Are all the ASOIAF characters reborn people from the past?

Stannis in the middle

Theres a lot of speculation about characters like Jon or Dany being AA reborn or the Last Hero of the STMTW reborn. Ive also seen speculation that Tyrion might be Lann the Clever reborn, and Bran may be Brandon the Builder reborn, Stannis may be the Nights King reborn etc etc. 

Is it possible that all the main characters (atleast maybe all the POV characters) are reborn versions of legendary characters from the past?

If thats the case, who do people think characters like Davos, Brienne, Samwell and all the rest represent?

Oh, and remember everyone, Jar Jar Binks is the supreme Sith Lord.

No, this isn't a David Mitchell novel (sorry, I'm just on a huge DM high right now)

And Jar Jar is the key to all this

But there's a certain cyclical theme to the story (or the history) in the series that GRRM sort of goes out of his way to point out in Feast

I didn't know that "cool twist" is now a synonym for author's trolling to the nth degree.

No, OP. There is no reason to assume so either: except for the AA legend, there's no prophecy for a return of the last hero and, as far as we know, there has never been a STMTW before, so that there will be a second coming - this (supposed) one would be the first.

No, this isn't a David Mitchell novel (sorry, I'm just on a huge DM high right now)

And Jar Jar is the key to all this

But there's a certain cyclical theme to the story (or the history) in the series that GRRM sort of goes out of his way to point out in Feast

Jar Jar was obviously the Night's King.

Archived