Which three books to rebuild a civilisation?

The Marquis de Leech

So assuming that the peoples among we've been sent hold the books we bring as the Greeks held the Iliad, if not necessarily as Abrahamic religions hold their holy texts, which books would be best for creating a Dunyainic society? 

If immediate survival isn't an issue, a comprehensive medical text or possibly pharmacology would be item 1. Would omnibus editions count? I had a massive philosophy omnibus that included key short texts from Plato, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Nietzsche and Mill amongst others, and if I could chuck that in, I would, as it gives an overview of a few thousand years' influential thinking. Item 3... this is tricky. One out of: a physics and cosmology overview text that I could understand, Life:The Unauthorised Biography, On Writing by Stephen King, the Karma Sutra, or The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days (if I'm going to spend the rest of my days teaching the remaining humans how to be a society, there'd damned well better be cake at the far end of my efforts).

https://dynamic.indigoimages.ca/books/047063801x.jpg?altimages=true&width=310&quality=85&maxheight=310&lang=en&z=100026988bc481945514ceb6a3e444d8a28be436d6c49-7

As one of the chosen few, a millwright, my first pick.

Next I would pick a book on raising vegetables. 

Third would be a reasonably complete mathematics text. With trig and log tables. We're going to be figuring by hand. Good thing I still have a slide rule. That will make me the king.

You people are all fucked if you don't include the complete works of PG Wodehouse.  A society with no sense of humor deserves to perish from this Earth in as rapid a fashion as possible.

So I change my answer to the Juggalo thing, the sex thing, and the laughs.

eta:  To be clear, I use 'laughs' as a slang for 'haha's or 'lol'.  Any of you oldtimers out there might say 'comedy.'  All of these terms are outdated and quite pedestrian, and you should probably deep-six them from your vocabulary.

Principia Mathematica, the book Vesalius wrote and then either Leviathan or Analects

Newton's or Russell/Whitehead's Principia? The latter is probably one of the most useless books for rebuilding civilization...

Archived