesome moments in there. Her fight against Shagwell, Timeon and Pyg, as well as against Rorge and Biter were some of the most heart-pumping scenes in the book. It really displayed Brienne's skill as a swordsman.

The introduction of Euron as well. Within the first few pages of his introduction, he already had one of the best speeches in the book (only rivaled by Septon Meribald's speech about broken men).

Anything to do with Victarion as well. Such an awesome character.

Samwell Tarly's final chapter may have been one of the most mysterious, with the glass candles, Marwyn, Alleras, and "Pate". I can't wait to see the future of his chapters, and see where it takes us.

Jaime's transformation throughout the book was also a sight to behold, as well as Cersei's downfall. Oddly enough, Cersei actually became more likable (to me, anyway) after we got a POV of her, and I thought other people would feel the same. But, when I joined the forums, that obviously wasn't the case. I may be one of the only readers who actually like Cersei, which is odd, considering that my favourite character is Tyrion, and they are supposed to be enemies.

A Feast for Crows gets way too much hate. Admittedly, I think the geographical split dulled the books quite a bit, but I wouldn't presume to tell GRRM how to write his own novels. If he thought it was the only way, then it most likely was. Seeing the lives of the new regions (Iron Islands, Dorne) was great, and witnessing the lives of the smallfolk through the eyes of Brienne was also brilliant, as we haven't seen the effects of war on the smallfolk since Arya's POV in ACoK.

I liked:
Littlefinger explaining his true plan to Alayne/Sansa.
Cat of the Canals and Arya's difficulties with letting go. Trying to rid of Needle was difficult to read.
Sam sailing to Oldtown.
Victorian (sp)
Doran and Arianne Martell.
Jaime and Illyn, saw Payne in a different light in this one.

I didn't like Aemon's death but I saw it coming.

I'm curious what were some of peoples favorite parts of this book, I.E Lines? Scenes? Twists? Character development, Etc Etc.

"Biter threw back his head and opened his mouth again, howling, and stuck his tongue out at her. It was sharply pointed, dripping blood, longer than any tongue should be. Sliding from his mouth, out and out and out, red and wet and glistening, it made a hideous sight, obscene. His tongue is a foot long, Brienne thought, just before the darkness took her. Why, it looks almost like a sword."

I also really like Victarion fight scenes, his fist dripping blood and like not being scared to down in heavy armour. Guys a bad ass.

Thoughts?

P.s I love this forum, I've seen some truley fanstatic work here, theories, debunks, constructive feedback, good and bad. Plus the best thing, no one argues like to the point where its abusive, even if opinions differ i have never seen anyone insult anyone else or like threats or anything. So it shows you have a good community on here, like minded, sensibile people which is a breath of fresh air let me tell you. I say YOU because i am still fairly new here. :dunce:

Cheers :cheers:

Best name ever! Other than Syrio Forel, of course...

That Brienne/Biter scene is the only time in the series where I cheated. Brienne isn't even my favorite character, but the way it went down had me look to see if she had more chapters or not. I was like, "BRIENNE CAN'T DIE LIKE THAT! NO WAY!!!" Almost did the same when Tyrion "drowned".

Vic is a bad ass. I actually like him, as well.

Welcome to the forums. I've seen ppl get ugly in here, but it's far and few. I like to jump in the middle and tell them, "what do we tell trolls in the forums?? Not today..."

Archived