is the Abyss gazing at you right now?

Wise Fool

According to our viewing figures, the Abyss spends most of its time gazing at Celebrity Big Brother. Everyone who gazes also will see a fragment of the infinite darkness looking back.

I love this thread Wise Fool can I use this thread for inspiration for my comedy sketch show I've just decided I want to write because I have nothing else to do I want two people to argue about the differences between the abyss and the void, but, you know, funny like

I am staring at the anti-abyss, the epitome of wonder and goodness, the holy countenance of one true prophet, Sir David Attenborough.

That kindly face, the wind swept hair, the magnificent enunciation. Let us all take up the habit of khakis and light blue shirt and be joyous. Nihilistic despair finds no foothold in the presence of the greatest gift the universe has seen fit to grant us

According to our viewing figures, the Abyss spends most of its time gazing at Celebrity Big Brother. Everyone who gazes also will see a fragment of the infinite darkness looking back.

I don't believe those figures! The Abyss clearly watches this stuff. On repeat.

I grok that some fear the abyss but I enjoy kicking back and watching the moon spiral of into said abyss

it's just fucking science and that is calming to me! 

:thumbsup:

Science is cool. It produces bloody amazing things. We are going to enter a new era of bio-medical technologies and people becoming cyborgs and being able to neural interface with the internet. Unless the resource war comes first. Then we're all fucked. But, sadly, science guards you and I not from the Abyss. For the Abyss is not simply space, the Abyss is not simply this universe, and the Abyss cannot be scientifically fathomed. The Abyss is real, but it can't actually be looked at, because it can't be represented with visual data. The Abyss is the yawning gulf where you were before you were conceived, the endless nothing where you will be when you die. It's the way that the color red tastes, and the way that music feels. You simply lack the apparatus to directly perceive it, just as you lack the mechanism by which you can easily conceptualize it. And it lives in that lack. It is the darkness that twists within. It is the sound of fiendish hordes, killing and rasping and rutting. Endlessly rutting.

Archived