Margaery's moon tea?

Megz

Did she really ask Maester Pycelle for moon tea? And what for? I thought at first it was a plot to set a trap for Cersei, but at the end idk. It would be so stupid about her that I just can't believe she did it. What do you think? Furthermore, there is waaay to little discussion about Margaery. Hardly any, to be more precise. Do you find her so uninteresting and unworthy? Or is there really nothing much to say about this character?

I think she did ask him for Moon Tea. However, it didn't necessarily have to be for herself. Cersei didn't let Pycelle finish his sentence. He said "Moon Tea, for..." and Cersei is like "I know what Moon Tea is for". But I doubt he was gonna say "Moon Tea for pregnancy/abortion", because everyone knows what it's for. He was gonna say "Moon Tea for [name]". Maybe one of Margaery's friends, cousins and so on.

Or Moon Tea for cramps?

If she requested for it openly, it's likely. Sadly, we haven't yet heard of one case in which Moontea is used for cramps. I kinda feel that, if that had been the intention, Martin would have already introduced the idea of MT being used for other purposes. Of course, it's possible that him being a guy wasn't very aware that contraception can also be used to regulate menstrual periods. Heck, not even many women know it.

I think she was no virgin when she wedded Tommas but she wanted to deceive her way onto the throne.
That deception carried forward till she got herself prego. The moontea was for her imo. I think GRRM intends for Margery to be a lampoonish portrayal of promiscuity for advancement. Not out of her teens yet bedhopped through a string of royals already. I have little doubt she will be in more beds (as many as it takes) to get what she wants. She's Shae only with the advantage of high birthrights.
By the way i'm not slut shaming either Margery or Shae, in fact Shae is one of my favorite characters. Just saying I identify Margery as , well, highborn Shae.

I think she did ask him for Moon Tea. However, it didn't necessarily have to be for herself. Cersei didn't let Pycelle finish his sentence. He said "Moon Tea, for..." and Cersei is like "I know what Moon Tea is for". But I doubt he was gonna say "Moon Tea for pregnancy/abortion", because everyone knows what it's for. He was gonna say "Moon Tea for [name]". Maybe one of Margaery's friends, cousins and so on.

This was my interpretation also. She had many maidens with her, it could have been for anyone of them. It seems unlikely she would go to Pycelle if it were for herself.;) Her character doesn't strike me as being dumb, slutty or blindly ambitious like Cersei.

I remember an old discussion about the possibilities of Marie Antoinette and Ferzen being in fact lovers and the conclusion was that they were not. It's one of those "love stories" people love. Personally, I love the couple (specially after the "Rose of Versailles" anime that marked my childhood and path through puberty, heh). But, the truth is that the logistics for them being actually lovers is impossible: the Queen was always in company of ladies and friends, and at least one person should have been able to say "yes, I saw them". It's always rumours.

And I'm not even mentioning the fact that she was a loving wife and mother.

Marg's case it's similar: she's ALWAYS with her ladies, and I'm sure that she's with even more people. Kettleblack said it was IMPOSSIBLE to find one moment to be alone with her. The chances of her having sex with someone are pretty much zero.

The only moment I can think about it's, in fact, during the time in which she was married to Renly.

About Renly, I see how many have mixed the real bookRenly with the mess that he's in the show. In the show, for those who haven't seen it, he's practically horrified of the thought of having sex with a woman, and Marg. had to enlightened him in the basics of human biology. Like, he's unaware that he NEEDS an heir to keep the Tyrell-Baratheon alliance working.

But bookRenly had ZERO reasons to not having sex with his wife despite his own sexual preferences. Even if they were together for one week, I'm sure they tried to make that week productive. I doubt Renly was the only gay dude in Westeros that had to simply pull down his pants and think of England :dunno:

She should have been aware of the risk. Asking Pycelle for moon tea, even for her cousin is a life threatening risk. I don't think she is that stupid and naive. After all she has Olenna as her mentor. It is way too obvious, next action will be to walk around KL with the words "I am a whore and I like it" embroidered on her gown. Moon tea is not a priviledge of the highest born, her cousin could have asked about it herself, instead of puttin Marg into direct danger of execution and Margeary should have known better that asking Pycelle about it as if he is the only Maester in KL. And isn't it more logical for Marg to ask her cousins to find moon tea for her than vice versa? There must be something more in that... I am more ready to agree that Pycelle lied about it to win Cersei's unstable feelings towards him, rahter than admit Margery was so stupid.

Pycelle was abusing her trust... or medieval version of doctor-patient confidentiality. Maybe there was no concept of such a thing then but that is what he is doing in the story. 

There was such a thing. Maesters are sworn to keep the secrets of the people they serve. Pretty sure it includes medical stuff.

Marg's case it's similar: she's ALWAYS with her ladies, and I'm sure that she's with even more people. Kettleblack said it was IMPOSSIBLE to find one moment to be alone with her. The chances of her having sex with someone are pretty much zero.

The only moment I can think about it's, in fact, during the time in which she was married to Renly.

About Renly, I see how many have mixed the real bookRenly with the mess that he's in the show. In the show, for those who haven't seen it, he's practically horrified of the thought of having sex with a woman, and Marg. had to enlightened him in the basics of human biology. Like, he's unaware that he NEEDS an heir to keep the Tyrell-Baratheon alliance working.

But bookRenly had ZERO reasons to not having sex with his wife despite his own sexual preferences. Even if they were together for one week, I'm sure they tried to make that week productive. I doubt Renly was the only gay dude in Westeros that had to simply pull down his pants and think of England :dunno:

Ugh don't even remind me about show Renly

Good point about Marg and her handmaidens, it does seem unlikely that she's actually had sex with anyone while in KL considering Kettleblack's failed attempts.

It also does seem a little unlikely that she never had sex with Renly...tbh the first time I read through the books I kept expecting a reveal that Marg was carrying Renly's child. At the very least I would've expected them to try.

This really confuses me.  The theories that she was asking for a friend or for cramps makes no sense.  Pycelle was free of Cersei's threats as soon as she was imprisoned, yet unlike the others he does not retract his statement.  He even tells Kevan in the epilogue that he would not have told Cersei accept that she threatened him, implying that it was true, as he again makes no mention of it being false.  If it were for a friend or for cramps he wouldn't even need to retract his statement just say that it was for a friend.  He makes no attempts to change his story, or retract it, then says he wouldn't have told accept he was threatened, so from Pycelles view he told the truth.

That brings us back to Margery not being stupid enough to ask Pycelle when surely Olenna or someone else could have gotten it for her.  If it was some sort of trap, it backfired horribly, and was very stupid to begin with, because the Tyrells need Cersei.  If Cersei is found guilty here Tommen is not king and Margery is not queen, while without some plot the Tyrells still had half the small council and Margery was winning Tommen over very quickly.  In just a few years Tommen would be old enough to not take as much crap from his mom, just like how Joffrey ruled when he wanted to.

In conclusion, I am bamboozled.

I think she was asking for the tea for some of her serving ladies or cousins, some of them seemed a tad more... promiscuous than herself. 

As for the maidenhead, I think it was Renly. Book Renly was smart enough to know he had to consummate the marriage. 

I can't imagine she would ask Pycelle if moon tea were something she genuinely needed, for herself or for one of her ladies. Pycelle is not her maester. I think House Tyrell has their own maester who came with them to Kings Landing? If so, he likely has known and tended Marg all her life - probably assisted when she was born. Her going to Pycelle instead really doesn't make much sense.

Archived