Are Cersei and Jaime the children of Aerys?

Rickyhunt

I was thinking about Jamie's fever dream about his mother his mother says All Tywin wanted was for his son to be a knight and his daughter a queen to which Jamie responds I am a knight and cersei is a queen and then his mother has a tear roll down her face.

She says Tywin wanted his children to be so brave and beautiful that no one would ever laugh at them as this is Tywin biggest fear he hated how people treated his father and his family but when we think of tyrion people constantly laugh at him to the annoyance of Tywin he jousts on a pig and is a dwarf constantly embarrassing his family with frequent whoring and drunkenness could tyrion ironically be the only child who is tywins?

I know A+J=T is a popular theory and a lot of people want tyrion to be the third head of the dragon but I have never really believed in the theory

Does anyone have any additional evidence?

I think joffrey's hair is almost white blond in the show and Tyrion's is sandy blonde. Yes Tyrion's is white blond in the books but maybe the show's producers didn't want to give us that red herring and instead a different clue. I personally think it would be the greatest irony and in favor of the twins being targaryens.

I think joffrey's hair is almost white blond in the show and Tyrion's is sandy blonde. Yes Tyrion's is white blond in the books but maybe the show's producers didn't want to give us that red herring and instead a different clue. I personally think it would be the greatest irony and in favor of the twins being targaryens.

Character depictions in the show aren't always spot on, nor are they relevant to the books. Kit Harrington has black hair, but Jon Snow's hair is brown.

Cersei and Jaime are Tywin's evil children don't put those freaks on Aerys(though the Targs are not so great)

Aerys is a freak so I don't know why of all the possible reasons for this ridiculous theory to be false that you would latch onto that.

TWOIAF makes it sound like Aerys was nowhere near Joanna when the twins would have been conceived.  She left King's Landing shortly after marrying Tywin and lived at Casterly Rock.  The twins weren't born until three years into the marriage.

GRRM personally added that Joanna did visit King's Landing the year before Tyrion was born though.  That along with all the other Targ-esque things in Tyrion's arc have led me to one conclusion...GRRM is trolling us on Tyrion.  The entire point of making him seem like he could be a Targ is so that characters in-story (including Tyrion himself) will wonder about his paternity when he ends up riding a dragon.  Wouldn't surprise me if in fact Tyrion is Tywin's and the twins aren't, just because it seems the author has gone to such great lengths to get us thinking the opposite.  A giant golden herring, if you will.

On the other hand...Cersei and Jaime could be not Tywin's and still not be Aerys' kids either.  

It could of course be, but I think that the relations between Tywin and Tyrion and its significance would be demolish if Tyrion wasn't Tywin's, same with Jaime and Cersei. I'm a bit short on time but I'll try to get back later for a longer post.

I've never bought that argument.  But I still think Tyrion is Tywin's son.

TWOIAF makes it sound like Aerys was nowhere near Joanna when the twins would have been conceived.  She left King's Landing shortly after marrying Tywin and lived at Casterly Rock.  The twins weren't born until three years into the marriage.

GRRM personally added that Joanna did visit King's Landing the year before Tyrion was born though.  That along with all the other Targ-esque things in Tyrion's arc have led me to one conclusion...GRRM is trolling us on Tyrion.  The entire point of making him seem like he could be a Targ is so that characters in-story (including Tyrion himself) will wonder about his paternity when he ends up riding a dragon.  Wouldn't surprise me if in fact Tyrion is Tywin's and the twins aren't, just because it seems the author has gone to such great lengths to get us thinking the opposite.  A giant golden herring, if you will.

On the other hand...Cersei and Jaime could be not Tywin's and still not be Aerys' kids either.  

The problem I have with this argument is that Tyrion being Aerys' bastard is very much a minority view. If GRRM was trying to get everyone to think Tyrion is Aerys' bastard just to say, "Surprise! It is really the twins who are Aerys' bastard", then he has failed miserably. For A+J=T to be an effective red herring most people would actually have to believe it.

Why ?  Because he killed his daddy ?

No, because it's rather silly to say that it would somehow ruin the dynamic between them and the tragedy of their situation. Or that it would make Tywin's treatment of Tyrion justified, which is another one that gets thrown out sometimes.

In my opinion it would just make Tyrion and Tywin's relationship a bit more complex by adding a layer.  It changes the dynamic, but it doesn't ruin, cheapen, or lessen it in any way.  I have this crazy thing where I trust the author to be able to write any twist in a way that works and adds to the story.  Odd, I know, but I've always been quirky. ;)

I'd certainly prefer this to Tyrion being Aerys child. At least it adds something to their characters instead of simply letting one off the hook for murdering their own father.

Not really.  He still thought Tywin was his father when he pulled the trigger, or whatever it is crossbows have.  And he's still a blood relative so the kinslayer thing still applies, just to a slightly lesser degree.

And it also would have the added irony of Tyrion killing Jaime's father while Jaime killed Tyrion's.

I was thinking about Jamie's fever dream about his mother his mother says All Tywin wanted was for his son to be a knight and his daughter a queen to which Jamie responds I am a knight and cersei is a queen and then his mother has a tear roll down her face.

She says Tywin wanted his children to be so brave and beautiful that no one would ever laugh at them as this is Tywin biggest fear he hated how people treated his father and his family but when we think of tyrion people constantly laugh at him to the annoyance of Tywin he jousts on a pig and is a dwarf constantly embarrassing his family with frequent whoring and drunkenness could tyrion ironically be the only child who is tywins?

I know A+J=T is a popular theory and a lot of people want tyrion to be the third head of the dragon but I have never really believed in the theory

Does anyone have any additional evidence?

I saw a vid about that. while its not likely cause Aerys would have gloated about it. Jaime and Cersei are Narcissus in the fleash. Wouldn't that be ironic, the son tywin wants is not his son, the son he hates was his son. Now if Tyrion was aerys dad,  That would mean two half brothers killed each other's father.

I'd certainly prefer this to Tyrion being Aerys child. At least it adds something to their characters instead of simply letting one off the hook for murdering their own father.

I think it would be a neat twist if Jaime and Tyrion both killed eachothers father's.

As to the A+J=C&J, TWoIaF pretty much put that to rest. It certainly played with idea of A+J=T though....

The fact that Cersei and Jaime possess the classic Lannister looks is a crucial piece of evidence that can debunk this theory. Don't they both have emerald green eyes flecked with gold, that Tywin also has? That's a very specific physical trait. With Tyrion there's possible clues in his physical appearance. 

But really, Tywin doesn't seem like the type who would let Aerys do what he willed with his wife, king or no king. He served as his Hand for 20 years, and only quit after Aerys named Jaime to the Kingsguard. There is no way Tywin would value Jaime as his heir that much if he had doubts that he was his father. 

The fact that Cersei and Jaime possess the classic Lannister looks is a crucial piece of evidence that can debunk this theory. Don't they both have emerald green eyes flecked with gold, that Tywin also has? That's a very specific physical trait. With Tyrion there's possible clues in his physical appearance. 

But really, Tywin doesn't seem like the type who would let Aerys do what he willed with his wife, king or no king. He served as his Hand for 20 years, and only quit after Aerys named Jaime to the Kingsguard. There is no way Tywin would value Jaime as his heir that much if he had doubts that he was his father. 

Cersei and Jaime's mother Joanna was a Lannister in her own right, and could have passed on the Lannister traits.

Tywin not suspecting Jaime and Cersei's parentage doesn't prove anything. The fact that he did suspect Tyrion's parentage kinda undercuts your second paragraph.

For sure and Cersei is going to go full circle and try and burn KL like Aerys did, then hopefully Jamie will kill her, then sadly she will kill him too and they can die embracing like he wants.

Fantastic story idea, when i thought of the Cersei doing a Aerys on KL i almost shat myself with excitment ;)

Archived