Wich Aegon gave Darksister to Blood Raven?

Chancho

I thought that was obvious after TWoIaF made it clear that Bloodraven and his mother always kept close ties to court and where very supportive of Daeron II. It couldn't have been Bittersteel, and it most likely wasn't Daemon Blackfyre either, considering that Bloodraven killed him as well as three sons of his.

I thought that was obvious after TWoIaF made it clear that Bloodraven and his mother always kept close ties to court and where very supportive of Daeron II. It couldn't have been Bittersteel, and it most likely wasn't Daemon Blackfyre either, considering that Bloodraven killed him as well as three sons of his.

It made it clear why BR and BS hate each other. No where does it state the relationship between BR and Daemon. As for him killing Daemon, maybe he didn't want to but did it for the good of the realm and that's why he's one of BR ghost's. It could be just me but I can see George making Daemon the brother BR loved.

It made it clear why BR and BS hate each other. No where does it state the relationship between BR and Daemon. As for him killing Daemon, maybe he didn't want to but did it for the good of the realm and that's why he's one of BR ghost's. It could be just me but I can see George making Daemon the brother BR loved.

I highly doubt BR loved Daemon. 

he killed him and his twin sons mercilessly using his magic arrows. 

He intentionally killed his son firstly because he knew Daemon would not leave his son if he still had a breath. 

And BR killed or captured many sons and grandsons of Daemon later too. 

If he really loved daemon, he could have done something better than this. 

I highly doubt BR loved Daemon. 

he killed him and his twin sons mercilessly using his magic arrows. 

He intentionally killed his son firstly because he knew Daemon would not leave his son if he still had a breath. 

And BR killed or captured many sons and grandsons of Daemon later too. 

If he really loved daemon, he could have done something better than this. 

That requires however that Bloodraven was from the start a nice person, which we should know that he isn't per definition, and that the love he bore for Daemon was stronger than his love for Daeron, that he did not love someone else more - like Shiera who would most likely have been Aegor Rivers' mistress if Blackfyre won, or that he with his Greensight was not privy to knowledge regarding magical events that request the Blackfyres to lose.

All in all I am convinced that Daemon was the brother that Bloodraven loved but that there were also reasons for Bloodraven to put duty above his personal affection.

That requires however that Bloodraven was from the start a nice person, which we should know that he isn't per definition, and that the love he bore for Daemon was stronger than his love for Daeron, that he did not love someone else more - like Shiera who would most likely have been Aegor Rivers' mistress if Blackfyre won, or that he with his Greensight was not privy to knowledge regarding magical events that request the Blackfyres to lose.

All in all I am convinced that Daemon was the brother that Bloodraven loved but that there were also reasons for Bloodraven to put duty above his personal affection.

The problem is that there is literally nothing in the book to tell us BR loved or liked or had a good relationship with Daemon. 

But we have good proofs that BR and Daeron are good friends (and their mothers), and Daeron trusted him in his small council. 

if he loved Daemon but killed him and his sons and other family members so mercilessly, what type of love is this?

Can we still call this affection as love?

There is no evidence whatsoever that Daemon and Bloodraven liked each other one bit. Nor is there any indication why the hell Bloodraven would put 'duty' over 'love' if he had loved Daemon Blackfyre. Sure, one could come up with some convoluted scenario how this is the case, but there is no indication for any of that.

What we learned in TWoIaF is that Missy Blackwood and Bloodraven always had close ties to court and that he may have played a big role in informing Daeron II about Daemon Blackfyre's rebellious plans (at a time when may not yet even have had an office at court). Why would he do that if he loved Daemon? And why would his hatred for Aegor overcome his love for Daemon? Not to mention that a Bloodraven loving Daemon Blackfyre most likely would have prevented the whole rebellion since Bloodraven clearly is the smarter guy.

By the time of the Redgrass Field Bloodraven already had Dark Sister - why the hell would Daeron II have given him that sword if he and Bloodraven hadn't been close?

Not to mention that Bloodraven most likely wouldn't have treated Aenys Blackfyre the way he did if the man had been the son of the brother he loved. The Redgrass Field was war, the Great Council was not.

And, honestly, if you love a brother you also try not to slay him or any of his sons in battle. Bloodraven could have played a different role during the battle, just as the Umbers intend not to fight against each other in a battle between Stannis and the Boltons (assuming they even intend to stay to Roose at all).

The problem is that there is literally nothing in the book to tell us BR loved or liked or had a good relationship with Daemon. 

But we have good proofs that BR and Daeron are good friends (and their mothers), and Daeron trusted him in his small council. 

if he loved Daemon but killed him and his sons and other family members so mercilessly, what type of love is this?

Can we still call this affection as love?

I agree that Daeron COULD be the brother than Bloodraven loved, even if it would have been a much more boring scenario than Daemon. When something is love or just affection I'll leave that unanswered, but some men do take their oaths and vows very seriously, and Bloodraven strikes me as a very serious man.

In regards to the subject of other things, recall that I never said that Bloodraven loved Bittersteel and with the idea above that Bloodraven takes his oaths seriously, as well as seen in the example of Aenys Blackfyre, that Bloodraven is ready to do bad things for the sake of the realm, I do not find it at all very strange that he would have killed a man he loved for the sake of the realm because he knew that while Daemon was a swell guy, he was not a kingship material and had dozens of serpents coiled around him, so to speak.

About Bloodraven's abilities, lets us not forget that Bloodraven is a human. He couldn't stop five Blackfyre Rebellions from occuring or that Aegor Rivers was rescued when put on a ship destined for the Wall. And maybe the reason as to why he stayed his hand from assassinating Daemon or something like it was because he loved him and would rather see him at the Wall then see his head on a spike?

And finally in regards to Daeron and Bloodraven. Please recall that its entirely possible for me to love a person, and still like another person. I can do that, I am not limited to direct my positive feelings and affection to a single human being. Same would have been with Bloodraven.

Archived