Dating: Matchmakers, dealbreakers and affairs, oh my!

MinDonner

Well, it's been a week, so I suppose I can give him a few more days or something (and I know he's been travelling,) but yeah, I seem to be heading there. I wish there was an option of demotion to casual facebook acquaintance from that one trip, that one time. This is someone who was there for me - probably a lot more than he knows - and just cutting that off completely seems wrong, but apparently it doesn't work that way. So. 

Band girl and I had an absolutely amazing weekend, who from now on will be referred to as my gf.  Twins game where we walked around the stadium and talked for most of the game, then went out dancing and had an amazing time, then spent the night at her place.  Had to leave early, but she invited me back that night and stayed over on Saturday as well.  Excellent chemistry, easy to talk to, A LOT in common.... it is surprisingly easy.  I really didn't want to get into anything too serious right away, but it's really hard to pass this up.  We've had the talk and both want to see where this goes.

Thanks everyone.  Life just seems to be working out right now.  Staying busy, losing weight, drinking less, looking and feeling great, getting to know this wonderful girl, hanging out a lot more with family and friends, seeing lots of music.... really realizing that the last few years have been a pale comparison of what I really need out of everything.  It's just so 'full', but at the same time not stressful at all.  Really hope to ride this wave for a little while :)

Wanted to go out for fancy cocktails with the ex-coworker this week, but complications in the form of Lyme disease may have intervened. Plus my friend at the fancy cocktail bar isn't working this week.

Still gonna try.

In other news, did you know that recent studies suggest that Lyme disease is sexually transmittable? How 'bout that?

Wanted to go out for fancy cocktails with the ex-coworker this week, but complications in the form of Lyme disease may have intervened. Plus my friend at the fancy cocktail bar isn't working this week.

Still gonna try.

In other news, did you know that recent studies suggest that Lyme disease is sexually transmittable? How 'bout that?

Huh. I never heard that.

I do know that Lyme Disease is one bad motherfucker. I have a friend whose daughter AND one of her young children have it, and it's totally messed up their lives.

Huh. I never heard that.

I do know that Lyme Disease is one bad motherfucker. I have a friend whose daughter AND one of her young children have it, and it's totally messed up their lives.

I had a friend who basically missed an entire year of HS due to Lyme disease.  It's no joke.

Makes sense. I had Lyme two years ago and it kicked my tail.

My mojo is so off. Just so, so, off. Let me explain, shall I?

So, the dude I really, really, really, really like has a girlfriend. So we're not talking at all, and he's not available. I had considered (and I'm not proud of this) attempting to break them up, but decided my conscience is troubled enough without adding any more to it.

In a surprising twist, people that I have zero interest in seem to be hypnotized by me, including an employee and a vice chancellor at a university. I have gone so far as to explain to the VC that I have watched "What We Do in the Shadows" three times, and told him my dead armadillo story. He is uneffected. And still wants to meet up. I had to get snippy rude with employee, and dude in Seattle is still digging me.

Meanwhile, the one person I really, really, really like is immune to my charms. This dating crap is for the birds.

ES, that's pretty typical, unfortunately.  It's almost like we send out a repellant to those we're attracted to.  Used to happen to me all the time.  And the ones I never paid any attention to would flock to my side. 

I've tried to analyze this phenomenon and have never come up with a satisfactory answer. 

ES, that's pretty typical, unfortunately.  It's almost like we send out a repellant to those we're attracted to.  Used to happen to me all the time.  And the ones I never paid any attention to would flock to my side. 

I've tried to analyze this phenomenon and have never come up with a satisfactory answer. 

I personally believe that my magical powers are somehow reversing and doing the opposite of what I intend.  I'm not sure how to correct this.

Perhaps I'll ask mr. Vice Chancellor what he recommends.  Maybe he knows a shaman or something.  

P.S.  I know I sound a bit snarky when discussing the university guy...it's just that he keeps approaching me like I'm some high-powered executive woman.  It's almost like he wants me to hire him rather than go out on a date.  I can't even describe it other than to say it kinda pisses me off.

Indeed, the dating crap sucketh.

Mr. Marine has likely gone back to his wife. Without saying anything to me. Last I heard from him, he was going to be in town on 8/21. Nothing since.

I still love him, but he's got a huge character flaw - frankly, it's cowardice. He's too much a coward to leave his wife. Who carried on a long-term affair with his best friend. He won't get the kid genetically tested to determine if it's his or not (mathematically, likely not his). He stated that it is important to him if the kid is genetically his or not. And, if this really is a breakup and not him just being busy...it's a crap way to break it off with someone you've been seeing for a year, silence. Until the situation proves differently, those are my thoughts.

Well, that or he loves his wife and loves his child and doesn't want to lose either of them. Cowardice seems like a harsh word in that situation.

I personally believe that my magical powers are somehow reversing and doing the opposite of what I intend.  I'm not sure how to correct this.

Perhaps I'll ask mr. Vice Chancellor what he recommends.  Maybe he knows a shaman or something.  

P.S.  I know I sound a bit snarky when discussing the university guy...it's just that he keeps approaching me like I'm some high-powered executive woman.  It's almost like he wants me to hire him rather than go out on a date.  I can't even describe it other than to say it kinda pisses me off.

Well, you can't get too mad at him - he does admire you, obviously, so you can't fault his taste. :)

I'd go on one date with him, just to give it a go, unless you find him truly odious. If the latter is the case, then "block" is your friend!!

He's 3 hours away and wants to meet halfway for a date.  I don't think I can muster the willingness, honestly.

Archived