Does anyone else like Maegor I?

Hrulj

I got into ASOIAF history and just fell in love with this character. Unlike his weakling brother, or other weakling Targaryens like Baelor, this guy was a true son of his father. Strong, powerfull, great warrior, riding Balerion, wielding Blackfyre, son of Visenya, so no chance of his mother cheating on Aegon etc...

Now he does have a bit of a bad reputation, but he did fight for greater good against fanatics.

MAEGOR_I.jpg

So, any other fans of Maegor here?

Aside from being crueler, and riding the most badass dragon out there, having the most badass sword and badass dad, he's Henry VIII of Westeros. 

Which makes him great. Shame he didnt have a sister of similar age

Well if you read some books about medieval church,about church corruption and worst thing of all church inquisition you would realise they were in the similar level as isis today.

Despite Maegor being extremely cruel he did de facto ended faith militant(church inquisition), this is one of the greatest accomplishments Targaryan dynasty ever did for Westers biggest being ending first right night.

And btw they didn't call him cruel for stealing throne from his nephew or brutally ending rebellion in the vale or the fact that he killed workers who built his castle no they called him cruel because he offered 10 golden dragons for a dead priests(septons) who supported rebellion.

Archived