(2 x 4)

Tyrion IV vs Catelyn IX

(2 x 4)

Bran VI vs Jon VII

(3 x 3, casting vote)

Daenerys IV vs Eddard XII

(2 x 4)

[spoiler]

Criston: Daenerys X, Catelyn VIII, Eddard IX, Arya IV, Catelyn II, Jon II, Bran IV, Eddard IV, Arya V, Tyrion IV, Jon VII, Eddard XII

Yomi: Daenerys X, Jon III, Tyrion III, Arya IV, Sansa IV, Jon II, Bran IV, Tyrion VI, Arya V, Catelyn IX, Bran VI, Daenerys IV

Lil’ ghost: Daenerys X, Jon III, Eddard IX, Arya IV, Sansa IV, Jon II, Bran IV, Tyrion VI, Arya V, Tyrion IV, Jon VII, Eddard XII

Annara Snow: Daenerys X, Jon III, Eddard IX, Arya IV, Catelyn II, Eddard XIII, Bran IV, Tyrion VI, Arya V, Catelyn IX, Jon VII, Eddard XII

Rajam: Sansa III, Catelyn VIII, Tyrion III, Eddard II, Catelyn II, Eddard XIII, Daenerys VI, Eddard IV, Eddard XIV, Catelyn IX, Bran VI, Daenerys IV

Cashless: Daenerys X, Jon III, Eddard IX, Arya IV, Catelyn II, Eddard XIII, Bran IV, Eddard IV, Eddard XIV, Catelyn IX, Bran VI, Eddard XII[/spoiler]

MATCHES FOR “A GAME OF THRONES” – ROUND 1, PART 2

GROUP D

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat) vs Sansa VI (Joffrey shows Ned's head on spike)

Eddard XV (Varys visits Ned in the dungeon) vs Jon VI (Jon takes his vows)

Arya I (Arya watches Bran and Tommen fight, Joffrey being an ass) vs Daenerys VII (Dany makes Mirri treat Drogo's wound)

Eddard VIII (Ned's resignation) vs Tyrion II (Tyrion explains to Jon what the Night's Watch really is)

GROUP E

Eddard XI (Ned sends Beric to seize Gregor Clegane) vs Daenerys II (Dany marries Drogo)

Tyrion IX (Tywin sends Tyrion to KL to be Hand) vs Catelyn V (Catelyn takes Tyrion captive)

Bran II ("The things I do for love", Bran's fall) vs Jon I (Talks to Benjen and Tyrion ["wear it like armor"])

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight) vs Eddard III (Ned kills Lady)

GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking) vs Eddard V (Ned investigates Jon Arryn's death)

Tyrion I (Tyrion strikes Joffrey because of Bran) vs Eddard X (Ned is reinstated as King's Hand)

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)

Daenerys V (a golden crown) vs Jon VIII (Mormont gives Longclaw to Jon)

VOTES UNTIL AUGUST 25th, 9:30 AM (PST)

[Tomorrow I will post part 3 (votes due until Aug 26th), so we can go faster with the initial rounds. I thought it could be confusing, but there were not that many votes, so I think everyone will do fine :D]

GROUP D

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat) vs Sansa VI (Joffrey shows Ned's head on spike)

Arya I (Arya watches Bran and Tommen fight, Joffrey being an ass) vs Daenerys VII (Dany makes Mirri treat Drogo's wound)

Eddard VIII (Ned's resignation) vs Tyrion II (Tyrion explains to Jon what the Night's Watch really is)

GROUP E

Eddard XI (Ned sends Beric to seize Gregor Clegane) vs Daenerys II (Dany marries Drogo)

Tyrion IX (Tywin sends Tyrion to KL to be Hand) vs Catelyn V (Catelyn takes Tyrion captive)

Bran II ("The things I do for love", Bran's fall) vs Jon I (Talks to Benjen and Tyrion ["wear it like armor"])

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight) vs Eddard III (Ned kills Lady) ugh, this one kept me thinking for a while

GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking) vs Eddard V (Ned investigates Jon Arryn's death)

Tyrion I (Tyrion strikes Joffrey because of Bran) vs Eddard X (Ned is reinstated as King's Hand)

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)

GROUP D

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat) vs Sansa VI (Joffrey shows Ned's head on spike)

Eddard XV (Varys visits Ned in the dungeon) vs Jon VI (Jon takes his vows)

Arya I (Arya watches Bran and Tommen fight, Joffrey being an ass) vs Daenerys VII (Dany makes Mirri treat Drogo's wound)

Eddard VIII (Ned's resignation) vs Tyrion II (Tyrion explains to Jon what the Night's Watch really is)

GROUP E

Eddard XI (Ned sends Beric to seize Gregor Clegane) vs Daenerys II (Dany marries Drogo)

Tyrion IX (Tywin sends Tyrion to KL to be Hand) vs Catelyn V (Catelyn takes Tyrion captive)

Bran II ("The things I do for love", Bran's fall) vs Jon I (Talks to Benjen and Tyrion ["wear it like armor"]) (wow, this one's tough. They're both great)

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight) vs Eddard III (Ned kills Lady) (ok, let's flip a coin... ultimately Eddard III won this, because more significant political stuff happens, Robert being ruled by Cersei and so on...)

GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking) vs Eddard V (Ned investigates Jon Arryn's death) (This description is kind of vague)

Tyrion I (Tyrion strikes Joffrey because of Bran) vs Eddard X (Ned is reinstated as King's Hand)

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)

Daenerys V (a golden crown) vs Jon VIII (Mormont gives Longclaw to Jon) (This is my favourite one)

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat) vs Sansa VI (Joffrey shows Ned's head on spike) two excellent chapters

Eddard XV (Varys visits Ned in the dungeon) vs Jon VI (Jon takes his vows) one of my favorites in the book

Arya I (Arya watches Bran and Tommen fight, Joffrey being an ass) vs Daenerys VII (Dany makes Mirri treat Drogo's wound)

Eddard VIII (Ned's resignation) vs Tyrion II (Tyrion explains to Jon what the Night's Watch really is)

GROUP E

Eddard XI (Ned sends Beric to seize Gregor Clegane) vs Daenerys II (Dany marries Drogo) This was a tough one, mostly about me deciding how I feel about Dany II i.e. about the depiction of Dany/Drogo and the Dothraki in general... in the end, I think I'm not sure how I feel about it, so I'll go for Ned's chapter

Tyrion IX (Tywin sends Tyrion to KL to be Hand) vs Catelyn V (Catelyn takes Tyrion captive)

Bran II ("The things I do for love", Bran's fall) vs Jon I (Talks to Benjen and Tyrion ["wear it like armor"])

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight) vs Eddard III (Ned kills Lady)

GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking) vs Eddard V (Ned investigates Jon Arryn's death)

Tyrion I (Tyrion strikes Joffrey because of Bran) vs Eddard X (Ned is reinstated as King's Hand)

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)

Daenerys V (a golden crown) vs Jon VIII (Mormont gives Longclaw to Jon)

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight) vs Eddard III (Ned kills Lady) (ok, let's flip a coin... ultimately Eddard III won this, because more significant political stuff happens, Robert being ruled by Cersei and so on...)

I find Eddard III stronger because of how tragic the end of the chapter is.

GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking) vs Eddard V (Ned investigates Jon Arryn's death) (This description is kind of vague)

Well, it's better to click on the links and be reminded of everything that happens in the chapter, rather than just read the description. For instance, Eddard X "Ned is reinstated as Hand" sounds OK, but when you know it's also the chapter with the Tower of Joy dream...

Well, it's better to click on the links and be reminded of everything that happens in the chapter, rather than just read the description. For instance, Eddard X "Ned is reinstated as Hand" sounds OK, but when you know it's also the chapter with the Tower of Joy dream...

I understand sometimes the descriptions will not be as accurate as desirable. I am trying to keep them the shorter I can, and sometimes people might need to clarify things better by clicking on the links. I thought about including the ToJ dream in the description, but I ended up preferring to focus on advancements of the plot. In the next round I will try to do this better.

I find Eddard III stronger because of how tragic the end of the chapter is.

I know, but if "investigates Jon Arryn's death" is the most noteworthy thing about a chapter, than it's probably not even worth considering.

I did remember that Eddard X was the ToJ-dream, but ultimately Tyrion I is still better imo.

I know, but if "investigates Jon Arryn's death" is the most noteworthy thing about a chapter, than it's probably not even worth considering.

I did remember that Eddard X was the ToJ-dream, but ultimately Tyrion I is still better imo.

Eddard V is more about exposition. It is the talk Ned had with Pycelle and then Littlefinger. I kept it vague because there was nothing that noteworthy, I think. And, shame on me, I never thought that someone might vote for this chapter against Arya III, one of the most intriguing chapters in ASOIAF (some parts of Illyrio and Varys' conversation are still somewhat mysterious four books after).

GROUP D

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat)

Eddard XV (Varys visits Ned in the dungeon) VI[/url] (Jon takes his vows)

Daenerys VII (Dany makes Mirri treat Drogo's wound)

Eddard VIII (Ned's resignation)

GROUP E

Daenerys II (Dany marries Drogo)[/font]

Tyrion IX (Tywin sends Tyrion to KL to be Hand)

Bran II ("The things I do for love", Bran's fall)

Sansa I (Arya and Joffrey fight)

[font=georgia]GROUP F

Arya III (Arya listens Illyrio and Varys talking)

Tyrion I (Tyrion strikes Joffrey because of Bran)

Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)

Daenerys V (a golden crown)

GROUP D

GROUP E

GROUP F

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found)  very hard to choose

GROUP D

Catelyn VII (Tyrion's trial by combat) vs Sansa VI (Joffrey shows Ned's head on spike)   "Or maybe he gives me yours."

GROUP E

GROUP F

GROUP D

GROUP E

GROUP F

Catelyn III (attempt to murder Bran) vs Bran I (Gared's execution; direwolves found). This one was tough for me.

MATCHES FOR “A GAME OF THRONES” – ROUND 1, PART 3

GROUP G

Daenerys VIII (black magic ritual to save Drogo) vs Eddard VII (Tourney of the Hand, Hound saves Loras)

Catelyn VI (ascent to the Eyrie with Blackfish) vs Jon IX (Jon's desertion, saved by honor [not his honor, as Mormont says])

Sansa II (death of Ser Hugh; Hound tells her about his face) vs Tyrion V (bribes Mord, gets a trial by combat)

Bran V (attacked by Osha's group) vs Catelyn IV (Cat arrives at KL and meets Littlefinger)

GROUP H

Bran III (dreams of falling and crows; wakes up from his coma) vs Eddard VI (Ned meets Gendry)

Tyrion VIII (meets Shae; Battle of the Green Fork) vs Daenerys III (Dany "rides" Drogo)

Catelyn XI (Robb is declared King in the North) vs Jon IV (befriends the newcomer Sam) 

Sansa V (asks Joffrey for mercy to Ned in front of the court) vs Catelyn I (informs Ned that King Robert is coming and Jon Arryn is dead)

GROUP I

Eddard I (Robert comes to Winterfell, asks Ned to be Hand) vs Jon V (arranges for Sam to be Aemon's steward)

Tyrion VII (comes to Tywin with his clansmen) vs Daenerys I (plannings for Dany's marriage)

Arya II (Arya is pissed off, Ned arranges her a dancing master) vs Catelyn X (ambush to Jaime, which is captured)

Daenerys IX (Drogo is "alive", Dany kills him) vs Bran VII (Bran and Rickon's dreams of Ned in the crypts; news of Ned's death)

VOTES UNTIL AUGUST 26th, 11 AM (PST)

GROUP G

Daenerys VIII (black magic ritual to save Drogo) vs Eddard VII (Tourney of the Hand, Hound saves Loras)

Catelyn VI (ascent to the Eyrie with Blackfish) vs Jon IX (Jon's desertion, saved by honor [not his honor, as Mormont says])

Sansa II (death of Ser Hugh; Hound tells her about his face) vs Tyrion V (bribes Mord, gets a trial by combat)

Bran V (attacked by Osha's group) vs Catelyn IV (Cat arrives at KL and meets Littlefinger)

GROUP H

Bran III (dreams of falling and crows; wakes up from his coma) vs Eddard VI (Ned meets Gendry)

Tyrion VIII (meets Shae; Battle of the Green Fork) vs Daenerys III (Dany "rides" Drogo)

Catelyn XI (Robb is declared King in the North) vs Jon IV (befriends the newcomer Sam) 

Sansa V (asks Joffrey for mercy to Ned in front of the court) vs Catelyn I (informs Ned that King Robert is coming and Jon Arryn is dead)

GROUP I

Eddard I (Robert comes to Winterfell, asks Ned to be Hand) vs Jon V (arranges for Sam to be Aemon's steward)

Tyrion VII (comes to Tywin with his clansmen) vs Daenerys I (plannings for Dany's marriage)

Arya II (Arya is pissed off, Ned arranges her a dancing master) vs Catelyn X (ambush to Jaime, which is captured)

Daenerys IX (Drogo is "alive", Dany kills him) vs Bran VII (Bran and Rickon's dreams of Ned in the crypts; news of Ned's death)

Daenerys VIII (black magic ritual to save Drogo) vs Eddard VII (Tourney of the Hand, Hound saves Loras)

Catelyn VI (ascent to the Eyrie with Blackfish) vs Jon IX (Jon's desertion, saved by honor [not his honor, as Mormont says])

Sansa II (death of Ser Hugh; Hound tells her about his face) vs Tyrion V (bribes Mord, gets a trial by combat)  one of my favorite AGOT chapters

Bran V (attacked by Osha's group) vs Catelyn IV (Cat arrives at KL and meets Littlefinger) This one was pretty close

GROUP H

Bran III (dreams of falling and crows; wakes up from his coma) vs Eddard VI (Ned meets Gendry) Another one of my favorite AGOT chapters

Tyrion VIII (meets Shae; Battle of the Green Fork) vs Daenerys III (Dany "rides" Drogo)

Catelyn XI (Robb is declared King in the North) vs Jon IV (befriends the newcomer Sam)  This was difficult, since I loved Sam's introduction

Sansa V (asks Joffrey for mercy to Ned in front of the court) vs Catelyn I (informs Ned that King Robert is coming and Jon Arryn is dead) there's Barristan's dismissal, and I love Sandor's words on being inducted into the KG

GROUP I

Eddard I (Robert comes to Winterfell, asks Ned to be Hand) vs Jon V (arranges for Sam to be Aemon's steward) 

Tyrion VII (comes to Tywin with his clansmen) vs Daenerys I (plannings for Dany's marriage)

Arya II (Arya is pissed off, Ned arranges her a dancing master) vs Catelyn X (ambush to Jaime, which is captured) That sounds like the ambush was captured :p I had to think about this one, but Ned's words about the Starks prevailed in the end

Daenerys IX (Drogo is "alive", Dany kills him) vs Bran VII (Bran and Rickon's dreams of Ned in the crypts; news of Ned's death) Bran's chapter is nice, too but Dany IX is another one of my AGOT favorites, really strong chapter

Group F has three unanimous decisions till now. "Group of death"? :D

I may have voted for Jon VIII if I had realized at the time it was the chapter where Maester Aemon tells Jon who he is. That was a great scene. I should read the summaries before I vote. Although the golden crown was still such a strong moment. In any case, it would have been much harder to decide.

Archived