Football 3-3 (@ Fratton Park)

Zoë Sumra

Swansea are quality. With our struggles to get the ball into the net they were always going to threaten on the break. I'm not too put out coz we didn't play badly, we really just made two mistakes defensively and got punished by a quality team. The other end is a big concern, but we'll be better.

Fellaini needed to be on sooner.

Well played Swansea. Our problems in attack highlighted once again. We will struggle to score goals and certainly not win anything with our current attacking lineup. Also, Romero is clearly a #2 goalkeeper. United want to take a stand against Real but we will be the big losers in the long run. This business with De Gea should have been sorted out a long time ago and a suitable replacement brought in.

I've been watching the BBC coverage of the athletics world champs this week and one thing I can't understand is why football pundits in general can't be as good as the crew the BBC can pull together for athletics. Okay, Paula Radcliffe is a bit over-earnest (but a big upgrade on Colin Jackson, who's always been a weak link and thankfully seemed to be a lot less involved here), but everyone else was excellent and that's usually the case.

I'm reading a report on BBC that United are set to sign Anthony Martial from Monaco. I must admit that I've never even heard of him before today. Any Ligue 1 fans out there? Does this signing have the potential to significantly improve United's attack or does it reek of 'panic buy'?

I'm reading a report on BBC that United are set to sign Anthony Martial from Monaco. I must admit that I've never even heard of him before today. Any Ligue 1 fans out there? Does this signing have the potential to significantly improve United's attack or does it reek of 'panic buy'?

I know he's a big prospect and nothing more than that. He's definitely not better than any current United striker atm, but he *could* improve a lot if he gets enough minutes on the pitch. I'd say more of a panic buy.

I know he's a big prospect and nothing more than that. He's definitely not better than any current United striker atm, but he *could* improve a lot if he gets enough minutes on the pitch. I'd say more of a panic buy.

Can't help but get a Lucas Moura vibe from this transfer. I hope Martial works out better for United than Moura did for PSG - if the transfer goes though.

It actually looks like this will be a day that further weakens United, as that is apparently the aim of master negotiator Ed Woodward and LvG, Lord of Ignorant post-match comments.

I am predicting this: we will not get a notable striker after all, despite all the talk. No Bale of course, but no one who can improve upfront.

Baffled by the amount of money being spent on a 19 year old Frenchman who I also haven't even heard of. This comes completely out of the blue. We may loan out Januzaj and Hernandez apparently, and De Gea I suspect will still leave for Madrid. The squad could be further depleted if all of that comes to pass.

It's also very quiet around Arsenal doing any business this Summer, and I suspect Spurs have paid a lot of money for another bust from South Korea.

It actually looks like this will be a day that further weakens United, as that is apparently the aim of master negotiator Ed Woodward and LvG, Lord of Ignorant post-match comments.

I am predicting this: we will not get a notable striker after all, despite all the talk. No Bale of course, but no one who can improve upfront.

Baffled by the amount of money being spent on a 19 year old Frenchman who I also haven't even heard of. This comes completely out of the blue. We may loan out Januzaj and Hernandez apparently, and De Gea I suspect will still leave for Madrid. The squad could be further depleted if all of that comes to pass.

It's also very quiet around Arsenal doing any business this Summer, and I suspect Spurs have paid a lot of money for another bust from South Korea.

Son Heung-Min, the South Korean you're referring to, is actually a very good player, a starter in the Bayer Leverkusen side for several seasons and one of their best players. He may turn out a bust in the Premier league, but don't write him off yet.

Son Heung-Min, the South Korean you're referring to, is actually a very good player, a starter in the Bayer Leverkusen side for several seasons and one of their best players. He may turn out a bust in the Premier league, but don't write him off yet.

Well he's signed for Spurs, so the odds of him actually being good are slim.

Soldado has two goals and two assists in two games in La Liga......

Archived