Mental Health Support Group

AsharyaTarstark

I've been in my flat 4 days (and one of those involved moving in so it doesn't really count) and already I'm struggling with all of the problems and negative behaviours I thought I'd worked through over the summer. This is fucking disheartening

I've struggled on and off with depression for most of my life, went through a particularly dark period about five years ago that I don't like to talk about. I was doing much better for a while, but then this past year the woman I considered to be my closest friend cut off all contact with me out of nowhere and left the state. It made me take a look at my situation and realize that I basically have no friends that I'm really close with. I just don't know how to meet people. I feel like the people that I want to be close with have no interest in interacting with me, and the people that show interest in me I find to be genuinely repellent human beings.

Well, try joining a club of sorts, reading maybe, or sports. It's a good way to get to know people :) That is, if you already haven't tried this probably often suggested manner.

Archived