U.S. Politics - are you born on this board?

TerraPrime

I never used it. 

You were calling racism, and I said it wasnt racist. 

I dont even care, but saying cuckservative is racist is stupid. Its a combination of cuckhold and conservative. but if I call a black guy a cuckservative, I guess its racist. whatever. 

But all you're doing is saying it isn't without engaging with the evidence that it is. Cuckolding is often associated with black men and white men's wives, white supremacists may have originated the term, are for a certainty quite fond of it, and, lo and behold, it's entered popular discourse at a time when we have a black President, leveled against conservatives who have purportedly been "steamrolled" by that President.

Why you want so badly for the term not to be racist is mystifying. You appear to have decided so on the basis of a few sentences from Wikipedia, maybe you should not dig your heels in and instead read a little more of the context.

It's illegal not to, it seems.

"Welcome on your first visit to the USA! You're under arrest for tax evasion!"

Might there be some kind of exception for people with dual citizenship that reside in the other country? Legit asking, I don't know anything about the tax code.

Might there be some kind of exception for people with dual citizenship that reside in the country? Legit asking, I don't know anything about the tax code.

Dude, me neither. I'm just a drive-by poster from Norway.

Again, how would the IRS know that you're working anywhere?  If you report no income, and your company doesn't report any income, where is the proof of tax evasion?

(Bolded) then "you may be subject to a penalty under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 6651". Whatever that may be.

Anyway, that's it for me. It doesn't apply to me, or interest me terribly.

But isn't most liberal support for retaining birthright citizenship predicated on examining the problems that countries are currently facing after transitioning to a jus sanguinis citizenship method, among those being a de facto caste system among legal residents who live there for generations but are not citizens?

To my knowledge - no. I have never seen or heard any liberal, let alone a prominent one, make this argument. 

But all you're doing is saying it isn't without engaging with the evidence that it is. Cuckolding is often associated with black men and white men's wives, white supremacists may have originated the term, are for a certainty quite fond of it, and, lo and behold, it's entered popular discourse at a time when we have a black President, leveled against conservatives who have purportedly been "steamrolled" by that President.

Why you want so badly for the term not to be racist is mystifying. You appear to have decided so on the basis of a few sentences from Wikipedia, maybe you should not dig your heels in and instead read a little more of the context.

Fine, its racist because someone used it in a racist way on twitter. there. 

So you are claiming the wikipedia entry is proof that the term is racist or you're not? I'm confused. Also cuckold is a term 'often associated' with black men and white men's wife? Really??? Ok it's happening I'm toucanned out.

So you are claiming the wikipedia entry is proof that the term is racist or you're not? I'm confused. Also cuckold is a term 'often associated' with black men and white men's wife? Really??? Ok it's happening I'm toucanned out.

Can you read? He's saying the sources linked in the wiki article support the assertion, whereas the paraphrased except frog quoted did not.

Edit: apparently you're incapable of differentiating cited evidence from what someone wrote themselves on Wikipedia. To be expected, I suppose.

Can you read? He's saying the sources linked in the wiki article support the assertion, whereas the paraphrased except frog quoted did not.

Edit: apparently you're incapable of differentiating cited evidence from what someone wrote themselves on Wikipedia. To be expected, I suppose.

Cited references? Sorry I see someone posting a link to wiki fucking pedia and my brain shuts down. I'm funny like that. So yeah I'll go look, but I'm telling you  if the sources turn out to be social justice bullshit.......tone policing sucks.

Fine, its racist because someone used it in a racist way on twitter. there. 

You're just demonstrating that you can't be bothered to read about and consider, at all, the context of a term that you badly want not to be considered racist for reasons unknown.

And we know that coz wikipedia :bang:

You either know full well that I did not quote wikipedia to support my argument and are choosing to ignore it, or you're simply incapable of keeping up with this or any discussion. Generously, I'll assume you know full well and are just a troll. In any case, I'm done with this.

Sorry I see someone posting a link to wiki fucking pedia and my brain shuts down. I'm funny like that.

I have a feeling there are multiple triggers for your admitted condition.

its not. 

my problem is people painting everything they dont like with the RACISM!!!!! brush. 

I dont care about the word at all. 

Well then you are in luck, because you don't have a problem!  No one is "painting everything they dont like with the RACISM!!!!! brush."  Congrats, you now have one less thing to worry about!

To my knowledge - no. I have never seen or heard any liberal, let alone a prominent one, make this argument. 

I don't know how you haven't heard it. It's the biggest argument I see for why jus sanguinis is a bad idea whenever it's discussed.

I've never filled out a US tax return and never had problems visiting the US. Is anyone born in the US automatically considered a citizen?

It's because it's a non-issue that was brought up to show how terrible birthright citizenship is... even though it's an unenforceable law, as your experience clearly shows.

I think the birthright citizenship issue is an interesting example of the unique situation of American politics. Every developed western democracy in the world other than Canada and the United States have ultimately rejected birthright citizenship - many within just the past thirty or so years - recognizing (correctly, I think) that the modern (European) welfare state is unsustainable if immigration pressure isn't strictly limited. I think it's also fundamentally incompatible with modern concepts of nationhood. If you were to start over with a clean slate and figure out how to determine membership in the US, and the first question someone asked you is: "If two German citizens are vacationing in New York City, and one of them goes into premature labor and ends up delivering the baby at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, should the baby of two German citizens here on vacation be a citizen of the United States?" I have to feel that the inclination of most people would be to say "Of course not. That's a terribly fucking stupid idea." 

But here we are, with liberals defending birthright citizenship and conservatives desperately trying to find some rationale to reject it that doesn't involve acknowledging that any of the people who wrote the Constitution were ever wrong about anything, ever. 

I don't know about stupid or terrible. It can be explained historically. The first European colonists were running from religious/political persecution. It continued to be a place for immigrantion well after the American Revolution. And there was a big load of unoccupied land to be divided. So it seems/seemed like a good idea at the time, to make new settlers and their families as American as possible asap. America as center of immigration or melting pot of nations or whatever is a product of that. 

There are basically only two alternatives in the world, that I am aware of, on how to gain citizenship of a specific country. 

The second big way is ancestry. If one of your parents happens hold an Italian/German citizenship, you will "inherit" their citizenship. That way has its flaws, too. Just think of a family that resides in Italy or Germany for three generations or more and their children still being born without the citizenship of their home country. Pretty incomprehensible isn't it?

If the US had adopted an ancestry approach, I am not sure somebody like van Buren would have been eligible as POTUS. Marco Rubio probably wouldn't be. So I am mildly curious how Rubio reacts to this "Anchor baby" and "not real American" non-sense from the Donald. 

For completeness sake, I mentioned three ways to obtain citizenship. The third one is pretty irrelevant. It's a variation of the citizenship by ancestry approach. Citizenship by relgion. Which is basically only used by Israel. Check Law of Return. And Israel has invited some trouble with that. Namely Ultra Orthodox nutcases originating mainly from the former Soviet Union. There you can see a real clash of cultures, between more secular and liberal Israelis and those Ultra Orthodox right nuts. 

The latter are the ones who want to play hardball with Iran and Palestinians, and are very much into the war rhetorics, while they and their children are at the same time exempt for the mandatory military service. 

Archived