What we do in the Shadows

Larry of the Lawn

I searched for a thread on this and couldn't find one.

Here's the trailer.

I thought this movie was hilarious.  It remind me of a Christopher Guest movie, and I think a lot of it was improvised.  It's a mockumentary about the vampires in New Zealand and I've watched it a couple of times in the last 72 hours.

Just wanted to share it, some of you must have seen it.  One of the guys from Flight of the Conchords wrote, directed, produced and stars in it.

I nearly wet my pants multiple times.

Several of us watched it awhile back and talked about it in the "watching" thread at the time, I'm too lazy to look up those posts and bring them over here though. Really good flick. It took me a little while to acclimate to the style, but once I did I couldn't stop laughing. Stu was so mundane that the non-humans loving him was awesome. [spoiler] I'm confident he'll be leading the Pack by the next full moon.[/spoiler]

I cannot stop watching this movie. I snort so hard at so many scenes, but my favorites are the ones involving Stu and the vampires' love for him. It cracks me up. "Hide your red cheeks, Stu!"

Their accents are just fantastic. And the belly dancing scene had me ROFL'ing.

I cannot stop watching this movie. I snort so hard at so many scenes, but my favorites are the ones involving Stu and the vampires' love for him. It cracks me up. "Hide your red cheeks, Stu!"

Their accents are just fantastic. And the belly dancing scene had me ROFL'ing.

My personal favorite line is from this [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biRW7Etevkk]scene[/url], "What are we? werewolves, not swearwolves". Little simple shit like that is what really makes a good comedy for me.

My personal favorite line is from this scene, "What are we? werewolves, not swearwolves". Little simple shit like that is what really makes a good comedy for me.

The whole thing is just genius but I love how the other vampires are all like, "Nick is a dick, but we like Stu."

I only heard about this on Monday, when Jemaine Clement was on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast promoting his next project. That trailer looks really, really funny; the sort of humor that's right up my alley. Too bad it doesn't seem to be available on any of the subscription streaming services I have. Damn this fragmentation of media!

The Anti-Targ made a thread about this awhile back

Anyway, I loved it. My favourite comedy of last year, it had some really brilliant moments in it.

My personal favorite line is from this scene, "What are we? werewolves, not swearwolves". Little simple shit like that is what really makes a good comedy for me.

Yeah, that's a great line. I personally preferred this one though [spoiler] On why vampires prefer to drink virgin blood: "If you were going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it."  :bowdown:  :lmao:  [/spoiler]

Several of us watched it awhile back and talked about it in the "watching" thread at the time, I'm too lazy to look up those posts and bring them over here though. Really good flick. It took me a little while to acclimate to the style, but once I did I couldn't stop laughing. Stu was so mundane that the non-humans loving him was awesome. [spoiler] I'm confident he'll be leading the Pack by the next full moon.[/spoiler]

Here I did it for you :p

I only heard about this on Monday, when Jemaine Clement was on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast promoting his next project. That trailer looks really, really funny; the sort of humor that's right up my alley. Too bad it doesn't seem to be available on any of the subscription streaming services I have. Damn this fragmentation of media!

I'm picking it up at the local RedBox, but yeah, I often have the same frustration.

It's absolutely brilliant.  

Now if only those of us who were involved in the crowdfunding of its US release would get our T-shirts and related paraphernalia..... (perhaps Mercenary Chef can give them some pointers on how to do this).

Watched it last night, definitely lives up to the hype. Such a funny movie. I was a big FotC fan so seeing Jermaine and Murray in something together again was great. Too bad Bret didn't make an appearance. This will surely be something I rewatch. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

Very, very fun movie. Love how dense with detail it is too. Even on the fourth and fifth watch you notice stuff you didn't on the first watches.

So many memorable characters and quotable lines. Especially love how genuinely creepy it manages to be while being ridiculously hilarious throughout.

Archived