What's awesome today? Mk.II

Arkhangel

I just found out that a person I've seen and chatted to a fair few times recently, and who I thought was someone I very vaguely knew, is someone completely different. At no point during our several long chats did I need to say her name and so I have not been busted as being a terrible person! Hurrah! Also, I almost got hit by a psycho van driver whilst crossing a pedestrian crossing today. Squealing brakes and everything, he stopped maybe a metre from me. On the one hand, it was really scary. On the other hand, I almost got hit by a van but I didn't actually get hit by a van, and not getting hit by a van is pretty freaking awesome.

I just got an email from a former neighbour who knew me when I was a baby. He's sent me lots of stuff I'd half forgotten - including a photo of me as a baby with his dad, and of their dog, Susan, (the red setter I adored, and named my sister after)

Someone accidentally sent a tech support email to a massive distribution list in my organization (thousands of recipients) and now for the past hour around 100 people have 'replied all' in a vain attempt to make the unwanted emails go away. Some nice unexpected comic relief for a slow Friday afternoon.

Made some $ scrapping odds and ends from parents house after they renovated bathroom (copper/brass piping, cast iron bathtub).  What was really awesome was a box my mom gave me to scrap with ALL my old Matchbox cars.  Took me down memory lane  :)

Going to wrap up the day by driving to the beach later tonight to watch a fireworks show.

Going through my phone, deleting old photos etc, and I stumble across a video of my 7 year old nephew eating his first roll of sushi in exchange for $5. It took like 6 bites, 3 minutes and a whole glass of milk to wash it down, but he did it.
Not pictured was immediately after his younger brother eating a pea sized nub of wasabi for a measly 25¢. Shrewd businessmen or no, those kids got grit. Shit was pretty damn funny

Started writing sketches for my new surreal comedy show idea (probably really bad but at least I'm doing something and writing lol)

Surreal sketch comedy? I would be very interested in seeing some of that.

Yesterday saw the arrival of
1: wife home from 2 weeks in Kenya
2: Cobalt's "Eater of Birds"

Fuck yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Archived