TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

Nobody shared their summer story yet. It's in the thread theme. :(

Well, here goes mine.

In June I had the last of my exams, some chill time, and I started working in a new job. Technically in my first real job. In July I worked for the most part, had a few meet ups with some friends, and helped one of them with a creative project. The friend majors in literature and creative writing, we took some photos to illustrate a story and I edited them. Then I had a tonsillectomy and have been recovering from that ever since. I'm kinda alright by now, though my energy level is still pretty low due to stress and weight loss and my stomach didn't thank me for all the painkillers I ate either. I'll be going on short vacation before I go back to work. The autumn semester doesn't start till mid September, but I don't have any other plans for the rest of the summer.
The end.

Headaches are the bane of my existence too. One touch of nature makes the whole world kin

Take care of yourself. Winds of Winter could be coming any day   month year now , you need to be fit ! :)

I am actually scheduled for a procedure and surgery to repair the problem in the next couple of months.  Other than that my health is surprisingly good for a 45 year old.  (but I am still 14 at heart!  :devil: )  

Nobody shared their summer story yet. It's in the thread theme. :(

Well, here goes mine.

In June I had the last of my exams, some chill time, and I started working in a new job. Technically in my first real job. In July I worked for the most part, had a few meet ups with some friends, and helped one of them with a creative project. The friend majors in literature and creative writing, we took some photos to illustrate a story and I edited them. Then I had a tonsillectomy and have been recovering from that ever since. I'm kinda alright by now, though my energy level is still pretty low due to stress and weight loss and my stomach didn't thank me for all the painkillers I ate either. I'll be going on short vacation before I go back to work. The autumn semester doesn't start till mid September, but I don't have any other plans for the rest of the summer.
The end.

Sounds like a decent summer (minus the tonsillectomy)   You make me long for school again.

Sounds like a decent summer (minus the tonsillectomy)   You make me long for school again.

Sorry to hear that you've been to hospital too. Hope they sort out the problem and soon.
:cheers:
Yeah, it was a pretty decent summer. I could do with more decent weather but other than that no complaints. ehhh, well I guess I too will reach a point in my life when I'll look back on uni years with a smile.

Oh for crying out oud. Not again. We had like the slowest thread in ages this past month, and I was this close to at least participating in the race. When will I win? :bawl: :bawl: :crying: :crying:

Anyhow, greetings spammers, good evening to you. Bex winning is never a bad thing, so many congratulations my lady :pimp:

How do you think I feel? My post awoke the slumbering Bex and brought us to that-which-must-not-be-named...while I was walking the dog :crying: Boo for me.

My summer story?

Reading

Walking the dog

Spain

Reading

Reading

More dog walking

More reading

Aberdeen

More reading

Even more reading

Even more reading

More dog walking

A bit more reading.

Wild child here.

Take care BormonReborn, take care. Hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

Nobody shared their summer story yet. It's in the thread theme.

Well, here goes mine.

The end.

Get well soon Rhae. You had a pretty normal summer. Which is good. Btw, I just found out you got your first job. Many many congratulations :grouphug:  What is it? The thrill of the first job is pretty good, huh? You finally feel all grown up and independent. That happened to me atleast. :)

How do you think I feel? My post awoke the slumbering Bex and brought us to that-which-must-not-be-named...while I was walking the dog Boo for me.

My summer story?

Reading

Walking the dog

Spain

Reading

Reading

More dog walking

More reading

Aberdeen

More reading

Even more reading

Even more reading

More dog walking

A bit more reading.

Wild child here.

I feel for ya. One of these days I'll win the race, you just watch. :lol:  And I like your summer too.

My summer:

Job

Reading

Friends

One friend leaves the city :crying:

One friend now doing MBA, no longer as available  :crying: :crying:

One friend left the country to do Masters :crying: :crying: :crying:

Steam summer sale (damn you)

Rain

More rain

Humid and hot sticky weather

Broken AC, very very bad night

AC working again, tears of joy

Reading

Steam summer sale...

/end

I wish I could lie down.  

<whining>

I was actually in the hospital most of last week.  I am on all kinds of pain killers, but there are things at work that only I can do, and they are federally mandated that they get done.  So I am at work. 

This getting old shit blows!!!!

</whining> 

You may now resume your regularly scheduled spam

Welcome to the club of getting old and feeling it. 'Tis shitty.

And hello to you, I think we never met? If you're new to the Spam, welcome! If not, welcome back :cheers:

Oh for crying out oud. Not again. We had like the slowest thread in ages this past month, and I was this close to at least participating in the race. When will I win?

Anyhow, greetings spammers, good evening to you. Bex winning is never a bad thing, so many congratulations my lady

A k! You're back, you were missed! :)

Headaches are the bane of my existence too. One touch of nature makes the whole world kin

Take care of yourself. Winds of Winter could be coming any day   month year now , you need to be fit !

Headache is the devil. It is known. I'd say welcome to that club too, but .... nobody actually wants to join, Everyone wants to get out :lol:

Summerstory.. uhm... so ... yeah. Since we're moved to this place, it still feels like vacation. Sometimes I catch myself sitting at the kitchen window, having first morning coffee and thinking - is this really happening?

massive emoticon slaughter was demanded by evil masters of the forums.

Welcome to the club of getting old and feeling it. 'Tis shitty.

And hello to you, I think we never met? If you're new to the Spam, welcome! If not, welcome back :cheers:

hi Adara!   :cheers: 

I am an old school spammer returning to the Spamming ranks after many years :)

Take care BormonReborn, take care. Hope you feel better soon.

Get well soon Rhae. You had a pretty normal summer. Which is good. Btw, I just found out you got your first job. Many many congratulations :grouphug:  What is it? The thrill of the first job is pretty good, huh? You finally feel all grown up and independent. That happened to me atleast. :)

I feel for ya. One of these days I'll win the race, you just watch. :lol:  And I like your summer too.

My summer:

Job
Reading
Friends
One friend leaves the city
One friend now doing MBA, no longer as available 
One friend left the country to do Masters
Steam summer sale (damn you)
Rain
More rain
Humid and hot sticky weather
Broken AC, very very bad night
AC working again, tears of joy
Reading
Steam summer sale...
/end

Thanks. :) Honestly, not really. I mean the first job happiness hit me a couple times and I did get some I'm-so-grown-up vibes but the reality is that this job alone isn't enough to afford myself. Admittedly, I'm quite reluctant to lower my living standard to this pay. The reason why I took it is because I need some substantial work experience for when I graduate and get a full time job and become financially independent (this is part time because I have school from September). it also helps to wean myself back onto a normal daily routine and learn some financial responsibility.
It also comes with lots of musing about how absolutely horrible my country's economy is on every level, but I will spare the details so I won't bore you to death :lol:
Sorry about the friends who left. You can still keep in touch though and they get to have many great experiences abroad and at MBA :)

Ten PM here...I have a swing shift tomorrow (11AM-11PM).  I just got back from grocery shopping and the co-op pick up.  I scored 2 packs of baby back ribs, some gorgeous bone-in pork chops, a dozen free-range eggs, a sirloin steak, a New York strip, chicken wings and flash-frozen hand-made stuffed clams out of Jekyll Island, GA.  From the grocery store, I bought some large pasta shells to stuff, spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese and italian four-cheese blend to make some quick, take to work meals.  I also found some fabulous seed and rye bread out of Germany.

Rhae...anything that shows you are working and able to be self-sufficient is always a winner.  It takes time to climb that big mountain of LIFE!  I'm glad that you are feeling better :grouphug:

Bormon...getting old sucks!  Take the time to get better so you can return to work as soon as possible.  Yoga helps.

King in Black...we :love: you too!

Sorry Helena...we tried to go slow.  That was one long walk!  :)

AK...  :kiss:  :kiss:  :kiss:

Adara, I'm glad that you are enjoying the new apartment!  I just resigned my lease even though the complex decided to bring all the apartments up to market price.  My rent goes up $109 on September 1  :tantrum:  Oh well, still cheaper than moving.  The new goal is to start saving to buy something.

Bro...I missed you  :grouphug:

Ten PM here...I have a swing shift tomorrow (11AM-11PM).  I just got back from grocery shopping and the co-op pick up.  I scored 2 packs of baby back ribs, some gorgeous bone-in pork chops, a dozen free-range eggs, a sirloin steak, a New York strip, chicken wings and flash-frozen hand-made stuffed clams out of Jekyll Island, GA.  From the grocery store, I bought some large pasta shells to stuff, spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese and italian four-cheese blend to make some quick, take to work meals.  I also found some fabulous seed and rye bread out of Germany.

Rhae...anything that shows you are working and able to be self-sufficient is always a winner.  It takes time to climb that big mountain of LIFE!  I'm glad that you are feeling better :grouphug:

I can feel my mouth watering. Foooooooooood *.* that shopping sounds heavenly.

Yeah, I'm trying :) thanks :)

And Bex, omg, you have power, thank you! The universe has returned my Return of the Jedi Blu-ray Disc. could you please ask the universe to return the 5+ pounds I lost over the past two weeks too? :lol:

Meh...I called in sick.  I just have to survive this weekend with my toxic night shift coworkers and then I am on vacation.  Then I can learn to live like a normal human being again even if I have to deal with 'day' people.

Funny how another year older can change your mind.  This time last year, I couldn't wait to get back to night shift.  I thought that I had hardened myself to those toxic people, but I was wrong.  They stayed toxic and came 'cTlHoIsSe' to breaking me.  Screw them...I am 15-20 years away from retirement and I can absorb the loss of several hundred dollars a month with planning.  The money isn't worth my sanity or the lost time with my folks.

Its a beautiful day TTTNE!    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o

Archived