LEFTOVERS .. 2% of threads disappear (SPOILERS)

Howdyphillip

Isn't it kind of unusual to get to this juncture of the season without an announcement about whether it's being continued or not?

I believe that last year, Season 2 wasn't announced until after the season was finished. I am only going by memory by this so I may be mistaken.  

If this show ends without ever telling us what happened to everyone... I will be very put-out...lol

Huh, then you will be put out.

They already said that the Departure is and will stay a mystery. Both for viewers and characters. It's not meant to be resolved, it's just the premise and characters have to deal with the aftermath.

Didn't you understand the hidden message of the writers when Nora laughed about the Demon nonsense?

I really hope this isn't the last season, or at least if it is, that they knew it going in so we don't have another Deadwood on our hands. To me this season has been far superior to last season and I am really getting into it.

I wonder how the episode would've been had Kevin picked a different outfit. This episode was the most bizarre, yet most gripping so far this season. There were so many little details of this episode I really liked especially the birds trying to escape the hotel. Haha, don't drink the water. Nice to see some old characters too.

Ha, I called it about Virgil killing himself to be Jack's Kevin's guide in The Beyooond. 

Did they really pull a "Of course, this is happening inside your head, Harry, buy why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" moment?

Anyway, this show is weird in that I enjoy every episode like a self-contained short story, but it sort of collapses under its own weight when I think about it as a whole, I don't know. I'd rather Lindelof just pick up a piece of mythology and run with it, even if it's the demon Azrael or whatever, because all the flip-flopping or ~ ambiguity ~ got old pretty fast last season. I guess I just don't find an unexplained mystery as fascinating as Lindelof does. 

Ann Dowd is a national treasure. 

That may have been my favorite episode of television of all time. This week went to uncharted territories for me. I just finished watching it, and I am going to have to regroup a little to make a coherent breakdown of this episode, but it was perfect to me.

I fell behind this season but caught up on episodes 4-8 the past two nights. I'm blown away by the acting. And I'm in the camp that does not care if we ever find out why. I'm finding the study in the 'after' to be so powerful (and emotionally draining). Carrie Coon and Regina King were wonderful in their showdown and I continue to be so impressed with Justin Theroux. And Ann Dowd will be missed (is she really gone?). I hope this show continues on. It's probably one of the best, if not the best, show on right now. 

There is nothing better on TV currently.  This season is absolutely killing it.

I really liked when Kevin connected to his Dad.  I'm still digesting all that happened but it appears that Kevin got played pretty completely.  Patty was several steps ahead of him and stayed in front of him.  When he threw himself in the well that really made me connect with the character.  He isn't the brightest but he truly cares about Patty.  Theroux should get some major respect for some great acting.

There is nothing better on TV currently.  This season is absolutely killing it.

I really liked when Kevin connected to his Dad.  I'm still digesting all that happened but it appears that Kevin got played pretty completely.  Patty was several steps ahead of him and stayed in front of him.  When he threw himself in the well that really made me connect with the character.  He isn't the brightest but he truly cares about Patty.  Theroux should get some major respect for some great acting.

And he's probably only given the 3rd strongest performance after Ann Dowd and Carrie Coon. Shows how strong the acting on this show is. Christopher Eccleston is great too. So is the actress that plays Erika (blanking on her name).

Archived