Quick Questions (From all 5 books) Spoiler Alert

House_Targaryen

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day. Without further a due, here are my questions:

Is Yara and Asha the same person? I know Asha is the daughter of Balon Greyjoy on the iron islands, but who is Yara?

What makes the wall so magical and how did Bran the Builder exactly build it? 

Question about warging: Why doesn't Bran warg into his enemies (Lannisters/Boltons) and commit suicide? Wouldn't he just turn into Bran once again when he dies?

Did the Bravosii Syrio Forelle die when fighting off the members on the Kingsguard?

Last but not least, in the books who did the members on the Small Council have loyalty for?

Pycelle - Lannister

Littlefinger - ?? Answer

Varys- Targaryen 

Qyburn-?? Answer

~House_Targaryen

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day. Without further a due, here are my questions:

Is Yara and Asha the same person? I know Asha is the daughter of Balon Greyjoy on the iron islands, but who is Yara?

Question about warging: Why doesn't Bran warg into his enemies (Lannisters/Boltons) and commit suicide? Wouldn't he just turn into Bran once again when he dies?

Did the Bravosii Syrio Forelle die when fighting off the members on the Kingsguard?

Last but not least, in the books who did the members on the Small Council have loyalty for?

Pycelle - Lannister

Littlefinger - ?? Answer

Varys- Targaryen 

Qyburn-?? Answer

~House_Targaryen

1) That is show discussion and not allowed in the books forums.

2) Unconfirmed, but most likely thousands of blood sacrifices

3) Warging normal humans is not easy. Doing at such a distance might be impossible

4) Probably, we never see him again. Unless you subscribe to the Jaqen=Syrio theories.

5) Littlefinger is his own man. Varys not confirmed, might be Targ, Blackfyre or independent. Qyburn is loyal to whoever allows him to continue his research.

This belongs in the show discussion area  :) 

Not sure about this one.

Think Bran could only warg Hodor because Hodor was simple, don't think it's easy to warg a normal person.

I don't think he's still alive, I think Trant killed him after Arya escaped. But this is not confirmed so  :dunno: 

Pycelle - Lannister 

Littlefinger - ?? Answer I think he serves himself most likely, doesn't seem to be loyal to anyone in particular 

Varys- Targaryen I guess he supports Aegon

Qyburn-?? Answer I'm guessing at Cersei but I think there's a theory somewhere suggesting he's in league with the Martells. Don't know how plausible that is though.

~House_Targaryen

Hope this helps 

Same person, different name.

Essentially, no one knows for sure. There are lots of hints, though. Maybe bloodmagic is involved, maybe magic of the CotF, maybe the Others build it.

Time and space matter, to paraphrase Snape.  :D Also, Hodor is easier to warg due to having some sort of cognitive disability. No evidence he could warg anyone else yet.

Most likely yes. There are theories he is still alive though.

Pycelle - Lannister

Littlefinger - ?? Answer Littlefinger

Varys- Targaryen Probably actually Blackfyre, but Targ might be his second favorite.

Qyburn-?? Answer Cercei so far.

~House_Targaryen

Hellop.

We have a thread for small questions. It's pinned in this same subforum.

There is also a subforum for show questions.

Now..

There is no character named "Yara" in the books. The original character is Asha, that's the real name of Balon's daughter and Theon's sister. HBO thought we were so stupid that we would mix Asha with Osha, the wildling. So, they changed it.

That's kind of a mystery that is discussed often around here. There is no clear answer.

Technically, yes. He could "jump off" the person he warged before he died.

But, there are rules and stuff. There is one character mentioning it's an abomination. Also, he's just learning. With Hodor was easy because he's a simpleton. Warging a person probably needs more effort and strength he still does not have.

It's likely he did. He was a good swordman but Trant got the advantage there.

If you mean the current members of the SM:

Pycelle is loyal to the Lannisters and Tywin. In his way, I think he's loyal to the Realm, but he would be more loyal to a realm leaded by Tywin. Dunno if you have read the books, but in the book 4 and 5, is implied he's aware Cersei is a mess of a ruler.

Littlefinger is loyal to Littlefinger. What he's up to is one of the biggest mysteries of the books so far. Many speculate he only wants as much power as he can. To me, he wants to have enough power to destroy those who wronged him: so far, he has achieved it: House Stark, House Tully and soon, House Arryn.

While in the show, Varys is loyal to Dany (despite he had zero problem with her getting killed in Season 1

[spoiler]
It's later revealed in the books that he, supposedly, saved Aegon Targaryen, Rhaegar Targaryen's son, and has protected him all of this years. Mostly of Varys' actions can be explained by him in fact being in combination with Illyrio in order to help Aegon to land in Westeros and take his father's throne. Dany was always a wild card for him. He needed to give Aegon's legitimacy, but she was never an important part of the plan.
[/spoiler]

As this character doesn't exist in the show, Varys' loyalty lies with Dany here.

Qyburn seems to simply be an enthusiast of the things he does. He's loyal to Cersei in books because she's some sort of patron for him. Even after she was arrested by the Faith, he tried to help her.

Archived