A+J=T v.7

UnmaskedLurker

It wouldn't have to be a huge sequence, and it couldn't cost more than the Hardhome battle.

Well there will be many more of those WWZ scenes I imagine.  IDK, but I really cant think of how they will all-of-a-sudden make up a bad guy to take a dragons and ride it, there is no horn, no blackfyres.... No one who seriously wants to oppose Dany. I guess they could pack all that into one season.

On a side note; imma tell you guys this cuz it's happening right now. this lady I sit near in my office keeps burping, like all fucking day, like non-stop, everyday.  Its a new job and I dont know what to do. I am literally going to quit and walk out soon :(

Maybe your view, and surely O Susannah's, but I don't think you should rely on anything from the show as evidence for what will happen in the books.

BTW, I am not sold on AJT, but I do appreciate the theory, and I am quite sure that the George wants us asking whether A+J=T.

HA! yeah I think if the little demon monkey rides on HBO he will be riding in the books, his name has top billing on the credits, Peter is the biggest star in the world right now.  I think that TYrion, Dany and Jon storylines will hold truest to the books.

Well there will be many more of those WWZ scenes I imagine.  IDK, but I really cant think of how they will all-of-a-sudden make up a bad guy to take a dragons and ride it, there is no horn, no blackfyres.... No one who seriously wants to oppose Dany. I guess they could pack all that into one season.

On a side note; imma tell you guys this cuz it's happening right now. this lady I sit near in my office keeps burping, like all fucking day, like non-stop, everyday.  Its a new job and I dont know what to do. I am literally going to quit and walk out soon :(

That's life workin in the big city.

Ive worked in 4 different offices here and have never encountered anything like this. I am dumbfounded and shocked everyday because it wont stop happening. and no one can hear except me. "I feel like i'm eating crazy pills"

I just hope it's not the very beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Wasn't the large gal in the remake of Dawn of the Dead burping a lot before she turned?

I think it's been quoted before, but I came on this when trying to compile more evidence for the thread (SS you will love it):

A Clash of Kings - Tyrion V

“The substance flows through my veins, and lives in the heart of every pyromancer. We respect its power. But the common soldier, hmmmm, the crew of one of the queen's spitfires, say, in the unthinking frenzy of battle . . . any little mistake can bring catastrophe. That cannot be said too often. My father often told King Aerys as much, as his father told old King Jaehaerys."

"They must have listened," Tyrion said. "If they had burned the city down, someone would have told me. So your counsel is that we had best be careful?"

Hold on, the grandfather, the father, and Tyrion... 

I think the fact that the author chose his other eye to be black. Not brown shows a possibility that it could be inherited from Targaryens. After all Egg's eyes seemed black. Plus he could have inherited his Black eyes from Blackwood side

I think the fact that the author chose his other eye to be black. Not brown shows a possibility that it could be inherited from Targaryens. After all Egg's eyes seemed black. Plus he could have inherited his Black eyes from Blackwood side

Or maybe from some ancestor of Euron's who raped some ancestor of Tyrion s on some raid.

I think it's been quoted before, but I came on this when trying to compile more evidence for the thread (SS you will love it):

Hold on, the grandfather, the father, and Tyrion... 

:)  Yeah I posted this one on V.6

Glad you noticed it to though.  It's pretty straightforward, 3 generations of Targaryens living in KL speaking with 3 generations of a family of pyromancers.

Sorry guys but I don't belive it. And also Tywin said Tyrion is no son of his. And it would be dumb if it is true. So many things have been going about it. Tyrion is who he is because of this and so is Tywin. That is why these characters are so good. Because Tyrion is mostlly like the son that Tywin wants. But Tywin can't see it.

:)  Yeah I posted this one on V.6

Glad you noticed it to though.  It's pretty straightforward, 3 generations of Targaryens living in KL speaking with 3 generations of a family of pyromancers.

Yes, the more I read it, the more I find it a big, big clue to AJT (forget my crackpot RJT). Sooo straightforward! It might be worth going back to Jaehaerys character more deeply in aWoIaF...

And here we go...Some Jaehaerys descriptions from aWoIaF:

In 240 AC, a year after Prince Duncan's marriage, Prince Jaehaerys and Princess Shaera each eluded their guardians and were secretly married. Jaehaerys was fifteen and Shaera fourteen at the time of their wedding.

Does it remind you of an episode in Tyrion's life?

Jaehaerys, the least martial of Aegon's three sons.(...) Unlike his brothers, Jaehaerys II Targaryen was thin and scrawny, and had battled various ailments all his life. Yet he did not lack for courage, or intelligence.

Though never strong, Jaehaerys II proved to be a capable king, restoring order to the Seven Kingdoms and reconciling many of the great houses who had grown unhappy with the Iron Throne because of King Aegon V's attempted reforms.

Tyrion as a hand was starting exactly the same way...

That's why I think it will haveta be the Lannisters.

Sorry guys but I don't belive it. And also Tywin said Tyrion is no son of his. And it would be dumb if it is true. So many things have been going about it. Tyrion is who he is because of this and so is Tywin. That is why these characters are so good. Because Tyrion is mostlly like the son that Tywin wants. But Tywin can't see it.

It works the same if Tyrion is Tywin's adoptive son (and Lannister though Joanna). Tyrion is the most like Tywin because he was raised by Tywin.

Tyrion hated Tywin and it molded him just like Tywin hated his father (although for different reasons) and it molded Tywin.

It works the same if Tyrion is Tywin's adoptive son (and Lannister though Joanna). Tyrion is the most like Tywin because he was raised by Tywin.
Tyrion hated Tywin and it molded him just like Tywin hated his father (although for different reasons) and it molded Tywin.

Yes but The son that he despised the most is the son mostlly like him. So I would be disapointed. But I don't like the theory anyways. Too many secret Targs

The OP now includes a new "spoiler box" labeled Miscellaneous Quotes and Possible Clues which contains a collection of quotes and other clues that might point in favor of A+J=T. Credit goes to Jo Maltese for his effort in parsing through prior posts to collect these gems and putting them together for us.

Please identify any other quotes and clues that are found in the text of any of the books that are not already included in the OP and if they make any kind of sense, I will add them to the list. The main body of the OP is long enough that I think adding to this new "spoiler box" list is a better place for new clues that are uncovered than trying to add to the main OP.

Thanks again to JM for his efforts in putting together these quotes and clues.

UL, where you say aWoIaF, you mean tWoIaF. aWoIaF is the app, not the book.

I don't see what hint you think to see in this:

Other Targaryens sharing traits with Tyrion

aCoK JON I
“That was Maekar, Aemon's father. The new king summoned all his sons to court and would have made Aemon part of his councils, but he refused, saying that would usurp the place rightly belonging to the Grand Maester. Instead he served at the keep of his eldest brother, another Daeron. Well, that one died too, leaving only a feeble-witted daughter as heir. Some pox he caught from a whore, I believe. The next brother was Aerion."
"Aerion the Monstrous?”

As well here:

The cream-and-gold I call Viserion. Viserys was cruel and weak and frightened, yet he was my brother still. His dragon will do what he could not.

The crossbow: The fool was all that he had time to think as the quarrel caromed off Viserion’s neck to vanish in the gloom. A line of fire gleamed in its wake—dragon’s blood, glowing gold and red. The crossbowman was fumbling for another quarrel as the dragon’s teeth closed around his neck.

Viserion the lazy, the wise (clever): “Wise?” Dany sat cross-legged on a cushion, and Viserion spread his white-and-gold wings and flapped to her side. “We shall see how wise they are,” she said as she scratched the dragon’s scaly head behind the horns. (...) Viserion sensed her disquiet. The white dragon lay coiled around a pear tree, his head resting on his tail. When Dany passed his eyes came open, two pools of molten gold. His horns were gold as well, and the scales that ran down his back from head to tail. “You’re lazy,” she told him, scratching under his jaw. (...)“You should be hunting with your brothers (...)"

The first quote. Are you trying to paint a parallel between Tyrion and the dragon, or Tyrion and Viserys?

The secon quote... Tyrion attacks with a crossbow, Viserion is attacked by men with a crossbow. One is the attacker, the other is being attacked. That does not paint a parallel between the two. It paints the picture of the hunter and the hunted.

The third quote, the wise is not a reflection on Viserion. Daenerys is speaking about the sellsword companies, not the dragon.

Archived