Scenes that make you laugh out loud - for giggles

sweetsunray

There's been threads on the funniest, most badass and darkest lines... This is not really about "lines" some character says, but about a scene that strike you as so funny you can't help but laugh out loud. It even makes you want to reread it again to laugh some more. Upon a reread of a aCoK chapter today I came across this one, sparking the idea for this thread, just for chukles.

This is after Bran tries to warn Mikken, Chayle and Alebelly that Jojen dreamt they'd drown.

Alebelly was the only one who paid the warning any heed. He went to talk to Jojen himself, and afterward stopped bathing and refused to go near the well. Finally he stank so bad that six of the other guards threw him into a tub of scalding water and scrubbed him raw while he screamed that they were going to drown him like the frogboy had said. Thereafter he scowled whenever he saw Bran or Jojen about the castle, and muttered under his breath.

It was a few days after Alebelly's bath that Ser Rodrik returned to Winterfell with his prisoner, a fleshy young man with fat moist lips and long hair who smelled like a privy, even worse than Alebelly had. (aCoK, Bran 5)

There's been threads on the funniest, most badass and darkest lines... This is not really about "lines" some character says, but about a scene that strike you as so funny you can't help but laugh out loud. It even makes you want to reread it again to laugh some more. Upon a reread of a aCoK chapter today I came across this one, sparking the idea for this thread, just for chukles.

This is after Bran tries to warn Mikken, Chayle and Alebelly that Jojen dreamt they'd drown.

For some reason Stannis "Pray Harder" line just amuses without end. Its such a literal minded military like response to religion that I just think is great. For Stannis all things can be used strategically, even religion. I know he could have just doing his deadpan style of humor, but I prefer to think he meant it.

Stannis and birds.

"No more than he knows me."
"Knows me," cried one of the ravens the maester had left behind. It flapped its big black wings against the bars of its cage.
"Knows," it cried again.
Stannis turned. "Stop that noise."

"Boys," was all he said, disgusted. "Boys will not hold Lord Bolton long."

"Not long," Theon agreed. "Not long at all."
"Not long," cried the raven from its cage.
The king gave the bird an irritated look.

The passage you mentioned of course, that always makes me laugh. I know there's some good one's I can't remember but a couple that come to mind is Jaimie's confrontation with the BF at Riverrun. :lmao: Cracks me up everytime. Also Tyrion presenting the Mountain clans to Tywin was a funny situation.

Davos: Lord Celtigar called it admirable
Stannis: Had I shown him the contents of my privy, he would have called that admirable as well

Melisandre: "His grace is going fond of you."
Jon: "I can tell. He only threatened to behead me twice.'

Stannis: "Who is Gilly?"
Melisandre: "The wet nurse. Your Grace gave her freedom of the castle."
Stannis: "Not for running tales. She's wanted for her teats, not her tongue. I'll have more milk from her, and fewer messages."

Archived