Watch, Watched, Watching: Blame is safer than praise

Howdyphillip

I experienced Samurai Cop for the first time last night. While its comedic brilliance pales in comparison to that of The Room (truly the Citizen Kane of bad movies), it's still great. Heck, I'm now pumped for the sequel which I know will be disappointing.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Attack on Titan last night which I really enjoyed. I haven't watched anime before really, so don't know how this holds up in comparison to other series, but I'm finding it an interesting watch.
Also watching The Big Bang Theory. Not sure which series it is, I've just been catching it when it is on Channel 4/E4 but I love it. I'll probably be watching it from the start at some point.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Attack on Titan last night which I really enjoyed. I haven't watched anime before really, so don't know how this holds up in comparison to other series, but I'm finding it an interesting watch.

It's pretty good. Just prepare yourself to be intensely frustrated afterwards, because the wait for season two is taking forever :p If you dig AoT all the way through, you have to try Cowboy Bebop at some point. It's a pretty old anime, but it's absolutely brilliant. And it clocked in at just two series and a film, so you don't have to invest copious amounts of time in it :)

The Big Bang Theory.

:ack:

You know that feeling when a series is so good you finish what's available already and then don't know what to do with your life anymore? OITNB season 4 needs to come out already  :bawl:

I started Bloodline to fill the binge watching void...it's alright so far I guess. 

You know that feeling when a series is so good you finish what's available already and then don't know what to do with your life anymore? OITNB season 4 needs to come out already  :bawl:

I really enjoyed season 3 too, though it didn't really have the overarching plot like the previous season. But there was some good character development in there.

Watching Rick and Morty. Really fun and clever, but more watchable in small doses.

Starting season 2 of Battlestar Galactica after finishing S1, which was great. Also still watching S2 of True Detective which is... meh... so far.

Also watching The Big Bang Theory. Not sure which series it is, I've just been catching it when it is on Channel 4/E4 but I love it. I'll probably be watching it from the start at some point.

If you take a liking to anime, I can recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Generally regardes as one of the better ones, and accessible to anime newcomers.  
Actually, scratch 'recommend.' You have to watch it.

Bebop is worth watching for the soundtrack alone

God yes.

I watched Clerks 2 today and thereby rounding up my re-watch of Kevin Smnith's View Askewniverse (as they are apparently called) movies.

I think it's kind of funny that Kevin Smith had a cinematic universe before it was cool.

I have mixed feelings about Clerks 2. The original is one of my favorite comedies of all time, and I kind of wish he would have just left it alone. The sequel has some funny parts though.

I can't remember any of Clerks 2. Clerks, however, was hilarious.

I've been sprinkling in episodes of Trailer Park Boys in between The Killing and Narcos. I lost it during the first episode of season 2 where:

[spoiler] Ricky got the security job at the mall and had to retrieve shopping carts [/spoiler]

I have mixed feelings about Clerks 2. The original is one of my favorite comedies of all time, and I kind of wish he would have just left it alone. The sequel has some funny parts though.

I like it for what it is, but it's not nearly as good as Clerks. The donkey show is pretty fucking funny though.

The last episode of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell was a mixed bag for me but all-told I liked it, and the series 

overall, quite a bit. The story isn't anything incredible but the characters and the performers are absolute top notch.

It's pretty good. Just prepare yourself to be intensely frustrated afterwards, because the wait for season two is taking forever :P If you dig AoT all the way through, you have to try Cowboy Bebop at some point. It's a pretty old anime, but it's absolutely brilliant. And it clocked in at just two series and a film, so you don't have to invest copious amounts of time in it :)

:ack:

I third Cowboy Bebop, although I'm sure it was just one series of 26 episodes, then the movie which takes place between about episode 22-23 or something. So, yeah, a nice short(ish) series and about as good as anime gets.

One thing I'll say - and it's not uncontroversial among Bebop fans - is to watch the subbed version, especially if the first time you see it is as an adult. I far prefer the more understated, laid-back original voice actors (particularly for Spike and Jet) to the dub actors, who sound cornball and cheesey to me.

I liked Kevin Smith talking about dealing with Bruce Willis more than I enjoyed Cop Out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--U-66iQ_9I

I'm a big fan of Tracy Morgan and I like Seann William Scott, and of course I like me some Bruno, but I only got through about 17 minutes of Cop Out before I could no longer take the pain. 

I liked Kevin Smith talking about dealing with Bruce Willis more than I enjoyed Cop Out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--U-66iQ_9I

I'm a big fan of Tracy Morgan and I like Seann William Scott, and of course I like me some Bruno, but I only got through about 17 minutes of Cop Out before I could no longer take the pain. 

Archived