Bubonicon discussion (ALL BOOKS SPOILERS!)

JonCon's Red Beard

If he was going to a be a major actor against the others and had a major role to play in the story then its very unlikely that the show would kill him off, it would make zero sense to do that. So either  he is alive in the show and alive forever in the books, or hes dead in the show and shortly about to die in the books.

You give far to much credit to david benioff. This is the same man who killed random people in troy who didn't die in the illad- but to keep inside the OP- all in all Daenerys vision is pretty freakin clear- the usurps banner on the trident. Stannis fight's Daenerys at some point. What the outcome of the battle is- well we don't know. I suspect that Stannis will lose and die then. Thought i have seen arguments that have himfighting the others- regardless I think he dies. He sort of has to to move Westeros past any threat of civil war.

You give far to much credit to david benioff. This is the same man who killed random people in troy who didn't die in the illad- but to keep inside the OP- all in all Daenerys vision is pretty freakin clear- the usurps banner on the trident. Stannis fight's Daenerys at some point. What the outcome of the battle is- well we don't know. I suspect that Stannis will lose and die then. Thought i have seen arguments that have himfighting the others- regardless I think he dies. He sort of has to to move Westeros past any threat of civil war.

Add to that Dany slaying the lie of the blue eyed king with no shadow, and Stannis' vision of a crown burning a king, and I think it's fair to say that Dany and Stannis will meet, and Dany will probably kill him.  Most likely because he refuses to bend the knee.  Like in the show, his mercenaries will probably defect, though this tiime it is because they don't want to face dragons.

Absolutely not.

Shireen, if she survives, becomes a very important figure because just by marriage to her, any Lord can make a serious claim to not only Storm's End but also to entire Westeros. Besides, Stannis does not seem like he will have another trueborn child. So, Shireen will end up as the last trueborn Baratheon if she survives.

I really don't see how Shireen really is that important for a marriage or for succession purposes. You have to remember that she has visible scarring from Greyscale. In the books world, she is basically cursed. It would be very difficult for her to find a lord willing to marry off there son to her, and then there would be the inevitable question of if Greyscale some how leaves her infertile, which even if it is not a side affect, the Westeros, I am pretty confident that people would believe this (again no evidence that it is true, but we haven't heard of a woman infected giving birth). 

Also, if Stannis dies, and I do believe that he will at some point, his house would be exiled. His bannerman have dwindled and they have absolutely no castle to call home at this point because Dragonstone has been taken, Stannis has even declared his seat to be the Night's Fort for the time being. And then you have to take into consideration, that in the south, people do not follow woman as leaders for the most part, or else Brienne would be the perfect person to follow her father when he dies. 

I hope I am wrong about Shireen, but I think her true purpose in the story has pretty much passed. She introduce Greyscale and proves that at the worst the disease can go dormant for many years, if not cured, and to move Davos's story line along and show the growth of him as a character. 

^In the books Pyat Pree and the Warlocks. (Seriously, can't say this with a straight face. I feel like I'm talking about some cheesy band :lol: ) are already with Euron, who captured them as they were sailing for Pentos (they were presumably searching for Dany, as that is where her ships were headed). From the App it is suggested that [spoiler] Victarion's Draghorn was not found in Valyria, but was taken from the Warlcoks [/spoiler]
So whatever Euron is up to, it seems that in the books at least, the Warlocks are also caught up in that. As Euron is seemingly going to appear next season, I assume they will just include him without the Warlocks (and maybe without the Draghorn too, idk)

Pyat Pree and the Warlocks hahahaha. Sounds like a band....

What about Sandor Clegane a.k.a. The Hound?

His fate is ambigious in both show and books. In the show he asks Arya to mercy kill him but she leaves not doing it, so he is assumed dead as of season 4.

It's nearly the same in the books, except we have the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle.

What about Barristan?

Many believe Victarion will kill him. I doubt it, honestly. Maybe he returns to Westeros. I hope so. #TeamStrongBelwas.

And yes. It has been foreshadowed that Dany and Stannis will meet.

Barristan surviving to the end will only aggrivate against the show more for last season.

The Revenge of GRRM, just like I bet Sansa gets a better storyline in the books too.

Technically, Barristan is not that much of a better and important character that he cannot change his situation. He can make him survive without altering the storyline very much. So, yes, that's one of the character he could have feel the show "inspired" him to modify.

Technically, Barristan is not that much of a better and important character that he cannot change his situation. He can make him survive without altering the storyline very much. So, yes, that's one of the character he could have feel the show "inspired" him to modify.

yeah, agreed. Sansa though, her destiny and I think her doom is inevitable but her story will not be as bleak as what the show did to her. Still, once in a while. that scene haunts me and disgusts me still.

I've never bought the foreshadowing claim that Vic will kill Barristan. Barristan sees his reflection in some water, and sees a 'stranger' staring back. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Stranger (Death) is coming for Barristan. It could show that Barristan himself is an aspect of the Stranger. Given the number of people Barristan has killed, that could be very appropriate. Also, he saw his reflection in fresh water, not sea water. That would seem to indicate that if indeed the Stranger is coming for him, it won't be in the form of an Ironborn (sea water-linked), but a fresh-water linked character. (Rhoynar/ Dornish or riverlander).

Stannis has been foreshadowed to die, then rise again as UnStannis, by none other than Tywin Lannister. "The man will fight to the bitter end and then some."  

What about Sandor Clegane a.k.a. The Hound?

His fate is ambigious in both show and books. In the show he asks Arya to mercy kill him but she leaves not doing it, so he is assumed dead as of season 4.

It's nearly the same in the books, except we have the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle.

I didn't assume he was dead in season 4. He was bellowing at the top of his lungs after a heavy hint about a maester behind a rock. In the books, he was gradually weakened until he just couldn't go on, he had a fever and was dying in agony.

Just remembering, there was also the bite from Biter, they really should have brought that up. But I figured someone would run across him. Same thing I hoped would happen in the books. So no, I never assumed he was dead in either case. But especially not the show.

I didn't assume he was dead in season 4. He was bellowing at the top of his lungs after a heavy hint about a maester behind a rock. In the books, he was gradually weakened until he just couldn't go on, he had a fever and was dying in agony.

Just remembering, there was also the bite from Biter, they really should have brought that up. But I figured someone would run across him. Same thing I hoped would happen in the books. So no, I never assumed he was dead in either case. But especially not the show.

They mentioned his Biter bite (:lol:) a few times with Arya. She kept telling him to try and cauterise it, use fire etc. but he wouldn't. I think she washed it with boiling wine at some point, I'm not too sure. So he still had that on top of the fight injuries.

Add to that Dany slaying the lie of the blue eyed king with no shadow, and Stannis' vision of a crown burning a king, and I think it's fair to say that Dany and Stannis will meet, and Dany will probably kill him.  Most likely because he refuses to bend the knee.  Like in the show, his mercenaries will probably defect, though this tiime it is because they don't want to face dragons.

urgh talk about the contrivance of giving that special snowflake, Daenerys, even more 'victories'. Although considering Martin's boner for her, I can see it happen in the books.
If it's that or what the show had, then I prefer the latter.
Oh and Daenerys wouldn't kill him, she would have him killed, she passes the sentence but doesn't 'swing the sword', she doesn't get her delicate hands dirty.

They mentioned his Biter bite ( :lol:) a few times with Arya. She kept telling him to try and cauterise it, use fire etc. but he wouldn't. I think she washed it with boiling wine at some point, I'm not too sure. So he still had that on top of the fight injuries.

I know, trust me, I have seen their scenes many times. They should have brought it up in his last scene.

urgh talk about the contrivance of giving that special snowflake, Daenerys, even more 'victories'. Although considering Martin's boner for her

She's his character and one of the main ones. Every time Jon or Stannis do something right are we also mean to imply he has a boner for them? :dunno:

Archived