euron has been casted

ToTheWolves

On 8.09.2015 at 1:24 PM, Damp Hair - The Prophet said:

Casting Euron significantly younger on the show makes me even more convinced he could be a (at least plausible) sort of "love interest" for Khaleesi Dany.

Haha, I haven't thoughy about that, but yes. Goodbye, Victarion.

Also, this guy looks twenty five, but in the universe where Missandei is a shapely young woman who shows us tits, the Hound is twenty years older than his brother and Balon is an antique, I'm really out of whine by now. And this uncle Euron indeed has a Greyjoy look, so that's a plus.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2016 at 6:50 AM, White Harbors Wrath said:

Easily the worst casted and/or worst written character in the series so far.

Did the Sand Snakes suddenly stop existing? (I guess they sort of did :wacko:)

He was superbly underwhelming and unthreatening, but I don't know if he's truly the worst of the worst.

I've been unimpressed thus far with his performance as well, and as far as the writing goes yeah "let's go murder them" isn't giving him the best to work with.

He actually did get some great lines in his intro scene with Balon though and delivered them in underwhelming fashion.  That whole scene was poorly directed.

15 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Did the Sand Snakes suddenly stop existing? (I guess they sort of did :wacko:)

He was superbly underwhelming and unthreatening, but I don't know if he's truly the worst of the worst.

Actually I'd argue he is. No one likes the Sand Snakes...but while the Dornish story sucks on the show, the SS were never OMG amazing type characters. They were interesting at best. So to have three ladies cast in marginal parts by hack writers trying to make them seem like these super #empowered women....it's really not surprising nor incredibly disappointing.

Euron however, out of all the characters in aSoIaF is one of the more visual and begging for screen adaptation characters. It's not like it needs to be down to the blue lips, I understand some of stuff in the books would look ridiculous (Darios hair colors as an example)...but the eyepatch missing and a guy with mutton chops looking like one of the missing cast members of Animal House has ZERO of the swagger of book Euron. And he's one of the easiest to get right.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:50 AM, White Harbors Wrath said:

Easily the worst casted and/or worst written character in the series so far.

I think this right.  I think Mance Rayder might be close.  It's hard for me to say, because I really like the actor who played him.  But he just wasn't the physical presence Mance ought to be.

13 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Yes he would.  I was also just thinking Ray Stevenson, another Black Sails pirate, might have been decent.  McGowan would have been better.

I've seen Toby Stephens' name thrown around for Jon Connington too. Black Sails has a great cast, most of them would find great roles on Game of Thrones. Arthur Dayne was played by Woodes Rogers. 

1 minute ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

I've seen Toby Stephens' name thrown around for Jon Connington too. Black Sails has a great cast, most of them would find great roles on Game of Thrones. Arthur Dayne was played by Woodes Rogers. 

Toby Stephens also would be a much better Euron than what we have.  There's just no menace in him.

On 25/05/2016 at 11:48 PM, Forlong the Fat said:

Toby Stephens also would be a much better Euron than what we have.  There's just no menace in him.

Lot's of people would be better Eurons than that chubby butter ball.

It's really weird that the show insisted to make all the Greyjoys with pretty ratty looking when in the books Theon and Asha are described as very attractive. 

But yeah, Euron is the same mistake as Mance, two distinctive characters who, in the show are/were just another Ironborn/ just another Wildling.

Still better than the Xena: the Warrior Princess villains they made out of the Sandsnakes.

I kind of like the idea that the show is swapping elements of Victarion and Euron while making ShowDaario into Victarion.

We have a solid idea from the HotU prophecy that one of the Greyjoy brothers will marry Danaerys and sire her second child. Both BookVictarion and BookEuron (who may or may not be BookDaario) are pretty flawed, and neither is worthy of Danaerys, especially with the pedestal HBO seems to want her on. But if they take the worst elements of BookVictarion (dumb brute) and shift them into Euron while giving Victarion/Daario Euron's best elements (cunning, sexy) they'd wind up with a Victarion/Daario that they'd feel comfortable shipping with Kelly C.

I'm not predicting this btw: I'm of the opinion that they're likely going to be skipping child #2 entirely, which is a shame considering the relevance to the prophecy (but then HBO didn't actually INCLUDE the HotU prophecy at all) but I think it would be an elegant solution to a problem they've created for themselves.

Archived