Big Bang Theory: It's so sad now

Ser Scot A Ellison

That was a weak episode.  It couldn't decide where they wanted to go with Bernie's pregnancy anouncement then went with drunken karoke for cheap non-laughs.  They need to decide what they want to do black humor that explores socially awkward people or slapstick.  If the later the sooner the series ends the better. 

I'm starting to think that Bernie's the one who will take off.  She was getting really uncomfortable with all the "baby" talk going on.  Perhaps she sees her own identity as a strong intellegent woman being subsumed into the roll of "the first one to have a baby and become a mother"?  Perhaps she will walk after the birth.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, Jerol said:

Given that Sheldon found coitus to be a rather pleasant experience and obviously Amy enjoyed it, my guess is that the two of them will take less than a year before it happens again. Maybe they should just drop it into a conversation late in the season that the two of them have been engaging in regular coitus for quite a while and then get a reaction from the rest.

Sheldon could easily be seen as a father but an infuriating one. He'd probably be too analytical about raising kids, rather like Leonard's mother.  

I could easily see the opposite from Sheldon. Think back when he had all of the cats, how much he adored them. The bird episode, he was all about it, loving it and such. You could easily see him being a doting father of HIS baby. Because HIS baby would be the greatest!

Pretty good episode, and Kaley...damnnnnn!

Nice to hear Batman himself rating batmen! Nice throw back episode with some old faces too, Kripke hitting on Leonards mom was a little bit awesome. Leslie WInkle was exactly herself, a little smarter and quicker witted than all the fellas.

The problem I have with the milestone episodes is that they authors rarely know how to conceptualize them. It is always the same recipe, a bit of nostalgia, return of some old characters etc. And here, all of that would have worked perfectly if they knew why they brought Kripkie, Winkle and Beverly back. Yeah, let's put them all to the party wasn't the best solution. It was cute and I liked some of the moments, but I had the same feeling like when I watched Harry Potter and DH p.2. What a waste of talent.

I'm just catching up on missed episodes. For Sheldon's birthday, Adam West was a lot of fun but so similar to Prof. Proton and Spike Lee appearances. Penny's cleavage was the standout star of the episode by a long way, and Kripke and Winkle were really showing their age. Leonard's mom didn't seem that much of a cougar relative to Kripke, and overall it felt like the group was far too old for recent weddings, lots of singletons and the first pregnancy of the group.

5 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I'm just catching up on missed episodes. For Sheldon's birthday, Adam West was a lot of fun but so similar to Prof. Proton and Spike Lee appearances. Penny's cleavage was the standout star of the episode by a long way, and Kripke and Winkle were really showing their age. Leonard's mom didn't seem that much of a cougar relative to Kripke, and overall it felt like the group was far too old for recent weddings, lots of singletons and the first pregnancy of the group.

I must have missed that episode. :P

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Finally, an actual funny episode.  Leonard and Sheldon... step-brothers?  

Have to say that Christine Baranski is on the fire these days. She was amazing in The Good Wife finale and her Beverly scenes this year was as usual, hilarious. I need their mothers be on the show on more regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived