Football 3-3 (@ Fratton Park)

Zoë Sumra

I've been completely cut off from football this weekend and I'm not too happy about what I've come back to, lads.

No need to worry though, LvG says we do not need another striker unless it is the very best striker in the world.

Faced with the fact that Wayne Rooney cannot even lift a ball off the ground anymore, and that the same applies to Mata, and that our two goals in 3 games were 1 own goal and 1 big deflection, he still says it all looks fine.

Against Newcastle it looked like the only way we could score was by walking the ball across the line, because asking Rooney or Mata to get a shot off is apparently equal to asking them to amputate their left hand.

In other news, Everton held up well against City IMO. The Lukaku goal probably should have stood and if it does you have a different game.

City played well, but Everton still looks very potent in several positions.

I was impressed by Everton, too. Man City are just playing really well atm.

I am very nervous about my Hammers, though. No width again and it's killing our fullbacks, clearly.

No Koscielny and No Mertesacker for Arsenal. I'm not sure what's going on but Liverpool will fancy their chances against Gabriel and Chambers. Ugh. 

Mertesacker is ill and Koscielny has a back injury. Not good. 

So Arsenal will have an experimental defense while Liverpool has an experimental midfield and attack.  It adds some nice randomness but probably not enough to swing it in our favor.  Arsenal's very established midfield and attack should still carry the game. 

Nah, you guys'll be fine.

Just as long as you don't try to play offside, mind. Our New Balance kits utilise special stealth technology to neutralise assistant referees.

I think those two have only played one game together, and that was in pre-season. I was pretty confident that Kos and Per would have marshalled Benteke pretty well - I don't have that sort of confidence in Gabriel and Chambers. 

( Also, last season's game was closer than the scoreline suggested) 

Is Joe Allen still on the team?

I know that may read like a joke question, but I am asking sincerely.

Yeah, Liverpool just have a lot of players vying for midfield places at the moment so he hasn't made any of the squads so far.

ETA: Actually Soylent's right he's injured as well. I forgot he picked up a hamstring injury in the preseason game against Swindon.

Archived