Season 6 - what we know (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

I'm curious where this battle is supposed to be taking place. I'm assuming since Littlefinger and the Vale army probably conquer Winterfell in the first few episodes of the season and wipe out most of the Boltons (including Roose), this would mean Ramsay and his remaining forces would go to Last Hearth where Sansa is supposed to be. That explains why the Umbers are involved in the battle, if its their territory they're defending. Otherwise their presence here just feels random and bizarre.

I thought last season that maybe part of the reason Stannis' plot line was different was because his story is going to be taken by Jon Snow. In the books, Jon tells Stannis how to rally and take the North. But in the show Jon Snow will be doing all that. I could also see Davos going to a Manderly like person to help the last Stark but the person refuses under the pretext that Jon's a bastard.

Personally, if this is the case, I'm super happy for it. It was not Stannis' job to take revenge against the Boltons and for Ned.

We know the identity of the rider going up and down the stairs of the cathedral in King's Landing. It will be Jaime leading Tyrell army to rescue/free Margaery. The High Sparrow will release her without a fight though, for she has turned into a very religious woman (or is pretending) and an instrument of the Faith.

Source: Los Siete Reinos

I wonder where Sansa will be while all this is going on? Will she head for the Wall, and if so will she be allowed to stay there or sent off to safety? Or will she return to the Vale so that she can pick up on where Book Sansa is supposed to be in time for season 7 (given that Jaime's storyline seems to take him into the Riverlands, which is where Book Jaime is - are they trying to get everyone into position for Winds material)?

At the moment, season 6 as a whole seems to be a combination of three things:

1) Catching up with storylines that have fallen by the wayside over the last couple of seasons (Ironborn, Riverlands arc)

2) Finishing off bits for central characters from Dance (Arya's blindness test in Braavos)

3) Slight move into Winds, but not far enough into the book storylines that they will cover the entire book in one season (Tyrion in Meereen; the Faith trials) - this would mean that if Winds is not published until after season 6 is finished, the ending will not be spoiled by the TV show. 

Also agree with RGBeyondAsshai - I too would not be unhappy to see Jon emerge victorious from a 'Snow Off'. 

Stannis could care less about Winterfell. 

Stannis would also correct your grammar here.  :P

I'm assuming since Littlefinger and the Vale army probably conquer Winterfell

I have no clue how this is going to play out and that is awesome. I'm hoping it runs like:

- The vehicle for Jon's revival removes the barrier that would prevent him from utilizing, "Oh, I died, I'm released from my vows," loophole. I mean, enough of a serious character development change as to provide Kit with some different challenges and make the audience rue the path.

- Davos finally acknowledges his poor judgment in following Stannis (and his complicity in Renly's death) and takes the Black. This would be setup for him to eventually be elected a Lord Commander.

- Jon and the Wildlings head to Winterfell with Melisandre, coming across the Umber/Karstark forces with or without Rickon and Osha.

- Ramsay is out searching frantically for Sansa and Reek, leaving Roose to face his foes.

- I honestly do not care who wins the battle.

- Show that Littlefinger has been waiting with the Vale army, which he then leads to take Winterfell.

If it plays out that way I can't wait to see how Petyr handles the missing Sansa scenario.

And here's Arya with the theatre actors

https://instagram.com/p/7ekzcNyjwp/

Dressed as what I'm calling Cat of the Canals even though the show hasn't called her that. My guess is that she sees the company doing their latest masterpiece (love that "Cersei"!) and decides to join up to escape the Waif. And that's how she gets back to Westeros. But she will likely owe the Many-Faced God a few deaths...

I'm in two minds about this. I would love Jon to defeat Ramsay in a "Snow off" and I think it makes more sense for him to do it than Stannis as others have said. However, I'm not a big fan of the whole UnJon thing; I kind of like Jon the way he is (only not dead). Also it would be so much better if Ghost was involved in the fighting, like Grey Wind and Robb. 

I wonder where Sansa will be while all this is going on? Will she head for the Wall, and if so will she be allowed to stay there or sent off to safety? Or will she return to the Vale so that she can pick up on where Book Sansa is supposed to be in time for season 7 (given that Jaime's storyline seems to take him into the Riverlands, which is where Book Jaime is - are they trying to get everyone into position for Winds material)?

At the moment, season 6 as a whole seems to be a combination of three things:

1) Catching up with storylines that have fallen by the wayside over the last couple of seasons (Ironborn, Riverlands arc)

2) Finishing off bits for central characters from Dance (Arya's blindness test in Braavos)

3) Slight move into Winds, but not far enough into the book storylines that they will cover the entire book in one season (Tyrion in Meereen; the Faith trials) - would mean that if Winds is not published until after season 6 is finished, the ending will not be spoiled by the TV show. 

this

Also agree with RGBeyondAsshai - I too would not be unhappy to see Jon emerge victorious from a 'Snow Off'. 

Perhaps Theon takes her to Jon and Jon rallies the North for her. Maybe he marries her to one of the Wildlings, lIke Alys Karstark.

Doesn't Littlefinger have to pass through the Twins with his Vale army ? And will the old Frey let him pass quietly as he's still a Bolton's ally ?

They would have to pass through the Neck at Moat Cailin, the Twins is more to the west and LF would be coming from the Vale in the east. He would just need to take the Kingsroad north and wouldn't need to cross the Green Fork for any reason

But yeah if the Bolton allies are still at Moat Cailin they would probably let LF pass with his army if they believed he was coming to aid the Boltons

People are going to be so outraged about euron having a mustache/mutton chops combo.

I cringed when I saw that, people who are down on the show will have a field day with it.

I try to keep away from spoilers, but I really wanted to see how things were shaping up for season 6 after the mixed reactions for last season. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Archived