Cedric Dayne (Targaryen?)

Daeren Waters

Possible SPOILER for middle of the book!!*******

Cedric Dayne is described as having dark blue, purpleish, colored eyes. Since the Targaryens have purple eyes, could Edric somehow be related to the Targaryens? Just curious. I'm a little more than halfway through my first reading of ASoS.

Possible SPOILER for middle of the book!!*******

Cedric Dayne is described as having dark blue, purpleish, colored eyes. Since the Targaryens have purple eyes, could Edric somehow be related to the Targaryens? Just curious. I'm a little more than halfway through my first reading of ASoS.

Very likely not. You see, Targaryens are not the only humans on Westeros with Valyrian features. Ashara also had purple eyes.

I don't know if it will come to be a plot point, but as far as we know, Daynes could have married a Lysene noblewoman and kept the Valyrian features.

By the way, he also has platinum hair (according to Arya, his hair is closer to ash than honey).

Very likely not. You see, Targaryens are not the only humans on Westeros with Valyrian features. Ashara also had purple eyes.

I don't know if it will come to be a plot point, but as far as we know, Daynes could have married a Lysene noblewoman and kept the Valyrian features.

By the way, he also has platinum hair (according to Arya, his hair is closer to ash than honey).

Also the wrong age, he's twelve when Arya meets up with him in ASoS, he would have to be three or four years older to be a product of the crown line Targaryens.

Also the wrong age, he's twelve when Arya meets up with him in ASoS, he would have to be three or four years older to be a product of the crown line Targaryens.

House Dayne could of covered up his birth, making him out to be 4 or 3 years younger. You can't always believe what people say in asoiaf. Arya told everyone she was 12 when she was complaining that Ned was aloud to fight and she wasn't, even though she was 8. She also took on multiple believable personas to survive. Edric Dayne could easily have been made up as Arry or Weasel. He does have purplish eyes and very light blond hair, so i feel he shouldnt be taken out of consideration just yet. Even so he may end up being Lyseene or whatever, some Valyrian descent.

House Dayne could of covered up his birth, making him out to be 4 or 3 years younger. You can't always believe what people say in asoiaf. Arya told everyone she was 12 when she was complaining that Ned was aloud to fight and she wasn't, even though she was 8. She also took on multiple believable personas to survive. Edric Dayne could easily have been made up as Arry or Weasel. He does have purplish eyes and very light blond hair, so i feel he shouldnt be taken out of consideration just yet. Even so he may end up being Lyseene or whatever, some Valyrian descent.

At some ages you can get away with taking 4 years off,but there's no way you can make a 16 year old young man look like a 12 year old, or a 6 year old for a 2 year old for that matter.

Edric Dayne is who he says he is - the Lord of Starfall, of House Dayne. But the violet/purple eyes and light hair to light brown is common in the Daynes. Ashara Dayne had purplish eyes.

[spoiler]and so does a cousin of theirs who appears in a later book[/spoiler]

We don't know exactly why, but it actually may even pre-date the Valyrians.

Archived