Jon Snows Dreams

Rickyhunt

Jon Snow has 3 dreams I can't figure out I am not very good at solving these cryptic prophecies and dreams.

1. Jon Stands on top of the wall in black ice armor and wields a sword that burns hot in his hand. Men like spiders crawl up the wall and Jon slays a boy and a giant. So I'm thinking this is Jon as Azor Ahai I think his sword would be lightbringer and his armor would be dragon glass which would shine like ice I think. What are your thoughts or interpretation of this?

2. Jon. is in the crypts at winterfell he is scared to go down there the old kingdom of the north are down there he cries out I'm not a stark but although he is scared he knows he must go down. Anyone have theories on this?

3. Bran talks to Jon through a weirwood tree I don't remember a lot about this dream but I would like to know peoples thoughts on it?

I apologize for not giving word for word quotes its been years since I read the books and I don't have a great memory.

1. He plays an important role in the upcoming war/conflict against the Others. Maybe as Azor Ahai.

2. Something important to him is in the crypts of Winterfell. Many theorize it's related to Lyanna's tomb, Rhaegar's harp and so on.

3. Well, it's just that. Bran is now in the weirwood network.

The second dream is the most interesting IMO. It is one of three dreams/visions that people have of a feast of the dead: Dany's vision in the HotU, Theon's dream just before he is taken by the Bolton's, and Jon's. A lot of people attribute dany's vision to the Red Wedding, but there are some important distinctions that  suggest otherwise (the crown, the corpses, etc.), so this might still refer to a future event and we are seeing it from three different perspectives.

Sometimes I dream about it, he said. Im walking down this long empty hall. My voice echoes all around, but no one answers, so I walk faster, opening doors, shouting names. I dont even know who Im looking for. Most nights its my father, but sometimes its Robb instead, or my little sister Arya, or my uncle.

Do you ever find anyone in your dream? Sam asked.

Jon shook his head. No one. The castle is always empty. He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it. Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. Its black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I dont want to. Im afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but its not them Im afraid of. I scream that Im not a Stark, that this isnt my place, but its no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream. He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. Thats when I always wake.

Do you ever find anyone in your dream? Sam asked.

Jon shook his head. No one. The castle is always empty. He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it. Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. Its black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I dont want to. Im afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but its not them Im afraid of. I scream that Im not a Stark, that this isnt my place, but its no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream. He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. Thats when I always wake.

1. Jon is AA. Jon wields a red sword and wears black armor, or in short, has the colors of his house. 

2. Or if we take into account Bran's dream:

The mention of dreams reminded him. “I dreamed about the crow again last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad.”

“And why was that?” Luwin peered through his tube.
“It was something to do about Jon, I think.” The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so than any of the other crow dreams.

It is Ned waiting down in the crypts to tell Jon the truth of his parentage. 

3. Bran is a greenseer in the weirwood network, and like BR< he is now able to awake the powers of others. 

1. Perhaps Azor Ahai?

2. Jon in this dream also mentions that he hears feast in the hall. It's similar dream with Theon's dream. He drems a feast for death. Everyone who is there is dead or will die soon. Jon doesn't come into feast and crypts, probably because he's not dead yet? Maybe avoiding crypts foreshadows that he will not be a dead king(Robb's heir) 

The second dream in the crypts has something to do with his parentage.

"The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but its not them I'm afraid of."
What else is in the crypts besides the old kings of Winter? Lyanna's statue/grave.

The dream of fighting dead men with a flaming sword should be taken with a grain of salt imo, as he had it after he heard about AA. As opposed to Daenerys who had a dream about fighting an army in ice that melted away when she bathed them in dragonfire, while never having heard of the Others or AA.

One is clearly prohetic, and one is up for debate as to whether it was influenced by what the dreamer had heard and seen.

Archived