What if Renly Survived?

UFT

Sunshine and candy for everyone. And puppies. And Rainbows. And Rainbow Puppies. And Puppy Rainbows.

Renly would have taken out Stannis, Not sure about Tywin and King's Landing. Wedteros would have a good king on the IT now and if Robb wasn't a complete idiot/puppet for his bannermen they might even found an arrangement the North could accept. Possibly this would involve handing over Sansa or marrying her to Willas.

On the negative side the Riverlands would still be a complete mess and Mellisandre wouldn't have made it to the wall (assuming she is going to do something important up there).

melisandre is too late, and renly's knights overrun and capture stannis. 

what happens to WoFK and westeros?

who bends the knee?

The Lannisters bend the knee with bad/mediocre terms.

Starks bend the knee with decent terms.

Renly becomes King. If he is smart enough to kill Littlefinger + Varys, he will rule quite long. If not, well... 

Renly becomes King. If he is smart enough to kill Littlefinger + Varys, he will rule quite long. If not, well... 

Tbh, he probably wouldn't even get the chance. Varys might mysteriously dissappear only to show up one night. I doubt he'd take the risk pretending to be loyal. Maybe, but Renly isn't Robert and Varys knows it.

Tbh, he probably wouldn't even get the chance. Varys might mysteriously dissappear only to show up one night. I doubt he'd take the risk pretending to be loyal. Maybe, but Renly isn't Robert and Varys knows it.

Quite possibly. OTOH, IIRC, Renly was quite fond of verbally sparring with Littlefinger which might have given the impression that he wouldn't just take their heads. 

Quite possibly. OTOH, IIRC, Renly was quite fond of verbally sparring with Littlefinger which might have given the impression that he wouldn't just take their heads. 

Good point, the truth is we don't really know THAT much about Renly. Not enough to know for sure what he would do with those two.
And to be fair to Robert as well, who could really know that Varys was plotting to create unrest in the realm? It's not that easy to figure out, you could assume he's up to something but actively trying to create instability isn't something you'd expect.

The Others would have been laughing their asses out if Renly was king. 

Or he could have a fight with Dany over who has the better hair style. But gotta admit I don't see Dany fighting for such thing. 

On more serious note, pretty much this:

Sunshine and candy for everyone. And puppies. And Rainbows. And Rainbow Puppies. And Puppy Rainbows.

Or he could have a fight with Dany over who has the better hair style. But gotta admit I don't see Dany fighting for such thing. 

The Others would be laughing at a popular King with widespread support? I doubt it

I think the Others are far more amused at the broken realm they face currently as oppose to the one they would find under Renly.

Edit: ninja'd by ramsay :(

With Robb and his North men defending the Wall, backed by the Iron Throne and with access to all the Obsidian on Dragonstone, I doubt it.

Is it just me who thinks Renly might have been able to cut a deal even with Mance?

Renly  didn't believe in mystical powers that exist in Planetos and would not create defense from the Others , until too late.

He might take Kings Landing and defeat Lannister , though most likely he would try to make deal with all of the Houses , neither he nor House Tyrell have much stomach for prolonged war.

His claim for the throne also rests only on the military power  of houses backing him  , not on laws of succession , so anyone with more power can claim throne after him, and lot of factions would aim for that , Varys  could even try to assasinate him ( not so hard to accomplish) 

Archived