You are Rhegar Targaryan (ursurp) your farhers crown quickly and effectivly

True.Kitn902

This is prior to Harrenhal and obviously before Brandon Stark and his noble party were murdered by the MK Aerys. I made this one rule because well it wasn't hard to gain ally after that ........Rhegar: My father's bat shit crazy .... Every lord in Westeros: Well YA what possibly gave you that impression ???

I wood rite leturs to al the loreds of Westerrors preteendin to bee mai fahthur. They wuld Kwikly reelize hough inkompetant he mussed be and deklar him insayn so I cood be keyng.

Hapyli evur afftur.

This does not look like English, but I sort of got your point. 

To be serious, what Rhaegar needs to do is to firstly figure out who is the real leader of the military power of Red Keep.

Then try his best to get the support of this person, and then control his dad with a band of powerful fighters (Arthur Dayne no less) and declare he is mentally unstable, and then call himself as prince regent. 

Army matters here, not those gossip people in the council. 

I wood rite leturs to al the loreds of Westerrors preteendin to bee mai fahthur. They wuld Kwikly reelize hough inkompetant he mussed be and deklar him insayn so I cood be keyng.
Hapyli evur afftur.

I made a few spelling mistakes get over it I typed it quickly and English is my 3rd lamguage.

Rhaegar was never a politician, just as Ned and Jon Arryn he probably despised the power games in kings landing.

If he wanted to dispose of Aerys because he was becoming insane he would have to deal with the kingsguard first.

Remember what they said at the ToJ "We swore a vow", they would never allow Rhaegar to take power over the seven kingdoms if it would harm their king. So he would need to convince the KG first that he wishes to protect is father by locking him up. Then he needs the support of the gold cloaks to gain control of the city.

After he gets a hold of the capital and imprisons Aerys, he should probably write to the seven lords paramount and gain their support for his regency.

The first 2 steps he needs to do without gaining attention from Varys, who would have certainly used this to destabilize Targ rule for his Blackfyre boy.

Of course I can't just usurp the throne from my father. What i would do is declare him insane, put him in his chamber and officially have Maesters treat him. As Crown Prince I am the obvious choice for his regent.

It is important to have as many Lord Paramounts behind this as possible. Apart from freeing them from the risk of an insane monarch, they should get something in return.

Tyrells: Promise Rhaenys to Willas (or Garlan). They get close family ties to the throne.

Dorne: Nothing to do here, my marriage with Elia should be enough.

iron Islands: Fuck them.

Now, the big Southron Ambition Alliance is extremely strong and most of they're family members are either married or betrothed.

Rickard and Jon would probably demand some political compensation like more local autonomy, tax cuts, etc and seats on the small council.

Most likely I would agree until I can find a way to break up their alliance.

Then I need the Kingsguard. As it seems like I already have Arthur, Gerold and Oswell it should be easy to convince the others. The prime reasoning should be that they vowed to protect the King, which also means protectin him from himself.

Oh, I will also need my mother. She will most likely be happy not to be raped anymore. Grandmaester Pycelle will also be needed, but the old lickspittle will most likely comply.

So, with the Kingsguard, mother and Pycelle I enter his private chambers, sit him down and calmy tell him whats what. He will flip out and we restrain him and lock him in for treatment.

Oh, completely forgot: of course first of all Varys must die. Can't trust him.

Of course I can't just usurp the throne from my father. What i would do is declare him insane, put him in his chamber and officially have Maesters treat him. As Crown Prince I am the obvious choice for his regent.

It is important to have as many Lord Paramounts behind this as possible. Apart from freeing them from the risk of an insane monarch, they should get something in return.

Tyrells: Promise Rhaenys to Willas (or Garlan). They get close family ties to the throne.

Dorne: Nothing to do here, my marriage with Elia should be enough.

iron Islands: Fuck them.

Now, the big Southron Ambition Alliance is extremely strong and most of they're family members are either married or betrothed.

Rickard and Jon would probably demand some political compensation like more local autonomy, tax cuts, etc and seats on the small council.

Then I need the Kingsguard. As it seems like I already have Arthur, Gerold and Oswell it should be easy to convince the others. The prime reasoning should be that they vowed to protect the King, which also means protectin him from himself.

Oh, I will also need my mother. She will most likely be happy not to be raped anymore. Grandmaester Pycelle will also be needed, but the old lickspittle will most likely comply.

So, with the Kingsguard, mother and Pycelle I enter his private chambers, sit him down and calmy tell him whats what. He will flip out and we restrain him and lock him in for treatment.

Oh, completely forgot: of course first of all Varys must die. Can't trust him.

Sounds like a plan. 

But you are missing the military part, I guess. 

He needed to control the army of RP to back him up. 

What military part? With the Lord Paramounts happy and the King under control there will be no fight.

And RP = ???

Oh, that is Red Keep. Sorry my bad. 

But I just feel LPs are too far away, although it is important to gain their nominal support, they can not send army to RK to help Rhaegar. 

Rhaegar really needs to have the back up of the city watch to clear the mess after he deposed his father. 

There are still many people who were loyal to Aerys although he is mad. 

They may make a lot of trouble with Rhaegar. 

It's Rhaegar we're talking about, not Viserys

Poisoning the king is a well established Targ tradition. Raeghar liked to read so he was probably aware of how many of his ancestors were removed from the throne by poisoning.

Poisoning the king is a well established Targ tradition. Raeghar liked to read so he was probably aware of how many of his ancestors were removed from the throne by poisoning.

I guess he can hire his brother-in-law AKA red viper to do this? :)

So you abducted Lyanna with the purpose to break up the alliance but unfortunately strengthen their alliance? :)

LOL EASY...

When the king was held captive during the defiance of duskendale. Just as tywin was about to smash the city. They said if you storm the city we kill the king. Tywin was all "meh ok then". Thats when barriston gets all gallant. Wants to stealth it and save him. Tywin gives him the green light..

RIGHT THEN AT THAT VERRY MOMENT.
Just step up behind barra and i duno probably not kill him. But take a leg off hurt him bad....

Oh, that is Red Keep. Sorry my bad. 

But I just feel LPs are too far away, although it is important to gain their nominal support, they can not send army to RK to help Rhaegar. 

Rhaegar really needs to have the back up of the city watch to clear the mess after he deposed his father. 

There are still many people who were loyal to Aerys although he is mad. 

They may make a lot of trouble with Rhaegar. 

Ah, you mean the Targ houseguard. Right, forgot about them. I suppose Rhaegar could take a large group of his own soldiers from Dragonstone to have some swords ready.

The captain of the guard would also have to be convinced. Not knowing who that was, I have no idea whether it would have been easy.

So you abducted Lyanna with the purpose to break up the alliance but unfortunately strengthen their alliance? :)

We are currently before Harrenhall, so before the abducton/ elopement. We would need to split them up from within. Damn, already killed Varys :-D

The king is mad and there are previous Targaryens who burned themselves to death to 'turn into dragons'. I'll do something to make his face unrecognizable, cut all of his hair off, imprison him in Maegor's holdfast or the black cells and announce him dead, kill and burn lord Varys beyond recognition and tell people that's my dad's corpse while Lord Varys is the one imprisoned for bringing false information. Then miss the old man in peace. 

Edit: Ooh and tell Ser Ilyn to take the guy's tongue. He has no need for it. 

The basic rundown:

-Find a way to kill Varys. He's too loyal to Aerys and I won't be able to conspire with his little birds everywhere

-Get Tywin on my side, by promising him to find a way to honorably release Jaime from the KG once my father is out of the way. Offer to name him Hand again also, if he desires

-Get the support of a majority of the Kingsguard, focusing on Gerold (he's Lord Commander), Prince Lewyn (he and Elia on my side mean that the Dornish pretty much have to back me when I make my move), and Jaime (as a bridge to Tywin)

-Convince or bribe the commander of the Gold Cloaks. Replace him (on some pretext) if he refuses

-Strike when the time is right, and send Aerys to Dragonstone. He can keep his crown, but I will rule as regent. Make up some BS to make this seem less like a coup (even though it obviously is)

-Don't fall in love with some Stark girl.   :dunce:

Archived