The Original Daenerys

Little Bird Sansa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-BvhKgzQAPlz tell me how this is good acting? She can barely say her lines right, she looks so uncomfortable. Again she was much better the first season.

I think shes fine in that scene. Shes basically doing an every day posh english schoolgirl, and its pretty realistic. However, shes acting Littlefinger out of the park in that scene, I've still yet to understand what the hell he thinks hes doing with his accent.

I think shes fine in that scene. Shes basically doing an every day posh english schoolgirl, and its pretty realistic. However, shes acting Littlefinger out of the park in that scene, I've still yet to understand what the hell he thinks hes doing with his accent.

When I first hear Aiden Gillen speak his natural voice, I spit out my soda. I never saw that or heard that coming.

When I first hear Aiden Gillen speak his natural voice, I spit out my soda. I never saw that or heard that coming.

I've seen him in a bunch of stuff and hes always spending his entire time trying to get over his irish accent. I noticed him first in the Wire when he stood out like a sore thumb as flat out the worst performance in the whole thing. Its baffling what he does in GoT. Has anyone got any news as to why his accent has gone from 'cockney barrow boy' in season one, to 'ah b'jesus, cheeky irish funster' in season 5. Is it on purpose or did he just get lazy?

I've seen him in a bunch of stuff and hes always spending his entire time trying to get over his irish accent. I noticed him first in the Wire when he stood out like a sore thumb as flat out the worst performance in the whole thing. Its baffling what he does in GoT. Has anyone got any news as to why his accent has gone from 'cockney barrow boy' in season one, to 'ah b'jesus, cheeky irish funster' in season 5. Is it on purpose or did he just get lazy?

They could always say the Vale is causing his allergies to bother him.

I think Sophie Turner is phenomenal! She wasn't great in the first season and has gotten steadily better until suddenly I realized she's starting to outshine Maisie Williams. I think Emilia Clarke is a convincing Dany and to me, she looks right.

Agree with you about Emilia, but not about Sophie. I think she's just right for Sansa, but "outshining Maisie" is overdoing it just a bit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-BvhKgzQAPlz tell me how this is good acting? She can barely say her lines right, she looks so uncomfortable. Again she was much better the first season.

I think Sansa is meant to look dumb and incompetent here since she has to be shown as poor liar. This is not Turner's fault, this is to keep the impression upright that Sansa is still very young and clueless, in order to defy her looks that so very much betray that she is not fourteen anymore.
The actress has simply grown - literally - out of being little naive Sansa. They had to alter her story to stay anyhow believable. No way Turner could have played sweet playful virginal Alayne of the new chapter in season five or six. She would have been ridiculous.
So they had to adapt the role to the actress and to let her grow up in later series. No, imo she is far better as actress now, though my opinion may be influenced by being more interested in more grownup show Sansa than in book Sansa - so far.

I don't think she has got worse, she's improved a bit, but unfortunately the script has called for her to stretch herself to a point where she is simply incapable of pulling off what she needs to do.

Clarke was quite good in season 1, and really very good in season 3, in fact better than good in S3E4 the "Dracarys" episode speaking High Valyrian. As has been noted several times she has always been good, seemingly a different person when speaking Valyrian. She was very good in season 5 in the rather long dialog with Peter Dinklage. I still think she needs an 'actors' director.
One thing about her , with that wig, she comes off as an ethereal Valyrian , an almost uncanny image.

Archived